Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peer review is a flawed process

Big Bad Voodoo

here is a proof:

I post link in 11:09

Render answer in 11:09.

Conclusion- Render ignores studies.

But as I told you and I see you need to be repeated, I know its painfull to see how your utopia is melting. I understand you are angry. I hate to loose too.

Here is interesting quote to you:

Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies. To teach superstitions as truths is a most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can he be in after years relieved of them.

Hypatia

Edited by the L

here is a proof:

I post link in 11:09

Render answer in 11:09.

Conclusion- Render ignores studies.

But as I told you and I see you need to be repeated, I know its painfull to see how your utopia is melting. I understand you are angry. I hate to loose too.

Here is interesting quote to you:

Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies. To teach superstitions as truths is a most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can he be in after years relieved of them.

Hypatia

What I find ironic; I bolded the part of your statement that I think is at the root of the problem. You don't trust peer review, because people are flawed, make mistakes, etc.

I'm postulating that if people weren't so ego driven and were in actual pursuit of truth, we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with.... People wouldn't commit fraud when doing scientific studies if they weren't so focused on being correct, and instead were more focused on finding truth.

What I find ironic; I bolded the part of your statement that I think is at the root of the problem. You don't trust peer review, because people are flawed, make mistakes, etc.

I'm postulating that if people weren't so ego driven and were in actual pursuit of truth, we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with.... People wouldn't commit fraud when doing scientific studies if they weren't so focused on being correct, and instead were more focused on finding truth.

Agree. Thing is when I loose and see that Im not right I admit.

Here I won. Others need to admit their ignorance and mistakes.

Edited by the L

This thread doesn't mean anything, it's just the L show presenting a coock a doodle doo

No Render is showed you are ignorant person. Beside that peer review doesnt work.

Agree. Thing is when I loose and see that Im not right I admit.

Here I won. Others need to admit their ignorance and mistakes.

Now the circle talks begin.... I bow out. The non-existant debate between the L and green_dude777 is officially over.... Winner, the L.

Now the circle talks begin.... I bow out. The non-existant debate between the L and green_dude777 is officially over.... Winner, the L.

Im childish too. But not in my defeat.

And as usualy be when people (so called "sceptics" on UM) cant give couner argument-attack person who give argument.

And when they see that they are "psychologicly" inferior they run. :no:

Yes peer review sucks. Get over it.

Edited by the L

Well this was a great edition of the L show, lets see what our contestants won.

Render and everybody else, you all get to go home with the knowledge that you still have your sanity and intelligence, which is why you all feel no need to prove yourself ot internet personalities you will never meet.

The L, as the winner of the evening you get to spend a wild night with wikipedia, thinking you're doing something useful by going around in circles and ignoring other ppl their reasoning. Congrats! I hope it feels mighty good.

http://www.wikipedia.org/ Here ya go

• Like 2

And as usualy be when people (so called "sceptics" on UM) cant give couner argument-attack person who give argument.

And when they see that they are "psychologicly" inferior they run. :no:

Yes peer review sucks. Get over it.

Let me translate for you, since you're "psychologicly" (sic) superior to us, you don't have time to proofread.

"And, as usual, when people (so called "skeptics" on UM) can't give counter-arguments, they attack the person who started the argument.

And when they see that they are "psychologically" inferior, they run." (also, it's usually not correct to start a sentence with 'and')

Edited by green_dude777

Oh boy Render.... Now I feel pity for you. ...Im not used on you like way you are today. Maybe you have personal problems. So I will stop pressing you untill you cools off.

Edited by the L

Thread closed since no one seems to be able to conduct themselves with out resorting to personal attacks.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 1