Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain's first computer rehab clinic opens

Still Waters

Britain's first rehabilitation clinic to treat people addicted to computer games has opened its doors in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset.

Therapists say the surge in popularity of web-based "fantasy world" games such as World of Warcraft has triggered a wave of addiction among adults and children.

Suffers spend days at a time glued to their computer screens - going without food, sleep, or any social interaction.

As a result they suffer malnutrition, relationship breakdown and postural problems.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wickian

• Pinx

• Still Waters

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's because I have more than the slightest bit of self control/discipline, but I used to play World of Warcraft and I have no idea how someone can just sit there for more than a few hours. Let alone not even eat or drink.

If someone's health is actually put in danger because they don't want to "take a break" from a game then they're a waste of the governments time and probably and better off not reproducing.

Thankfully I never got into WOW mostly because I can't afford another monthly fee on frivolous entertainment. I'll definitely join Internet Addicts Anonymous as soon as it's invented though. :P

Edited by Pinx