Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Edgar Mitchell says a lot.......

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#46    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

View Postquillius, on 08 March 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

always :yes:

So using that logic may I ask if you would find Zosers beliefs more 'credible' than Mitchells on the ETH simply based on the fact that Zoser also doesnt subscribe to any of the mentioned above areas?

(apologies for using you in this example Zoser, but I am using Psyches perception of you to show my point.....it is not a perception I personally agree with but thats neither here nor there....neither is whether you really belive in religion esp etc...at least not for the hypothetical posed)

Does Zoser not subscribe to any of those? Does he not cite the Bible on a fairly regular basis? That is supernatural.

Zoserism - If you want something factual; look at the footage.  We don't need text books to tell us facts;  there are other ways. - LINK

I do not find one single thing  that Zoser has ever typed even remotely credible. Rather than a belief, I truly consider his claims fantasy.

No, if the above was the case, which I cannot say I feel is the case, then again no, as Zoser has demonstrated no value in his ramblings, and obviously has lied about real world experience. Edgar Mitchell allows for experimentation, so at least he has attempted to find an answer, where as Zoser has not. Zoser just makes stuff up, and expects other people to believe his crazy nonsense and tries to act like an authority, when he is anything but.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#47    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

View Postbee, on 08 March 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

No.....(although everyone IS entitled to their own opinions and beliefs)

This  'message'....

and the rest of it....

http://www.dailymail...d-60-years.html

Why did you doctor his message then Bee? Do you not have confidence in it's entirety? Why did you purposefully not post the last sentance from the daily fail?

it was:

Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit.
'

Reading the papers Bee?

So how's that work? All this inside information, but Dr Mitchell relies on the paper like everyone else in the world?

Doing what you are doing here Bee, is exactly why Dr Mitchell had that interview with Lisa Bonnice that you are also quite weel aware of, where he stated:

LB: As we were mentioning before the show started, you really stirred up a hornet’s nest, strangely enough, and like you said, you’ve been saying this for years.

EM: I don’t know what really got things stirred up, perhaps it was the Larry King show. I don’t know.

LB: Could be. But basically people are freaking out that you were aware of several UFO visits.

EM: That’s not quite right. You use that in the plural. I was talking about the Roswell incident, the Roswell visitation primarily, but there have been many others that have been reported that I have no personal awareness of but that was the one that I was really talking about.

LINK

He has heard a few anecdotes and promised his long term friends that their fantasies would see the light of day. After that, you made the rest up.

The message indeed. Good God Bee. That's no message.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#48    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostSaitung, on 10 March 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

Mankind is presumably the most dominant, and intelligent, (Relatively speaking) species on the planet. As such we both know and understand we have only been here in our present state for about 4 million years. The planet is some 4.5 BILLION years old. So this leaves an almost unimaginable gap for almost unimaginable things to have occurred. So why, pre-tell-me, does mankind think it has the sum total knowledge and have covered the all-encompassing measure of what constitutes physical life and our physical laws? In other words, there are still aspects to the laws of physics that exist and that may be employed by older civilizations, that mankind has yet to discover. So, as a race that is really so young they amount to kindergarteners, how can there be such arrogance as to make such statements as an event being impossible. The truth of what is happening here is maintaining a comfort zone. I have found that above all, humans want to be comfortable. And in that comfort not be disturbed. So the longer this stage of comfort exists, the harder it is for people to relinquish said comfort. This was evident in the 1950's in the United States during the racial tensions. The older populace was actually scared to death of the new changes coming in the air. The younger generation for the most part, had little to no working knowledge that tied them to the past ways, the way things USED to be. Today, the mindset is the same, how unnerving to some to come to the realization that earth may be little more than a Cosmic Petri dish and we have no way of every knowing and seeing those peering from behind the microscope, until they want us to. So, for men of science it is easier by far to say something doesn't exist without proof. As how could bacteria in a Petri dish ever hope to prove the existence of the CDC technician studying it from behind the microscope?

Awesome, so you are saying the spark of life is proven to be older than 4.5 billion years, and you have evidence of that, because that has to be the case if life is so much older than that here in earth, so you can tell me how life started, and it would be nice if you could place a marker on Star evolution, and how that affects the question of life, which it must being the creator of all elements.

When did the first life begin, and was it preceded by some sort of protolife? You must know this if you know life exceeds that which we are aware of, and what are the physics discrepancies you refer to? Misunderstanding  ir a wider scope, and how do you determine that considering the periodic table, and the life spans of the elements within it?

Please feel free to dazzle those of us in the "comfort zone" who are still scratching our heads over the questions it appears you have answered. That is if you have time on your way to pick up your Nobel Prize.

Or are you just blowing wind out your rear orifice?

#49    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

View PostPaxus, on 08 March 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Doesn't Edgar Mitchell's opinion really depend on what the people he interviewed claimed?

It's one thing if a retired ex-military guy wants to get something off his chest and says, 'Hey Edgar, you know, I saw a UFO once while I was flying over xxxx', and another thing entirely if  they same guy said, 'Hey Edgar, you know we met with aliens out at the xxx base. They landed, got out and chatted with us for four hours before leaving...'

What exactly has he been told?

Gidday Mate

Edgar has claimed that sone people told him the Roswell crash was real, and that is all we know. From the stories, from what I can gather, Roswellians that knew Edgar very well and had grown up with him came up to him after some shows and put the Roswell media story on him, to which he felt obliged to spread the word about, as his friends had suggested. From there, as I understand he hooked up with the fringe element  and Lazar and Greer told him that there was information at the top, which would validate his friends, which he seems happy to have heard, and tried to uncover, very unsuccessfully, but still maintains that the rubbish he heard is accurate, and his superiors are holding ou on him.
Quillius and I had a long thread deeply delving into these sources, and in the end, the sources were a shambles mate. Nothing there. He spoke to some high profile people, but from what I gathered  they were just annoyed that people like Greer had used people like Mitchell to harras them with personal musings.
There are no real stories, not the sort of things you can tell under a flashlight, Edgar advocates Roswell, and Bob Lazar, that about all there is to tell, he gives away no names, no story specifics, nothing more than he believes other people who believe that Roswell was a real ET incident. It was quite an effort to dig up all his references, had Quillius and I at it for quite some pages.

#50    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,782 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

I was thinking about this thread over the last few days,One thing I see is that Dr.Mitchell most likely gives not a !@@t about anything that is said ! But Looking into my Viking Sunstone I see that in the early days of mankind we are quite short a few answers in the area of Human evolution,and what in the heck is all this Stuff about racial tensions and getting older? Someone please bring this into the actual world of Dr. Mitchell please? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#51    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 11 March 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

A good chunk of this mess is that Mitchell was duped by Greer.  Greer lost so much credibility in recent years that that Mitchell has made it clear publicly that he has distanced himself from him because of Greer's radical and unproven theories and claims.  Snakeoil.
I think Mitchell made a good choice...I'll bet he doesn't have one of these on his phone...from Greer's latest:
Posted Image

Apple approved that?

Ed Mitchell Most Unhappy With Greer Using His Name As Disclosure Witness

Cannot blame him, I think even Bob Lazar would not want to hook up with Greer LOL.

#52    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,608 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 11 March 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

You could try listening to what Edgar has to say. He was not keen to come forth, people he had known his entire life felt he was trustworthy and did indeed approach him. I am not making out anything, I am relaying exactly what has n=been said, you are making out there is more to his words than one sees at face value. He says people literally tugged at his sleeve to hold him up to tell him their stories.

For someone who....you say...'was not keen to come forth'...he has been very busy for years relaying what he was told etc...

Did you just make that 'not keen' bit up psyche..?

He didn't have to say anything in public, but he chose to...that much is obvious.

I am not downplaying anything Bee, you are doing what the papers are, and taking one line from a sentence and making the rest up. You are embellishing and exaggerating Edgars words to build up a fantasy that in reality does not exist.

You are definately downplaying what Mitchell has to say....And I am not embellishing or exaggerating anything. Just quoting him.

View Postpsyche101, on 11 March 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

Why did you doctor his message then Bee? Do you not have confidence in it's entirety? Why did you purposefully not post the last sentance from the daily fail?

it was:

Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit.
'

Reading the papers Bee?

So how's that work? All this inside information, but Dr Mitchell relies on the paper like everyone else in the world?

That bit was not relevant to the core 'message'...it was obviously a throw away remark...but one that you have jumped on

to try AGAIN..to downplay what he has to say...

He has heard a few anecdotes and promised his long term friends that their fantasies would see the light of day. After that, you made the rest up.

I've made nothing up...but you seem to think that he has gone out on a limb publically to relay 'fantasies'.....

Do you think Mitchell thought they were fantasies?

In this 1998 interview with John Earls, Edgar Mitchell says....

Make no mistake, Roswell happened. I've seen secret files which show the government knew about it — but decided not to tell the public.

http://www.timstouse...garmitchell.htm

So what do you think about that? He is saying he saw secret files....

I have always said that IMO Mitchell would not be saying what he does unless he was sure of his facts...

:)

Edited by bee, 11 March 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Posted Image

#53    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,608 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 11 March 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

A good chunk of this mess is that Mitchell was duped by Greer.  Greer lost so much credibility in recent years that that Mitchell has made it clear publicly that he has distanced himself from him because of Greer's radical and unproven theories and claims.  Snakeoil.
I think Mitchell made a good choice...

Well it seems that was all just a storm in a teacup (12 years ago) as it looks like Edgar Mitchell is going to have a slot in Greer's upcoming

new documentary 'Sirius'.....

Around 11:20,  he (Mitchell) says....

"Dr Greer did indeed mount an initiative and did go to Washington. Did speak with high level government people. Did present some

of the witnesses we talked about there - to give briefings and has asked for Congressional Hearing on these matters - I attended

and helped him with that .........."

Posted Image

#54    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 08 March 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

***snipped****

Ok thanks for detailed response Jim.

I will look into your links and come back to you.

In the meantime any ideas how Edgar came up with the 3000-1 figure? or what series of data this was extrapulated from..??

#55    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

View Postbee, on 11 March 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

For someone who....you say...'was not keen to come forth'...he has been very busy for years relaying what he was told etc...

Did you just make that 'not keen' bit up psyche..?

He didn't have to say anything in public, but he chose to...that much is obvious.

Hi Bee

No, he had no message to bring forth. If you listen to what he has to say, he was trusted by people who wanted him to take their messages out there for him. Some cattle ranchers with some camp fire stories that has really spooked them.

Here is the interview again:

H+: So the “briefing” you had with the Admiral of the Intelligence Committee for the Joint Chiefs of Staff — that was you briefing them on what you had been told, and not the other way around?
EM: Right.  Let me give you the whole story, from the very beginning.
From the beginning, of course, is that I grew up in the Pecos River Valley, near Roswell.  I was going into my senior year of high school, in 1947, when the so-called “Roswell Incident” took place.  It appeared in the Roswell Daily Record one day that an alien craft had crashed.  However, on the next day, it was reported to be a “weather balloon.”  And that was the end of that, as far as I was concerned.  I was on my way off to college, and I wasn’t concerned about this thing at all.
However, many years later, once I had been to the Moon and back, even though my family no longer lived in the Pecos River Valley, I went back there on a speaking tour.  I guess since I’d been to the Moon, and was a local boy, it made me somewhat credible.  I was grabbed by several of the local “old timers” who were there in 1947 during the Roswell incident and were involved in it in one way or another.  (These folks will remain nameless, even though they’re all dead now.)  They’d tug at my sleeve at some event and say “can I talk to you a minute?”  Then they would tell me their story about how they were involved in either the recovering of bodies, or directing traffic, or some such thing.  They felt for sure that it was a real alien event.  They didn’t want to go to the grave with their knowledge and considered me a safe source to tell.  They pulled on my sleeve to say, “I want to tell you about it.”

See Bee, he had nothing to "come forth" with himself, and he says he knows nothing that he can come forth with.

H+: Did you see anything alien on the Moon when you were there?
EDGAR MITCHELL: No, not at all.

You are definately downplaying what Mitchell has to say....And I am not embellishing or exaggerating anything. Just quoting him.

LOL, really Bee, keep telling yourself that! All I have done is quote the man, you are the one who is reading between the lines.

That bit was not relevant to the core 'message'...it was obviously a throw away remark...but one that you have jumped on

to try AGAIN..to downplay what he has to say...

I've made nothing up...but you seem to think that he has gone out on a limb publically to relay 'fantasies'.....

So you are making nothing up, then what's all this nonsense about a core message? You made that up Bee. Exaggeration, and embellishment. Edgar Mitchell does not indicate any core message at all.

I, nor any crew I was on (I was on three Apollo crews), received any briefing before or after flights on UFO events, saw anything in space suggesting UFOs or structures on the moon, etc. We did it just like we said in official reports. My only claim to knowledge of these events is from the individuals, mostly of yesteryear, who were in government, intelligence, or military; were there, saw what they saw, and now believe it should be made public. But I claim no first hand knowledge, nor have any. Pass it on to the rest of the net, if you will.
--Edgar Mitchell

All you accomplish Bee, is being a pain in Edgars side with reading between the lines and making stuff up:

LB: As we were mentioning before the show started, you really stirred up a hornet’s nest, strangely enough, and like you said, you’ve been saying this for years.
EM: I don’t know what really got things stirred up, perhaps it was the Larry King show. I don’t know.

Do you think Mitchell thought they were fantasies?

Not at all, that is not what Edgar said, he said he believes other people who claim to have inside knowledge.

In this 1998 interview with John Earls, Edgar Mitchell says....

http://www.timstouse...garmitchell.htm

So what do you think about that? He is saying he saw secret files....

I have always said that IMO Mitchell would not be saying what he does unless he was sure of his facts...

:)

Bee, I think you should read it. It does not say "Government files" it says "secret files" that he claims the Government knew about, and for all I know, he may have got that information from Lazar or Greer.

He is sure of his facts, his facts are some people he grew up with believe the media interpretation of Roswell.

Edited by psyche101, 12 March 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#56    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

View Postbee, on 11 March 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Well it seems that was all just a storm in a teacup (12 years ago) as it looks like Edgar Mitchell is going to have a slot in Greer's upcoming

new documentary 'Sirius'.....

It will be interesting to see what Edgar has to say about that.

Documentary??? Sirius is in no way a "Documentary". If the preview is anything to go by, Edgar's bit looks like old footage.

Edited by psyche101, 12 March 2013 - 01:27 AM.

#57    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,782 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

Serious ! Its a Sirius way to make money ! Nothing wrong with that,Dr.Mitchell has been  doing this for quite a long time ! More power to Him ! Look at How well the Stk`s are doing now ?
Now Thats An Alien Idea I like ! :tu:
p.s We chose what to believe and what to read,Its the Understanding of the Facts and Truths That elude most of the people most of the Time.

Edited by DONTEATUS, 12 March 2013 - 02:14 AM.

This is a Work in Progress!

#58    mfluder

mfluder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

All I know is that this man has been places and seen things that nearly all of us never will.  He seems to think there is more to the story than we are being told.  I'd not be too quick to discount that we aren't being told the whole truth.  After all, we are talking about one of the most secretive organizations on the Planet Earth....the United States Government.

#59    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

View Postmfluder, on 12 March 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

All I know is that this man has been places and seen things that nearly all of us never will.  He seems to think there is more to the story than we are being told.  I'd not be too quick to discount that we aren't being told the whole truth.  After all, we are talking about one of the most secretive organizations on the Planet Earth....the United States Government.

Edgar himself says he knows nothing, other people have told him stuff he believes and that is the whole truth. He personally says post that information on the net, not to mention in the interview with Lisa Bonnice that I have already quoted, Edgar agrees that the story is all blown out of proportion. Crikey Moses, if the mans word is not good enough, what is? The only people who think Edgar Mitchell knows something about Aliens are the UFOlogists!

H+: Were you ever officially briefed by the government about UFOs?

EM: No. Not at all.

Edited by psyche101, 12 March 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#60    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 12 March 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

Serious ! Its a Sirius way to make money ! Nothing wrong with that,Dr.Mitchell has been  doing this for quite a long time ! More power to Him ! Look at How well the Stk`s are doing now ?
Now Thats An Alien Idea I like ! :tu:
p.s We chose what to believe and what to read,Its the Understanding of the Facts and Truths That elude most of the people most of the Time.

Well said D, people are certainly choosing what to read and what to believe where Edgar is involved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users