Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jodi Arias Trial

• Please log in to reply
836 replies to this topic

#691    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,143 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 26 April 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

I listened to the texts of May 26th as they were reviewed in court testimony and found them abusive in nature, tone and intent.  Sociopath being the most polite name he used.

As DeMarte testified, to consider ' abuse' depends on ones definition of the word. Context also matters.

#692    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" H.S. Thompson
    Avatar: The Comet Kid by Bob Sacha

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

View Postregi, on 26 April 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

...  he simply couldn't resist.
In fact, there's dialogue in evidence where he conveyed essentially the same thing, but in other words.

sounds like any addict to me.  What else is he going to say about his own weakness for having sex with her? He'll do what addicts do, minimize his part in participating.  Cuss her out for 6-hrs in txt messages, hating her all the way through it,  see the list posted above, not exactly pillow talk... and then have her in for an over-nighter of sex?

I'm not part of the audience that feels compelled to make these characters out to be more or less than what they were through this horrible ordeal... what they were was human, with failings.  In her case, pretty glaring horrible failure obviously, she took his life for God's sake...  but seriously...  TA was a fragile human being too,  with lies of his own in place.  Remember many (or was it all) of his friends all believed him to be a virgin, right?  He fostered that story.  (Who cares really, but it is truth).  A fragile human being,he grew out of a hard place as a kid. This doesn't make him some awful person, it's just what the facts are.  Not the first person to tell lies to live up to religious ideals, either.  And of course for the millionth time since it comes up over & over & over as if no one thinks of it or somehow excuses her for this vile act..  it didn't deserve what she did to him, never could.  I'm out until the jury comes back in any event.  Good weekend to all.

#693    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

View Postregi, on 27 April 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

As DeMarte testified, to consider ' abuse' depends on ones definition of the word. Context also matters.

Help me understand what context would this NOT be abusive in?  Well, this is beyond my reasoning at this point,  I'm out.  Movie time!

freakin whore.- on to the next dick.- her words are worthless.- hates her - rotten lunatic. -  solid form of evil. - identical to satan. -  three hole wonder.
ought to get tips for giving *******s. - got a ****s job. -  you're worthless. You're a b**** -  your life worthless. -  taking up people's air. - a laughing stock. -  he was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat to her. - demented.

http://jodi-arias.wikispaces.com/Abuse

#694    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,171 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

View Posts33ker, on 26 April 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Wow , just reading them insults gave me a horrible murderous feeling and they weren't even directed at me!

I know what you are saying, and the thing is there are no texts or words  of Jodi ever being that mean to Travis, cruel words can make one rage,  and the latest on HLN is that Jodi had a miscarriage of a Travis`s baby and he acted like he did`nt care. I`m not sticking up for her ever killing travis,  but I do think travis did abuse and used Jodi some what .

#695    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,143 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 27 April 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

sounds like any addict to me.  What else is he going to say about his own weakness for having sex with her? He'll do what addicts do, minimize his part in participating.  Cuss her out for 6-hrs in txt messages, hating her all the way through it,  see the list posted above, not exactly pillow talk... and then have her in for an over-nighter of sex?

You don't know what I was referring to.
Alexander didn't 'minimize' anything, and he didn't say that he couldn't resist. I offered a couple of reasons why I THOUGHT he couldn't resist and I should have said that he 'didn't' resist.
Now, whether or not he COULD have, I have no idea, but because he didn't certainly doesn't mean that he must have been a 'sex addict'.
There was no evidence in his home to suggest that he was any more 'addicted to sex' than any other normal, healthy human being. In fact, there was nothing of a sexual nature whatsoever found in his home.

Re: those texts, I certainly don't believe Arias' spin.

Edited by regi, 27 April 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#696    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,143 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 27 April 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Help me understand what context would this NOT be abusive in?

The context of the text was that Alexander was furious.
People might very well say such things when they're furious, and yeah, those aren't kind words, but Alexander was RESPONDING to something obviously very serious, and I have no doubt but that his anger was warranted. That's not 'abusive' in my book.

Edited by regi, 27 April 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#697    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,143 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

To anyone interested in this case, (as in any case) I suggest that they consider their source.
Specifically re: the texts in evidence in this case, those should be viewed in their entirety. Also, people should view them for themselves because comments about them- including their very content- aren't based on accurate information.

I don't have a direct link to the texts, but they can be found with a little research.

#698    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostYamato, on 13 February 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

Guilty, but guilty of what?   Her proven lying and resulting logical conspiracy doesn't prove stabbing, shooting, slicing or murdering.
Even her own defense know she is guilty, they are not even denying it. If they thought she was innocent they would be pleading "not guilty...not self defense!
Arias' lawyers are hoping that a sympathetic portrayal of Arias as Alexander's physically and emotionally abused girlfriend will bolster her claim that she killed Alexander in self-defense. Arias stabbed her lover 27 times, slashed his throat, and shot him twice in the head in 2008, two years after they met and began their sex-fueled affair.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#699    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

I can't believe she's now claiming she was pregnant. I just can't believe a single thing that comes out of the girl's mouth, even if she could be telling the truth, there's too much crap gone before to ever take her seriously.

Posted Image

#700    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostQueen in the North, on 27 April 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

I can't believe she's now claiming she was pregnant. I just can't believe a single thing that comes out of the girl's mouth, even if she could be telling the truth, there's too much crap gone before to ever take her seriously.

I can only find this stating that the National Enquirer printed this story.  Has it actually been covered in court?

Generally if someone miscarries a child, they need medical treatment.  Even if the person decides to let the miscarriage occur naturally without a D&C, follow up ultrasounds would be needed to ensure no tissue is left behind as it can be dangerous.  And surely there would be some evidence if this occured?

#701    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 9,966 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 29 April 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

I can only find this stating that the National Enquirer printed this story.  Has it actually been covered in court?

Generally if someone miscarries a child, they need medical treatment.  Even if the person decides to let the miscarriage occur naturally without a D&C, follow up ultrasounds would be needed to ensure no tissue is left behind as it can be dangerous.  And surely there would be some evidence if this occured?
Plus it's likely she would have told someone at the time ..... a friend or a work colleague. She was probably just a bit late one time.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#702    MyJuryNotes

MyJuryNotes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

YouTube playlist of everything you may have missed. https://www.youtube....ElCoitMULjWJbLJ

#703    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,401 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 27 April 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Even her own defense know she is guilty, they are not even denying it. If they thought she was innocent they would be pleading "not guilty...not self defense!
Arias' lawyers are hoping that a sympathetic portrayal of Arias as Alexander's physically and emotionally abused girlfriend will bolster her claim that she killed Alexander in self-defense. Arias stabbed her lover 27 times, slashed his throat, and shot him twice in the head in 2008, two years after they met and began their sex-fueled affair.
No, self defense is not guilty.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#704    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 April 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

No, self defense is not guilty.
Was replying to the "guilty of what" they are not denying that she killed him.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#705    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

View Postregi, on 27 April 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

I suggest that they consider their source.
Specifically re: the texts in evidence in this case, those should be viewed in their entirety. Also, people should view them for themselves because comments about them- including their very content- aren't based on accurate information.

I don't have a direct link to the texts, but they can be found with a little research.

Gosh regi - it sounds like you're calling someone a liar.  How odd.  Facts are facts. Everything else is a story about the facts.

Here's a link:  http://youtu.be/kFejwEzV-cE?t=28s - Court testimony and screen shots of verbatim text messages.  i.e. source.

No cherry picking here. You can get decent screen shots of  the spreadsheet detailing the communications, pause the clip & enlarge so you can read them yourself w/o lawyers and witness discussion.

Hey all... Just heard on the news that the jury will be sequestered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users