Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

The Pontefract Poltergeist

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16    acebam

acebam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:19 PM

AS I HAVE LIVED IN PONTEFRACT ALL MY LIFE I HAVE PRIVVY TO SOME INSIDE INFORMATION ALSO BEING A MEDIUM ALSO HELPS I ACTUALLY NO THE FAMILY IN THE STORY AND WHERE THE HOUSE IS IN PONTEFRACT I HAVE VISITED THE HOUSE AND THERE IS A LOT OF ENERGY IN THE HOUSE ALTHOUGH THE  ENERGY THAT WAS THERE HAS SUBSIDED A GREAT DEAL  THE ENERGY IS STILL THERE AND SO IS FORCE THAT SURROUNDS THE HOUSE. 1 COMMENT WAS POSTED FURTHER UP BY HAMSTER SAYING THIS WAS NOT REPORTED HOWEVER IN EARLIER EDITIONS OF THE PONTEFRACT AND CASTLEFORD EXPRESS THE STORY WAS REPORTED ON BUT THE FAMILY WAS PASSED AS HOAXERS HOWEVER IN THE EARLY 1980'S WHEN THE ACTIVITY WOULD BE AT IT'S PEAK A REPORTER FROM THE DAILY MIRROR  AND STAYED THE NIGHT AND WITNESSED SOME EXTRODINARY PHENOMENOM HE DOCUMENTED AND TOOK SOME PHOTOS SOME WHICH WERE PUBLISHED IN THE PAPER. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS INFORMATION

#17    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

Hey:

linked-image

Just FYI.

#18    dani10

dani10

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

• "They are barking, Sancho, so let's ride"
    - The Quixote

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

Why would a ghost take a bite from a sandwich?? huh.gif

#19    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

• "When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Posted 22 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

The case was from the '60s NOT the 80's so I am not sure what your point is?

Are you confusing it with the Enfield case??

#20    Banana Man

Banana Man

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

• What has eight limbs, 80's hairdo and a entire band's instruments? A roctopus.

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

Why would a ghost take a bite from a sandwich?? huh.gif
Was wondering that as well.

Banana Man!
"Do you want a banana? Feel down in your mm,mmm,mmm. Do you want a banana? This banana for you!"

#21    Jouster

Jouster

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

that is terribly sscary

#22    therandomhero

therandomhero

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

hi guys im glad i found this post as i am from the pontefract uk area and im doing a tv documentary on the haunted house in pontefract this story is very interesting but im not sure if its the right story for the house i am looking for if anyone has a address for this please email me at the-him-bullet09@hotmail.com all info is crucial for the documentary i am making the most research i can the better
thanks for your time
bulletshuandakin

#23    therandomhero

therandomhero

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:31 AM

hi acebam!
my name is bulletshaundakin and im doing a documentary on this house in a few weeks in the meantime im getting as much research as i can if you would like to help me out more please contact me on my email address or msn account the-him-bullet09@hotmail.com
if there is anything you would like to tell me about this house before me and a few overs spend a weekend in there documenting it all with cameras though out the house
we all so are getting backed by one of the biggest tv program channels on the uk network channel 5 but are yet to be confirmed
thanks for your time bulletshaundakin!

View Postacebam, on 20 July 2007 - 05:19 PM, said:

<b></b><i></i>AS I HAVE LIVED IN PONTEFRACT ALL MY LIFE I HAVE PRIVVY TO SOME INSIDE INFORMATION ALSO BEING A MEDIUM ALSO HELPS I ACTUALLY NO THE FAMILY IN THE STORY AND WHERE THE HOUSE IS IN PONTEFRACT I HAVE VISITED THE HOUSE AND THERE IS A LOT OF ENERGY IN THE HOUSE ALTHOUGH THE  ENERGY THAT WAS THERE HAS SUBSIDED A GREAT DEAL  THE ENERGY IS STILL THERE AND SO IS FORCE THAT SURROUNDS THE HOUSE. 1 COMMENT WAS POSTED FURTHER UP BY HAMSTER SAYING THIS WAS NOT REPORTED HOWEVER IN EARLIER EDITIONS OF THE PONTEFRACT AND CASTLEFORD EXPRESS THE STORY WAS REPORTED ON BUT THE FAMILY WAS PASSED AS HOAXERS HOWEVER IN THE EARLY 1980'S WHEN THE ACTIVITY WOULD BE AT IT'S PEAK A REPORTER FROM THE DAILY MIRROR  AND STAYED THE NIGHT AND WITNESSED SOME EXTRODINARY PHENOMENOM HE DOCUMENTED AND TOOK SOME PHOTOS SOME WHICH WERE PUBLISHED IN THE PAPER. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS INFORMATION

#24    TinkyBlink

TinkyBlink

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

• "I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud."

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

View Posttherandomhero, on 05 September 2010 - 11:31 AM, said:

hi acebam!
my name is bulletshaundakin and im doing a documentary on this house in a few weeks in the meantime im getting as much research as i can if you would like to help me out more please contact me on my email address or msn account the-him-bullet09@hotmail.com
if there is anything you would like to tell me about this house before me and a few overs spend a weekend in there documenting it all with cameras though out the house
we all so are getting backed by one of the biggest tv program channels on the uk network channel 5 but are yet to be confirmed

Sorry to have to tell you this but that post is from July 2007, which was also the last day that user logged into their account, and she also mixed up events with another story, so I dont think you're going to get much im afraid...

#25    SeanBox

SeanBox

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

Attached File  Necro Post 1.jpg   71.14K   21 downloads

hi acebam!

In war, truth is the first casualty.  ~Aeschylus

#26    Blackwhite

Blackwhite

Psychic Spy

• 1,081 posts

• I am minuspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericabobulations.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:53 PM

About 30 years ago Colin Wilson wrote a book called "Poltergeist!" and this case about the Pontefract Poltergeist is in it.  I've got the book and it's a great read, but spooky if you are reading on your own late at night.

Edited by Blackwhite, 08 September 2010 - 05:56 PM.

#27    mcgyver

mcgyver

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

One thing that Colin Wilson has said in the book Poltergeist a study of destructive haunting is, why would anyone make up the Pontefract Poltergeist, it's activities frighting as they were, were also completely pointless.

#28    shadowofadoubt

shadowofadoubt

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

View Postmcgyver, on 16 November 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

One thing that Colin Wilson has said in the book Poltergeist a study of destructive haunting is, why would anyone make up the Pontefract Poltergeist, it's activities frighting as they were, were also completely pointless.

Saying "why would anyone make this up?" doesn't make a claim more credible. There's no real way to know what motivates anyone to do strange things.

#29    D15M3L

D15M3L

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• Hmm.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

i have also lived in pontefract for all my life, the black monk is the name that i know of this and the house is near me as i live in carleton glen. i was just wondering if you know anything about the house on carleton road near the flats that i believe has been under refurbishments for as long as i can remember if you can give me some info i'd appreciate it.

Mankind will end mankind but aliens will end the world

#30    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,103 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

hi acebam!

Hi therandomhero!

This is probably too late because I came across the thread by accident, and you've probably moved on....but for what it's worth, i've known about the Black Monk since I was a child.
My uncle was a neighbour of the pritchards.(their back gardens were adjacent to each other). My uncle 'George Gluck' was pals with Joe and they were  frequent guests in each others homes.
My uncles house was at 25 Chequerfield Avenue, and I cannot remember what the Pritchards street was called, but it was only a few yards away.
Uncle George sadly passed away in 1995, and I have'nt been to the estate since.
All that I can tell you is that uncle George said that he believed that Joe honestly believed that he was being haunted by a real poltergeist! And that if there was any fakery..then it would have been performed by the kids!!
He said that because not long after the 'haunting' had begun , my uncle himself had a brief period where there were tiny stones being thrown at his windows at the back side of the house... The side that was facing the Pritchards house!
It went on for a couple or three days, until my uncles patience had worn away...and on the final night of the annoying pings and bangs coming from the kitchen windows...my uncle ran out into the back garden and yelled threats at whoever was doing this stupid nonsense !!
Of course there was no reply!...But it never happened again!
And though he had no proof...he always said that he was sure that it was the Pritchard's teenage son that had been doing it!

But as for the poltergeist being real?..well uncle George was never sure!...He would just say that Joe and Jean believed it!...but that he never personally witnessed anything otherworldly!...Though he watched his friend turn from non believer to believer, and for a couple of years the mounting tension in the house made him uneasy and his visits came to a stop!

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users