Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Pet. Peeves.

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,227 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Now that I'm thoroughly peeved, I thought this would be a good time to start a thread for people to share the things that annoy you most. :)

First for me are calls which come across on a Caller ID as PRIVATE. 100% of the time they are a sales call and blocking their number is their way of making you think it's something else entirely. Equally as bad is when they just hang up. Someone called for one of my bosses earlier under the PRIVATE phone number thing so I said he wasn't available to take the call and asked if I could take a message. She just hung up on me.

:td: <_< :angry:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,510 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

If they can't let me see who's calling I don't answer the phone.

What I really hate is cheaters and liars.

Edited by Hilander, 12 March 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#3    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,898 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

I just turned on the TV to catch the local new and weather and they got the swearing in of the Cardnals.  Isn't there a Catholic channel for that? Honestly who really cares, I could see braking in if they had elected a pope but this is ridiculous.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,227 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostHilander, on 12 March 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

If they can't let me see who's calling I don't answer the phone.

I do that at home, but I can't here at work. Someone else will answer if I don't.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#5    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,206 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

People that have no honor- liars, thieves, trespassers..
Chicago drivers.
I have costuming pet peeves too.

#6    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,183 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

This happens often at my local gas station... Watching people pay for already prepared foods and junk food with food stamp (EBT Cards) then proceeding to hand the cashier a wad of cash and a stack of Lottery numbers to run for them.
Dammit people, if you don't have the money for food, then you definitely don't have the money to gamble.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#7    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,227 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Chicago drivers. :lol:  The idiots around here tend to go down the wrong way on a one-way aisle in the parking lots. If the parking spots are angled, the traffic must go one way. If they are straight, then it's two way. I always drive down the centre of the aisle and let them either back up or try to get around me.

#8    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Pet hate threads

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#9    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,227 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

So don't read.

#10    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,307 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

People who tailgate in traffic.  Also people who stand too close to you while you are waiting in line.  
People who play crappy music really loud, in a car or at home.
People who let their kids behave badly in public.

Respect personal boundaries and have some manners, people!   (I sound like an old meanie :innocent:)

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#11    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 2,509 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

people who stomp on the floor when they walk and feel the need to talk and yell at the top of their lungs, even though they know people live under them.

i'll just shorten that i hate neighbors of any kind lol.

parents at resturants that let their kids run around or be completely obnoxious when others are trying to have a meal.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

#12    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Retail metamorphosis, when people turn spartan to do their shopping,
Automated answer services for utilities and similar,
People not recycling and seeing the waste just forced into bins without a moments thought of the environment,
Geez I could go on all day....I think I just turned into my old man

#13    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 2,509 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postciriuslea, on 12 March 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

Automated answer services for utilities and similar

oh my god this i haaaaaaaaate automated crap i haaate it i just try to mash the 0 key till i get a freaking human on the phone.

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 13 March 2013 - 12:35 AM.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

#14    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostOppono Astos, on 12 March 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Pet hate threads
They only work when you've got a valid reason for them.You need solid evidence has to why they get on your nerves.So what makes an unhappy medium browned off...

Polictians,Chavs,bus drivers,cold callers,charity workers hanging about in supermarkets,reality TV stars,British soap opera's,roadwork maintenance crews,trolls and keyboard warriors,bullies,racists,sexists,fundamental Christians,cultists,The Royal Family and all other toffs,wasps,mosquitoes and crane flies,horses on public roads,dog crap on pavements,perma- tanned people and finally dog- ends and pubic hairs in kitchen sinks.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#15    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,183 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostOppono Astos, on 12 March 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Pet hate threads
Trolls :whistle:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users