Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For Catholics Converts.

Dang

New to the Catholic Church? Cool!

But why? Haven't you heard about all the evil inspired teachings of the Church?

How the Church controls your lives. What about all those brothers and sisters of Christ. How do you handle the infallibility of the pope(s). The communion of saints. Mary the Mother of God, confession, the wealth, scandals, The Kennedy's, and the Eucharist? You do understand Catholics belive the communion wafer actually becomes the Body, Blood and Soul of Christ by God through the hand of priest? Be they good or bad. How? What is the Mass?

I left the Catholic Church because of these question and more. My generation is the first generation to leave the church in my families recorded history. And you too can leave the Church for the same reason. Unless you learn why the Church teaches what she teaches.

After searching church after church, getting on my knees praying with tele-evagalist and praying for guidance and reading the bible cover from cover without anyone telling me what I was reading I came to the conclusion that the Catholic church is the most biblical church out there. Because I was raised as a Catholic I made connection after connection in the verses of the bible that related to the Catholic Church more then any other denomination.

Finally I asked myself "Why do Catholics belive Mary remained a virgin when the bible says so plainly she wasn't?" This question bugged the hell out of me for many years. So I researched it with a Bible dictionary that I bought at a christian book store and looked up "brothers" and found grounds why the Catholic Church could argue with the idea that Jesus had brothers and sisters. And I learned that the word "till" has a lot more meanings then one. Firstborn! It's a title also for an only son! For the rights that come with it.

Learn your Faith! Learn it so you can defend your faith! Don't take it for granted. She "is" the Body of Christ. She "is" a real living breathing being lead by the Holy Sprit! Learn the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Now where do you go to learn the truth? The Mormons? Baptist? China? No. To learn the truth you have to go to the Church.

Newadvent.com Catholic Answers. com and EWTN Are great defenders of our faith.

I love the Catholic Church! I love our Traditions and Teachings and I know this is where God wants me. grin2.gif

(Oh, I wish I knew some Latin right now!)

God Bless you!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dang

• Geoff

• scipherel

• Paranoid Android

Yeah, the Catholic Church is full of Contradictions between the Bible and itself...thats why i'd rather believe in God than believe in Religion.

At least you know what your doing, its all cool to convert.

Finally I asked myself "Why do Catholics belive Mary remained a virgin when the bible says so plainly she wasn't?" This question bugged the hell out of me for many years.  So I researched it with a Bible dictionary that I bought at a christian book store and looked up "brothers" and found grounds why the Catholic Church could argue with the idea that Jesus had brothers and sisters. And I learned that the word "till" has a lot more meanings then one. Firstborn! It's a title also for an only son! For the rights that come with it.

745416[/snapback]

Hi Dang,

You have every right to believe as you wish, but it won't make Jesus' brothers and sisters disappear.

[H.R.: could you give us a complete list of the names of Jesus' brothers and sisters?]

Of course, I will do this with great pleasure. Jesus had five brothers, namely, James (Ya’qov), Simon (Shim’on), Judah (Yehudah), Joses (Yosef) and Thomas (Toma’). And he also had two sisters, Rachel (Rakhel) and Lea (Le’ah).

The Education of Jesus in Egypt

Finally I asked myself "Why do Catholics belive Mary remained a virgin when the bible says so plainly she wasn't?" This question bugged the hell out of me for many years.  So I researched it with a Bible dictionary that I bought at a christian book store and looked up "brothers" and found grounds why the Catholic Church could argue with the idea that Jesus had brothers and sisters. And I learned that the word "till" has a lot more meanings then one. Firstborn! It's a title also for an only son! For the rights that come with it.

745416[/snapback]

Hi Dang,

You have every right to believe as you wish, but it won't make Jesus' brothers and sisters disappear.

[H.R.: could you give us a complete list of the names of Jesus' brothers and sisters?]

Of course, I will do this with great pleasure. Jesus had five brothers, namely, James (Ya’qov), Simon (Shim’on), Judah (Yehudah), Joses (Yosef) and Thomas (Toma’). And he also had two sisters, Rachel (Rakhel) and Lea (Le’ah).

745461[/snapback]

And it gives me great pleasure to give you the names of his cousins. James,Simon, Judah, Joses, ect ect ect.

Yeah, the Catholic Church is full of Contradictions between the Bible and itself...thats why i'd rather believe in God than believe in Religion.

At least you know what your doing, its all cool to convert.

745443[/snapback]

Hey, when I was young as you I was just like you. (20ish?) I didn't trust organized religion and I only trusted God.

I talked to him all the time. Laughed with him. Sang to him. Prayed to him. He is MY Father. I always nag him. "Why wasn't I born with a silver spoon, God?"

How come you didn't bless me like you did John Holmes? Nag nag nag nag.

I could just imagine him saying "...Oh jesus, here comes Dang again.

You don't need religion to love God. God don't need religion. God doesn't need us. We need God. And we need religion to worship God. As Christians we all worshipped together the same way for 1500 years. Think of it! 1500 years! Why would God, our loving Father allow MOST us to be mislead by a phoney religion.

Edited by Dang

And it gives me great pleasure to give you the names of his cousins. James,Simon, Judah, Joses, ect ect ect.

745499[/snapback]

Well you could ask Mary, since she should know: Jesus' birth and youth as revealed by Mary, mother of Jesus.

Most of what the New Testament says about me is untrue. I was married legally to Joseph, my husband, who was a young man, and not the decrepit, impotent old man he is described as by the writers who seek to make me a virgin and mother to a son whose Father has no body or spirit, only an All-Soul filled with Divine Love and Mercy, even in the taking by death of loved ones whose bodies can no longer function or sustain life as it is found on earth. No, I was wife and mother to eight flesh and blood children, my first-born being Jeshua, or Jeshu, for the people spoke differently and pronounced differently in northern and central Palestine, as people speak differently in various parts of your own country. He was born exactly like other babies, and neither he nor Joseph, nor I, had any inkling of what his career was to be; and this is the truth and entirely contrary to what is stated in the Scriptures.

But I doubt your mind can be prised open.

Edited by Geoff

What a load of sh** Geoff. Tell me, when Mary wrote that did she tell of when Jesus was lost in the Temple and she belted the crap out of Him because she was worried sick? Or how, like all children, He misbehaved?

Where did that come from? Not only have I personally have be own 'revelations' through dreams 90% of which include angels in their true forms, but I know someone (and I've spoken of this before on here) who HAS while AWAKE seen Mary the mother of Jesus, and countlss other things. Not only that but she was told countlss REAL revelations which did indeed occur, one of which was about the 92 Gulf War (she started seeing Mary in the late 70's) which she was then told would result in another war later on. Tell me how old did Mary look? What was her eye color, how long was her hair, how tall was she?

EDIT: And for the record, you may be able to put it over other people, but you most definantly can't put it over me. So keep peddling, because I ain't buying.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

Well, i am a catholic because i am always free to go to church or not to go to church without being question by other. And i can also go to other religion even i am a catholic.

What a load of sh** Geoff. Tell me, when Mary wrote that did she tell of when Jesus was lost in the Temple and she belted the crap out of Him because she was worried sick? Or how, like all children, He misbehaved?

EDIT: And for the record, you may be able to put it over other people, but you most definantly can't put it over me. So keep peddling, because I ain't buying.

745609[/snapback]

Boy, we have a few closed minds here.

Where did it come from? Well in the period 1914 to 1920 an American lawyer called James Padgett started a new revelation, by personally delivering about 4000 messages. These were all recorded by automatic writing, and most of them published. The interesting thing about his revelation is that he offered proof of what Jesus said. Something you can try, as I did. I have never found another "religion" or what you call it which could offer a physical proof that one can try. And since it worked, and no-body else has it, I do conclude he was talking to Jesus, Mary, Mark, Luke, John etc.

But that was just the start of an ongoing revelation going since that time, which continues to this day. The message I quoted above was from another prolific medium, Dr Samuels, who ironically was Jewish.

But there are other Revelations. And your story about "belting the crap out of Jesus" sadly does not ring my truth bells at all. If you take the Urantia Book, a huge work, about 25% of its 2000 pages of fine print concern the life of Jesus. Nearly hour by hour. Now I don't happen to believe all of that book, but it does not have Mary belting the crap out of Jesus either.

I thought this new section was supposed to be friendly. I am not finding it so.

You can't impress me about folks that have seen Mary while wide awake. Mediums do that all the time. I have a friend who has drawn pictures of nine of the Apostles. Did your friend draw a picture of Mary that he can show us all? It may be a rare talent, but frankly I find folks that can write the words of the angels while awake a lot more convincing than dreams you may have had. Dreams are dreams, they are not conversations with angels. Its a bit like your NDE into hell. I think you lay far too much store by it. But heck, its your trip.

Now I never claimed to have a description of Mary, but I can give you one of Jesus, and I can show you pictures of the apostles such as we have.

Edited by Geoff

Automatic writing doesn't exist. The only automatic writing that occurs is absolutely consciously, or subconsciouly from your own brain.

And for the record, I'm not closed minded, I just happen to know what I'm talking about and will not stand back and listen to utter tripe.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

wow ashley why get so upset? Because someone is stating that they know something? geez as geoff said this is usually nice in here. Why do you have to be so negative. I'd say you might learn something if you listened.....or are you the only one allowed to have information concerning such things? huh.gif

Thanks for sharing the joy Dang. I was baptized Catholic and left and was back too. original.gif Words just won't do and settle for the many issues you raised.

Peace!

I'm Catholic, but I haven't been to Mass in such a long time. I've completed all my sacraments, while I was still a teenager. The only one I haven't went through is 'matrimony' - any single Catholics out there? tongue.gif

But just because I haven't been to Mass, doesn't mean that I totally fell away from my Christian Faith. I pray and talk to God, ask for guidance, ask for forgiveness, etc, etc.

I also keep on open mind to other Religions and Beliefs, but I will always be 'Catholic'.

original.gif

745499[/snapback]

Well you could ask Mary, since she should know: Jesus' birth and youth as revealed by Mary, mother of Jesus.

Most of what the New Testament says about me is untrue. I was married legally to Joseph, my husband, who was a young man, and not the decrepit, impotent old man he is described as by the writers who seek to make me a virgin and mother to a son whose Father has no body or spirit, only an All-Soul filled with Divine Love and Mercy, even in the taking by death of loved ones whose bodies can no longer function or sustain life as it is found on earth. No, I was wife and mother to eight flesh and blood children, my first-born being Jeshua, or Jeshu, for the people spoke differently and pronounced differently in northern and central Palestine, as people speak differently in various parts of your own country. He was born exactly like other babies, and neither he nor Joseph, nor I, had any inkling of what his career was to be; and this is the truth and entirely contrary to what is stated in the Scriptures.

But I doubt your mind can be prised open.

745579[/snapback]

I'm sorry Geoff, but the good ol bible tells me to watch out false prophets. Such as your Mary. But all in all your Mary sounds quite entertaining. And your reply to Ashley gives me an idea for a story line for a comic I'm working on. And would you mind if I use your usurers name also, Geoff? Do you pronounce it "Gee-off"?

Anyway back to your Mary. It's funny that Luke and the rest of the boys got it all wrong. Even the Dead Sea Scrolls are screwed up according to your Mary.

Where did that come from? Not only have I personally have be own 'revelations' through dreams 90% of which include angels in their true forms, but I know someone (and I've spoken of this before on here) who HAS while AWAKE seen Mary the mother of Jesus, and countlss other things. Not only that but she was told countlss REAL revelations which did indeed occur, one of which was about the 92 Gulf War (she started seeing Mary in the late 70's) which she was then told would result in another war later on. Tell me how old did Mary look? What was her eye color, how long was her hair, how tall was she?

745609[/snapback]

Wow Ashley. Private Revaluations? FAR OUT! Aa a Catholic I can take them or leave them so long as they do not contradict the Teachings of the Church.

(I don't even have to except Marian theology to be a Catholic in good standing. But I do. ) So what do you make of Fatima 1917?

Well, i am a catholic because i am always free to go to church or not to go to church without being question by other. And i can also go to other religion even i am a catholic.

745646[/snapback]

Yeah. We can attend other religion services if we choose to do so. The Mass is a lot more spiritual though then listening to some bible thumper prance back and fourth on a platform wrongly called an alter. I don't do other churches anymore though.

745416[/snapback]

Hi Dang,

745461[/snapback]

745499[/snapback]

James was his brother tongue.gif

Religion, in my opinion, is only useful because it provides a building where one can meet with like-minded individuals in worship to God. I do not attend a Catholic church because I believe those teachings are in contradiction to the Bible. I attend an Anglican church, yet I do not agree with all the teachings of this religion either. It all comes down to meeting with other Christians and worshipping our great God together.

All the best,

745416[/snapback]

Hi Dang,

745461[/snapback]

745499[/snapback]

James was his brother tongue.gif

749066[/snapback]

James is his cousin. thumbsup.gif

Cos its fun being a Catholic. When Proddies are having a debate knocking the old church it is nice to experience the silence when you announce you are catholic.

Cos its fun being a Catholic. When Proddies are having a debate knocking the old church it is nice to experience the silence when you announce you are catholic.

754723[/snapback]

LOL! Amen to that! They have no idea that the Catholic church is tho most populated Christian denomination...Oh, wait. I keep forgetting...."Catholics ain't Christian"

Christ-ian - Christ follower.

No one's saying Catholic's aren't Christian. There are many practicing Catholics who you could consider as "Christian", just as there are many protestants who can not be considered "Christian".

It's just that I believe the Catholic church (as in the organization) has it wrong in many regards. My posts as such have always been aimed at them and not at individual followers of said religious institution.

All the best,

745609[/snapback]

Wow Ashley. Private Revaluations? FAR OUT! Aa a Catholic I can take them or leave them so long as they do not contradict the Teachings of the Church.

(I don't even have to except Marian theology to be a Catholic in good standing. But I do. ) So what do you make of Fatima 1917?

747009[/snapback]

I have a question in regards to the Catholic Church. Whats the deal with the "Assumption" I know what it is as far as what it states, but this belief isnt found anywhere in the Bible. The assumption came about in the 1950's and was added to Catholic Dogma. If the assumption isnt divine mandate, then why believe in it? Also, it seems to me the the word "Assumption" is not a word that should be associated with any belief structure simply because it is a contradiction of the word "Faith" you should never assume anything, you either have faith and believe, or you dont. Thoughts???

I'm a Catholic because I've had some unexplainable personal experiences, but there are too many to tell you about.