Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brain connected to internet via wi fi

Ozfactor

When technology catches up to our dreams and we can have the internet inside our minds via wi fi , would you do it ?

I thought it would be like stepping from the stone age to our present age and we would become almost a single minded community, united and our evolution would progress exponentially , we would discover the cure for cancer and the meaning of life , we would conquer disease , old age and death , we would become Gods !

but then I started thinking of all the bad things associated with the internet

hacking

government control

spying

advertisements brainwashing us , telling us what to wear, what to buy , where to holiday

crashes , viruses , glitches

recharging ?

$ $ $

It could be the ultimate Big Brother !

• 2 weeks later...

No. I am an organic being in a steady state of decomposition. I do not want anything mechanical, or electrical hooked up to, or in me.

• 4 weeks later...

Regardless of the potentials, there's no chance I would connect my brain to the net. I enjoy my privacy and I do not consider my thoughts, ideas etc to be public domain.

I like the question.

• Like 1

Regardless of the potentials, there's no chance I would connect my brain to the net. I enjoy my privacy and I do not consider my thoughts, ideas etc to be public domain.

Exactly why this just isn't a good idea (not at all IMO). There are jokes about the 'thought police'...do this and that will become a reality PDQ.

• Like 2

Exactly why this just isn't a good idea (not at all IMO). There are jokes about the 'thought police'...do this and that will become a reality PDQ.

Exactly. The idea reminds me a bit of the movie Minority Report.

Its bad enough that were pressured into using " the cloud" to store info that can be stored on portable hard drives but to put ones thoughts, ideas, emotions etc onto the net is just plain crazy.

• Like 1