Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Moon is a Spaceship?

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#136    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

View Postuprize, on 18 October 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

Come on, you REALLY think that???
The US military spends like $1 trillion a year and you say they can't afford to go back to the moon?
What would it cost? A few hundred million $$? Thats nothing in the total scheme of things.
Not to mention NASA have launched spacecraft to go explore other parts of space, so obviously they have money.

The entire Apollo program cost more than 25 billion dollars.  in 2009 they estimated the cost for the same program in 2005 dollars to be 170 billion dollars.  As of 2010 it would have cost 18 billion dollars for just one landing.  The 2012 NASA budget was just over 18 billion dollars total.

http://en.wikipedia....am#Program_cost

The military may have a trillion dollars in their budget but since NASA is not part of the military, they have no access to those funds.  It would take the politicians in Washington allocating more money in the federal budget for NASA to get more money.

So yes I believe it is lack of funding and the numbers back me up.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#137    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,271 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 18 October 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

I love the Far Side. Do you not love the Floyd?

Posted Image

The Floyd? As in Pink?

Its the only Floyd Mr Google will give me...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#138    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

How I miss these greats ! Segan,Clark,Newton,Popeye . This is how and why we are who we are ! We tend to pick up a few tid-bits from the Greats.
Right? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#139    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,587 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

If they had'nt switched the base lights off when the Apollo craft orbited, the secret would have been revealed.The Truth is out there. (Fox Mulder)

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#140    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 18 October 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

The entire Apollo program cost more than 25 billion dollars.  in 2009 they estimated the cost for the same program in 2005 dollars to be 170 billion dollars.  As of 2010 it would have cost 18 billion dollars for just one landing.  The 2012 NASA budget was just over 18 billion dollars total.

http://en.wikipedia....am#Program_cost

The military may have a trillion dollars in their budget but since NASA is not part of the military, they have no access to those funds.  It would take the politicians in Washington allocating more money in the federal budget for NASA to get more money.

So yes I believe it is lack of funding and the numbers back me up.

That would be true.  It is, and has been lack of funding:  not because the money isn't available.   It's because the right people don't want to explore space!

#141    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostMID, on 18 October 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

That would be true.  It is, and has been lack of funding:  not because the money isn't available.   It's because the right people don't want to explore space!
ITs time to vote ! but the Future is not on the agenda of either Party ! Only Greed !

#142    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostMID, on 18 October 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

I'm not at all sure that such exploration hasn't been going on all along, although it they may not be by the "right" people.

#143    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Post747400, on 17 October 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

does that mean that he need have no knowledge of what he wrote? A lot of the most knowledgeable people use the medium of fiction, and a lot of fiction writers know more about the subject than many "experts". see also Arthur C. Clarke.

You take my comment the wrong way, i don't dissagree that he was clever & a great writer but don't you think...."He is more than likely the most knowledgeable person that ever lived" is over egging it somewhat.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#144    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

"In an Oct. 24, 1954, article in American Weekly, Oberth said, “I think that they (UFOs) possibly are manned by intelligent observers who are members of a race that may have been investigating our earth for centuries.”

http://www.google.co...mnJzq8xIuBag8Yg

All he's doing here is stating openly what many people already knew at that point.

#145    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

If the Moon is a space ship then were the mother ship,and ITs about time to set Sail to all points Younder !

#146    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Well, if the Moon is a spaceship then either they did a nice job of parking it, or it's been parked for a helluva long time.
Our Moon is in "tidal lock" and that takes more time than man has been around to happen.
No wonder it's covered with dust.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#147    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 17 October 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Yes, but then I have come across statements and theories similar to these from time to time.  This idea that some moons were artificial rather than natural satellites does seem to have been in vogue even in the 1950s and 1960s with Carl Sagan and others.

"The moon’s mean density is 3.34 gm/cm3 (3.34 times an equal volume of water) whereas the Earth’s is 5.5. What does this mean? In 1962, NASA scientist Dr. Gordon MacDonald stated, "If the astronomical data are reduced, it is found that the data require that the interior of the moon is more like a hollow than a homogeneous sphere." Nobel chemist Dr. Harold Urey suggested the moon’s reduced density is because of large areas inside the moon where is "simply a cavity." MIT’s Dr. Sean C. Solomon wrote, "the Lunar Orbiter experiments vastly improved our knowledge of the moon’s gravitational field . . . indicating the frightening possibility that the moon might be hollow." In Carl Sagan’s treatise, Intelligent Life in the Universe, the famous astronomer stated, "A natural satellite cannot be a hollow object."

http://www.google.co...Knvx1YCcNDIkQ6Q
Heh, Mars (3.94 g/cm3) must be hollow too, and Venus (5.2 g/cm3) must be "slightly hollow" as well...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#148    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

OMG !

#149    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 October 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

I'm not at all sure that such exploration hasn't been going on all along, although it they may not be by the "right" people.

We're talking about space exploration.  That...has only ever been done, and shall only ever be done, by the right people...

#150    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 20 October 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Heh, Mars (3.94 g/cm3) must be hollow too, and Venus (5.2 g/cm3) must be "slightly hollow" as well...

Why not?  The earth is hollow too after all...

:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users