Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Axe Man

Blood-lust

I can't remember the story word for word so I'll post a quick review of it, It was told to me at a sleep over when I was like 10 or 9, I was always curious if others had heard of it or not.

So there used to be a family of 5, a mother a father, a sister and two brothers. They lived out in the country not near many houses or buildings, the father worker as a lawyer. At his desk the day seemed as if it would never end, the meetings dragged on, work piled on his desk and he couldnt leave until he was done. When he finally finished it was late at night, around 12:00 or so. He drove home fairly quickly, exhausted from the days work. Walking into his house his wife was waiting for him at the table, the food was out ready for him to eat, though there was something different about him, his eyes were terribly blood shot and his face very pale. His wife spoke to him for a little while before they went to bed. Laying in their bed the kids were asleep and his wife, though something was wrong, he started hearing voices all around him saying "kill, kill" getting up he looked possesed. Walking out side he grabbed the axe that he cut wood with, going back into the house he back up to his room, standing beside his wife he raised the axe, she opened her eyes and let out a scream, he cut her head off. Turning around he walked down to his daughters room where she slept, walking over to her he dropped the axe down onto her stomach, then headed to the boys room. The first boy woke yelling for him to stop while the other ranfor his window, opening it he tried to climb out but was hacked in the back of the head, soon afterwards his brother was killed too. The man still had that look on his face. walking out of the house he trudged through the forest still holding his axe. Some road workers were fixing a pipe on the side of the street, they saw him and asked if he was ok yadda yadda, they were killed, skinned then hung by their necks in a tree. Continueing his walking he came across a lake, on the other side was a small house where an old lady lived, diving into the water he swam over, knocking the door down he killed her too. after that he dissapeard, the only things that remained were the bodies, but the question still remains, is he dead, or still out there some where.

Ok that was a quick version, I know it was a bit different than that but thats the best I could remember. If you've heard of it or something similer please tell.

Edited by Blood-lust

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldTimeRadio

• Blood-lust

• Iorning_Board

• HollyDolly

That sounds like the movie "Amityville Horror". It also sounds like something that happened around here a few years back:

It was a typical family of 4 or 5. The father worked and worked and couldn't make enough money for his family, so one night he pulled out his gun and killed his daughters and wife (because he figured they would be better off in heaven than living a crappy life here, which I can totally relate with). He then, ran to city hall and blew his brains out on the steps. ****ing taxes...

True story.

--Jon

And how would someone be able to watch this? wouldn't they be killed too?

I did'nt say that I knew every detail, I just told what I heard, and its easy to skin someone with an axe just as it is to skin a tree of it bark. It could be a made up story or it could have been real, I don't know. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of it or something similer to it.

Never heard that one before. It sounds ok but the blood shot eyes how would someone now about that? I can understand people finding out about a man going on a murder rampage . How would they know he had blood shot eyes lol.

Susie Bowens took an axe

And gave her mother forty wacks

And when she realized what she done

She gave her father forty-one!

I think that was her name.... But there was a story around in which a family of four were sleeping, and when the two daughters wook up, the mother had 40 marks on her body hewn out from an axe, and daddy had 41... And yet the murder is still un-solved...

thats wierd how they never found him, maybe he went into the woods or something and killed himself, similar stories have probaly happened more than we think. someone goes crazy, theres little to stop him.

I'm disappointed. I thought this was the old Demon Axeman story, but its not. Don't know this story. Sounds like a typical urban legend alright.

In the 20's in Louisiana, someone was killing people with an ax - it was so common that it even inspired some of the musicians to play a piece one had invented called "The Demon Axeman's Blues" - no one was killed during a festival where this was played, that was on the night that the Axeman usually killed. He would also slip in through windows and some people said had some sort of powder or gas which kept people asleep while he killed them.

The actual articles can be looked up in the Times-Picayune newspaper from that era, for anyone that is interested.

Susie Bowens took an axe

And gave her mother forty wacks

And when she realized what she done

She gave her father forty-one!

I think that was her name....

The correct name is Lizzie Borden, and she was acquited of murdering her father and stepmother, although everybody still believed she had done it.

• 8 months later...

There was a long series of axe murders in the United States from 1910 through 1923 - Iowa (1910), Kansas and Missouri (both 1912), Louisiana (1913-1918) and Alabama (1919-1923), and possibly others I'm not yet aware of.

Then in 1929 a Detroit, Michigan, occultist named Benny Evangelist was axed to death along with his wife and children.

That's enough to trigger a LOT of Axeman ULs.

With all the documented stories, I can understand how an axe one can be started almost anywhere.

That sounds like the movie "Amityville Horror". It also sounds like something that happened around here a few years back:

It was a typical family of 4 or 5. The father worked and worked and couldn't make enough money for his family, so one night he pulled out his gun and killed his daughters and wife (because he figured they would be better off in heaven than living a crappy life here, which I can totally relate with). He then, ran to city hall and blew his brains out on the steps. ****ing taxes...

True story.

--Jon

where do you live

....one night he pulled out his gun and killed his daughters and wife (because he figured they would be better off in heaven than living a crappy life here, which I can totally relate with).

But how did his wife and daughters vote on this?

Its stories like these that make me feel safe that I live 15minutes away from the border of mexico :(

• 7 months later...
Its stories like these that make me feel safe that I live 15minutes away from the border of mexico :(

I will sarcasticly ask if I detect sarcasim there.

I've heard something very similar on the popular game called The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, with the exact same title as this forum. Only there was one kid who lived with an uncle who always made him work without pay yadda yadda... then when the kid was like, 22 I think his Uncle was going to move an give him a present. The present was an axe. HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET!!!!!!!!!! The uncle was not going to give him absolutely anything but an axe. Of course, the Man hacked his old uncle to pieces and, in game, is an assasin for a group called the tellivani.

Edit: Of course, the story's in a book describing why he prefers axes over any other kind of weapon.

Edited by One wing's better than two

Ah, it's an Urban Leagen. Too many facts that one would only know if they had survived the attacks but, the story clearly indicates that he in fact killed every one.

He had blood shot eyes

Swam across the lake (couldn't have walked around it?)

Workmen asked him if he was alright and he killed them, (How do we know what if anything they said to him)

Somebody told you a really good campfire story. It's one you can pass on to someone else and maybe even tell your own kids around a campfire one night but, that is, in the end, all it is. A really good campfire story.

The correct name is Lizzie Borden, and she was acquited of murdering her father and stepmother, although everybody still believed she had done it.

i heard somewhere that she had been naked when she did it and washed off the blood therefore leaving no bloody clothes and she then went and put on the clothes she wore before she commited the crime

im not sure if that why but i no that b**** aint innocent

i heard somewhere that she had been naked when she did it and washed off the blood therefore leaving no bloody clothes and she then went and put on the clothes she wore before she commited the crime

im not sure if that why but i no that b**** aint innocent

No. She was wearing clothes. I believe she burned them after the incident. If I remember correctly, an investigation found traces of human blood above her stove. And the reason she was aquited was because she was rather affluient in the community; however, there is little doubt now about her guilt.