Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

My husband and I are done

couples arguing

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1    moosehead

moosehead

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• IS there happiness out there for me?

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

I will be leaving next wk. My husband and I have done nothing but fight since about 2 mts after our marriage. ALL OVER DOGS. MY DOGS. Have 3 and one is 20 yrs old and blind. Now I had 4 when we met. He does not want the dogs in the house. He should have mentioned that from the beginning. But he didn't and seemed all was well. I have always been an animal lover and I stood my ground. He should have been honest with me. I did give one away. And the 20 yr old will not be with me much longer. The other is an Australian Shep. I rescued her from euthanism. She had heart worm and only weighed 23 lbs. Her pic is on my profile.
I divorced my first husband back in the 80's and NEVER wanted to remarry. However, this happened to be a man I had actually went to school with. I left here and was gone for 33 yrs. When  I returned we met up and then married.
I can see his point too but I am not willing to get rid of my dogs. He is not worth it. So...I have all my stuff packed and now am just waiting to leave  after the Labor Day wkend. Do not want to travel moving then.
I thought this marriage would be for the rest of my life. But I have always said nothing lasts forever.
I hate it has come to this but during these 2 yrs I have also endured 3 surgeries. And he had one too. Things have been against us from the start. I think we could have maybe worked it out but we both are stubborn. This is his 4th marriage. Hmmmm. That should have been a red flag for me! And we rushed in to it too.
I will not miss the arguing or him. I have already gone thru the crying, being down all the time, etc. I am going back home and already have a job lined up so I will be ok. AND WILL HAVE MY DOGS HOWEVER AND WHENEVER I WANT THEM IN MY HOUSE. Never thought it would end this way but I have just had enough. Last night he said "I wish they would all die". He can be mean and I think 2 yrs is enough. Few more days and I will be gone out of this place and back home where I belong. I will be much happier. I don't think I have ever seen this man smile or laugh. You have to have some fun in life and show it. I'm just done. And now I wish I could leave before the holiday. But I just don't have things ready yet. Loose ends to tie up and all.
I know some of you will feel the same about animals as he does. But he actually shot my A Shep w a bb gun. Close range too. He is just mean sometimes. Oh well. Another chapter about to begin in my life. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I am northern bound.

Happiness illudes me. Each day is a struggle.

#2    TSS

TSS

Observer

• 5,674 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

Good luck to you....life's short enough without wasting time on people like him. He shot your dog with a BB gun? I'd have shot him back moments before leaving for good..

Good luck with the next chapter in your life :tu:

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#3    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

i agree with you, he sounds like an ass. he should of told u he didn't like dogs or want them in the house. cant believe he shot the dog with a bb gun, if i was next door i would of called rspca. hope you and your dogs have a happy life

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#4    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,925 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

That BB gun shooting is a serious red flag.  There is no chance he is redeemable imo.  He knew you had dogs and loved dogs when he "fell in love" with you - making that a bone of contention speaks to him wanting his "ideal" of a woman, not the woman you are specifically.  I am usually one for keeping lovers together through thick and thin but like I said, he used a gun on something you love - don't look back.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#5    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 28 August 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

That BB gun shooting is a serious red flag.  There is no chance he is redeemable imo.  He knew you had dogs and loved dogs when he "fell in love" with you - making that a bone of contention speaks to him wanting his "ideal" of a woman, not the woman you are specifically.  I am usually one for keeping lovers together through thick and thin but like I said, he used a gun on something you love - don't look back.

This is my exact feelings. I'd put someone in hospital for doing that to any of my pets. That's animal abuse.

I hope you have a lovely life wihtout him, don't need *******s getting you down. :tsu:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#6    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,443 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

POPULAR

Abusers frequently attempt to control and dominate their spouses via animal cruelty. The next step would have been physical abuse directed at you. Getting out is the smartest thing anyone can do. Best wishes for a much better life without such a person.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#7    greywolf

greywolf

Psychic Spy

• 1,042 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hey Moosehead,
i know where your coming from.my wife and i have rescued 4 abused animals over the last 18 years and we had our first two puppies for 16 years.they passed away 56 days apart.they were raised together since they were puppies and i think they wanted to be together in heaven.we have two more rescued dogs now and they are my kids.never give up your babies for anyone. god gave them to us to love and take care of and they give us unconditional love in return. good luck to you and let us know how things are coming along. :cat:

Edited by greywolf, 29 August 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#8    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,300 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

View Postmoosehead, on 28 August 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

This is his 4th marriage. Hmmmm. That should have been a red flag for me! And we rushed in to it too.

It sounds like the marriage is broken beyond repair.   Good luck with your new life.  I couldn't handle someone who shot at dogs either.  No justification for that one.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

I'm sorry that you are so sad but maybe when you move you can put him behind you.

He should of said something before you married him about this, he knew you had the dogs.  I can't believe he would stoop so low as to shoot your dog with a BB gun.  I would of been afraid I would be next.

Being married 5 times is a lot and would make you wonder about someone.  When you fall in love though we often don't see the down side of things too well.  Its those darn love goggles.

#10    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,643 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

I`ve had many dogs over much of my life, but there are health  problems. I had one poodle that peed all over the place and made my daugther sick. I sold him at my garage  sale, cage and all. Some people can`nt stand living with animals. man has fought for thousand of years to get away from the animal kingdom, now we bring the whole animal  kingdom into the house:) If I were you I would consider cutting down or just spend the rest of your life alone only with only the animals.

#11    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,012 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 29 August 2012 - 03:03 AM, said:

I`ve had many dogs over much of my life, but there are health  problems. I had one poodle that peed all over the place and made my daugther sick. I sold him at my garage  sale, cage and all. Some people can`nt stand living with animals. man has fought for thousand of years to get away from the animal kingdom, now we bring the whole animal  kingdom into the house:) If I were you I would consider cutting down or just spend the rest of your life alone only with only the animals.

I can see where you're coming from, health issues and all. But she (Moosehead) pretty much has a good excuse for leaving, specifically since the man shot one of the dogs with a BB gun without reasonable provocation. There really is no excuse for that.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#12    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

Shooting a pet with a bb gun..?....hmmmm..sleeping with the fishes comes to mind for this gent..

#13    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

Find someone who shares your passion for rescuing animals. :yes:

#14    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

What a ******...

#15    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,420 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Owning 9 dogs myself, I completely understand how you feel; they're always treated as family. I hope you have a great life ahead :tu:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users