Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ben Rich, Former Head of Lockheed Skunk Works

speaker of the house

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”

Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

I actually have the entire speech on video....very....interesting, he died shortly after...imagine that

Ben Rich

Benjamin R. (Ben) Rich graduated from Berkley with a degree in mechanical engineering in 1949 at the age of 25. Rich originally wanted to become a doctor. In 1949 Rich decided to get a master's degree from UCLA specializing in both "aeronautical engineering and dateing soriety girls." Rich came to Lockheed in 1950 after recieveing a degree aeronautical engineering. In December 1954 he was summoned to the Skunk Works by Kelly Johnson as a 29 year old thermodynamisist earning $87 dollars a week. Kelly had requested to borrow from the main plant "a thermodynamicist, preferably a smart one" to solve an unspecified problem. Ben Rich's first assignment with the Skunk Works was the intake on the XF-104 Starfighter. Rich would soon work on the U-2, the A-12, YF-12, Sr-71, and D-21 programs. He joined the SR-71 program in it's inital stages in 1958, and as a thermodynamicist, personally suggested that the Blackbird family of aircraft be painted black to reduce surface temperatures.

In 1975 Rich succeeded Johnson as the head of Skunk Works and as a Lockheed vice president in 1977. Rich during this period focused the Skunk Works on the creating the F-117A. In 1977 when the XST made it's first flight, retired Kelly Johnson slapped Rich on the back and yelled "Well, Ben, you got your first airplane." In 1984-86 he served as interm president of Lockheed's Advanced Aeronautical Company, after which he promptly returned to head up Skunk Works once again. In May 1990 when the Skunk Works became a independent company, Ben Rich was named the company's first president and "Chief Skunk." In December 1990 while the first deployment of F-117A's were heading to Saudi Arabia for DESERT SHEILD, Rich retired from Skunk Works.

Ben Rich (and the entire F-117A team) won the 1989 Collier Trophy, was a fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), recieved the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) national aircraft design award in 1972, was selected the 1988 Wright Brothers annual lecturer by both the AIAA and the British Royal Aeronautical Society, and in 1991 was elected an honorary fellow of the AIAA. In 1994, Ben Rich published his memoirs "Skunk Works."

On January 5, 1995 Ben Rich died from cancer at age 69. At his request, his ashes were scattered from an airplane near his beachfront house on the California coast in Oxnard. At the moment his ashes were released, a lone F-117A appeared out of the clouds and dipped its wings in a final salute to its creator.

http://www.skunkworks.net/

Edited by speaker of the house
  • Like 1

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”

I actually have the entire speech on video....very....interesting, he died shortly after...imagine that

Do you have a link to that video? My wife works for company that does contract work for the government. Specifically in the area of propulsion. Her boss once said that they were working on anti gravity propulsion,but not from UFO's.

Do you have a link to that video? My wife works for company that does contract work for the government. Specifically in the area of propulsion. Her boss once said that they were working on anti gravity propulsion,but not from UFO's.

Link?? No...I actually have it on VHS...lol, comeon it was the 90s...if you wanna PM me your address I'll mail you a copy.

This is also one of the main purposes to the disclosure project. We have had extremely advanced technology for decades purportedly, however, they are locked within the secret shadow government vault, as the rumor goes. The estimated “black budget” spending per year in the past few years has been estimated as high as 2.3 trillion in 1999. What could they possibly be spending trillions on considering that none of this money went to any other government spending program, strictly for black budget spending? If these estimates are true, than the U.S. government is hiding something immensely important completely secret. Top Secret military projects, special weapons etc, can only be attributed to maybe a couple hundred billion of this black budgets spending, if that. Then what is the rest of this tremendous sum of money being invested into? What could possibly be so important to spend trillions of government dollars and not tell the very people who are paying for these black budget projects in the first place?

Check out these two articles regarding the black budget:

http://www.arcticbeacon.com/1-May-2005.html

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0209/S00126.htm

anything you can imagine we already know how to do

Is it just me or "how to do" doesn't mean that it exists AT ALL ??!! or at least for now, but the tech is available...

:unsure2:

Edited by patstp

anything you can imagine we already know how to do

Is it just me or "how to do" doesn't mean that it exists AT ALL ??!!

:unsure2:

I can imagine some pretty crazy stuff...usually envolves cheerleaders and midgets...but still...they must know EVERYTHING

I can imagine some pretty crazy stuff...usually envolves cheerleaders and midgets...but still...they must know EVERYTHING

There's a difference between KNOWING EVERYTHING and actually building and flying these things don't you think ?

That'd be great if it were true. It all seems so... stargateish though.

neat story :ph34r:

Edited by limited

That'd be great if it were true. It all seems so... stargateish though.

Stargate wasnt based on a true story ? :blink:

Edited by et's daddy

Stargate wasnt based on a true story ? :blink:

Not the entire movie, but the part where Kurt Russell kills that guy...totally based on an actual event....

Don Phillips is also from Lockheed Skunkworks and CIA contractor (and also formerly served in the military)

He speaks on some amazing things on the NPCC video from "The Disclosure Project" that was done in 2001 prior to 9/11

He is seen about 35 minutes into the 2 hour video.

Edited by Cinders

sometimes the truth is best hidden in the light of day, and sometimes it is best hidden between two lies...but regardless, enemies are always paying attention. some things may not be for us to hear, but for them.

oops! I forgot to add his picture from the video....

user posted image

I dont get it, i downloaded the entire video yesterday.

Is it true , or is a hoax?

Some very credible witnesses appear in the video... if its true, there is no more Ufo secret... i dont get it.

Some very credible witnesses appear in the video... if its true, there is no more Ufo secret... i dont get it.

looks like the cover is blown.... :ph34r:

You might want to read this thread through below - posted by Prophecy Guru

Link:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=63726

Almost any conspiracy that can be linked to surpressing inovation for the sake of corporate oil profits seems believable anymore.

• 3 months later...

It would be good if you could post this video on www.youtube.com and post a link to it here.

If you have this video like you claim it would be a great confirmation for you to show it off. I have noticed this incident being quoted on a few UFO website now. It would be good for you to prove Ben Rich said this it before it gets discredited and palmed off as an urban myth.

Don't wait for an act of God. Upload it so we will know who are the bearers of the true gifts and its promises.

I saw a show on the History Channel a few months ago where they had some guy, (I guess that it's this one), saying something along the lines of "All the stuff that you see in the science fiction movies, we already know how to do and have better". I may not be quoting it exactly but, it was supposedly a real interview with someone supposedly really in the know.

I don't think that we have a Death Star out there though.

Edited by Lord Umbarger

i doubt we have spaceball1 either

It would be good if you could post this video on www.youtube.com and post a link to it here.

If you have this video like you claim it would be a great confirmation for you to show it off. I have noticed this incident being quoted on a few UFO website now. It would be good for you to prove Ben Rich said this it before it gets discredited and palmed off as an urban myth.

Hey Mr. Observant...look under the orignal posters name...he's banned....or was he just taken out by the Men in Black...hmmmmmm