Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Court Orders Clonaid To Talk

UM-Bot

An executive of the company that claims to have produced a human clone has been subpoenaed to appear in court, and the company has been ordered to disclose the whereabouts of the baby girl and her mother.

The witness subpoena and summons were approved on Saturday by a Florida court at the request of a lawyer, Bernard Siegel, who has filed a lawsuit asking the state to appoint a guardian for the child.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Guardian

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Saru

• UM-Bot

• Magikman

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I dislike lawsuits, but I feel this is justified. Hopefully the facts will be disclosed soon and this controversial issue will be resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update, for anyone who may still be interested; unsure.gif

Latest: Rael, the founder and leader of the Canadian-based group, said Monday that claims by one of his bishops that her organization Clonaid had cloned a baby might be bogus, but that it didn't matter. "If it's real," he said of Brigitte Boisellier, "she deserves the Nobel prize."

"If it's not true, she's also making history with one of the biggest hoaxes in history, so in both ways it's wonderful. Because, thanks to what she is doing now, the whole world knows about the Raelian movement. I am very happy with that," he said at his compound, called UFOland,near Valcourt, Quebec. He sat at a small plastic table with his book and a sign with his Web address.

"This event saved me 20 years of work."

Up to now: The Raelians, in conjunction with Clonaid, the organization it founded, stunned the world Dec. 27 when it claimed it had cloned a baby. It has yet to provide proof. After a Florida lawyer filed a court motion for the state to take custody of the baby, Boisselier said the parents decided against the DNA testing. The parents have not been identified.

The group was founded by Rael -- a man named Claude Vorilhon, who is a former race car driver and journalist. He says an extraterrestrial named Yahweh came by spacecraft to deliver a message to him on Dec. 13, 1973.

-- Associated Press

thanks to what she is doing now, the whole world knows about the Raelian movement.

Exactly - I somewhat doubt that human cloning has been accomplished by Clonaid, they knew what publicity they would receive following such an announcement, and I get the feeling that they've achieved what their original goals were - cloned baby or not.

I agree Gareth,

I think the media has done a disservice by pandering to the accusations of Clonaid without any evidence being provided