Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama consults with Sharpton? Huh?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,500 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

I must be overly dense then, because I don't grasp the irony here.   Feel free to explain it.

You posted something that you are actually just parroting from another site, you didn't really bother to read the article, then when you are challenged on it, attempt to feel sorry for me?

Did that sum it up?

#17    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,982 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

View Postsupervike, on 18 November 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

I must be overly dense then, because I don't grasp the irony here.  

He said it mods, not me.

Edited by Merc14, 18 November 2012 - 01:13 AM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#18    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,500 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Fair point, I'll give you that one....lol

#19    F3SS

F3SS

Her name is Jodi :)

• 7,876 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

It doesn't matter who he met with, it's too late. Now we get to btch about Al Sharpton. I'm too tired ATM but hope to join in later.

#20    Socio

Socio

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

So Obama first meets with Union leaders about the fiscal cliff;   http://blogs.voanews.com/breaking-news/2012/11/13/obama-meets-with-labor-leaders-on-us-fiscal-cliff/

Next he meets with civil rights leaders on the fiscal cliff?

I am thinking that neither was about the fiscal cliff it was more like “hey I am about to broker a deal with congress over the fiscal cliff, you helped me get elected what do you want out of the deal?”

#21    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,402 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

too uppity?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#22    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

“But resist, we much… we must… and we will much… about… that… be committed.”– Al Sharpton, August 9, 2011

#23    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 17 November 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

Whites are now the MINORITY in the USA .

Where did you hear that? The internet?

I'm a French Model...lol

#24    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

View PostDan, on 24 November 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

Where did you hear that? The internet?

I'm a French Model...lol

I heard that too but not from the internet.  Fortune 500 companies do marketing models and forcasts and statistics.  White is becoming the minority. Its all about selling to the majority and white men are about on equal footing now with the black segment.  White  boomers are getting old and dying off. The generations of the future will be more diverse than ever. The report I read said Hispanic was strong hold and white influence has fallen below the influence the black markets.  

The powerful influence of capitalism and marketing is a double edged sword for the white male's power .

#25    DarkHunter

DarkHunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

Where is all this white minority stuff coming from.

According to the CIA fact book white people make up 79.96%, black people make up 12.85%, asian people make up 4.43% and native americans make up 0.97%.  The CIA fact book does not include a separate listing for hispanic which according to the CIA fact book makes up about 15.1% of the population.

The United States Census Bureau has white people at 78.1%, black people at 13.1%, asian people at 5.0%, native americans at 1.2%, native hawaiian and other pacific islanders at 0.2% hispanics or latinos at 16.7% and white non-hispanic at 63.4%.  

Where ever this white minority stuff is coming from is apparently not from a factual source of information.

#26    F3SS

F3SS

Her name is Jodi :)

• 7,876 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostDarkHunter, on 24 November 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

According to the CIA fact book white people make up 79.96%, black people make up 12.85%, asian people make up 4.43% and native americans make up 0.97%.  The CIA fact book does not include a separate listing for hispanic which according to the CIA fact book makes up about 15.1% of the population.

The United States Census Bureau has white people at 78.1%, black people at 13.1%, asian people at 5.0%, native americans at 1.2%, native hawaiian and other pacific islanders at 0.2% hispanics or latinos at 16.7% and white non-hispanic at 63.4%.  

Where ever this white minority stuff is coming from is apparently not from a factual source of information.
You know I've been thinking the same thing. Last I remember seeing whites were still way ahead in population. I guess since Obama the white majority is now the minority. You see nothing spoken in liberal makes a lot of sense and is always full of contradictions.

#27    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostDarkHunter, on 24 November 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

The marketing studies I referred to were based on current TRENDS and the mixing of races and family cultures and included things such as a person may say "I am white" just because he is more ethnically white but family background includes several races just as Obama IS Irish too! That 63% white and not Hispanic in CIA figures include the MIXED.  The trends were projected 30 years into the future and included reproductive statistics of each family culture.  White, black and other groups intermarry more than the Hispanics so they concluded marketing should be aimed toward them and that's why you see Spanish as a second US language with products.

The US is supposed to be the melting pot of cultures.  We should all be called  Americans...not white, black, rich  or poor, male, female ...and all treated equally as Americans!

It's sad that when we got a "black" president all the prejudices came back to get more attention in the media than trying to get the branches of government to work together for solutions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users