Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NSA’s collecting of records is likely unconst

questionmark

A federal judge in Washington said Monday that the government’s widespread collection of telephone records of millions of Americans is likely unconstitutional.

U.S. District Judge Richard J. Leon found that the lawsuit by activist Larry Klayman, the founder of Freedom Watch, has “demonstrated a substantial likelihood of success” on the basis of Fourth Amendment privacy protections against unreasonable searches.

Leon granted Klayman’s request for a preliminary injunction that temporarily blocks the controversial program, but he stayed the action pending a government appeal in recognition of the “significant national security interests at stake in this case and the novelty of the constitutional issues.”

Read more

• Like 1

When has that ever stopped them?

No need to stop them, a slap in the face now and then is good enough. Keeps them from thinking that they own the place.

Patriot Act will do the trick

You just know that the eventual outcome will be in their favour,they will keep appealing until they get the right court.

A federal judge in Washington said Monday that the government’s widespread collection of telephone records of millions of Americans is likely unconstitutional.

I didn't need a judge to tell me that.

• Like 5

Now how do we make sure they actually stop? because they are going to say they did and wont.

They wont stop. Haven't you heard man, the Terrorists could be anywhere! We must give up our freedoms so that the Terrorists can't hate us for them!

• Like 5

Tyranny is generally never truly lawful.

It's justified under pretense after pretense.

That's why it's called tyranny.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

U.S. judge upholds NSA phone surveillance program.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A federal judge ruled that a National Security Agency program that collects records of millions of Americans' phone calls is lawful, calling it a "counter-punch" to terrorism that does not violate Americans' privacy rights.

Friday's decision by U.S. District Judge William Pauley in Manhattan dismissed a lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union challenging the program, whose existence was first disclosed by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.

i had no doubts whatsoever that it'll end up like that.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

With rulings like this I feel safer everday from some terrorist who hates me because I'm free and prosperous.

• Like 2

U.S. judge upholds NSA phone surveillance program.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A federal judge ruled that a National Security Agency program that collects records of millions of Americans' phone calls is lawful, calling it a "counter-punch" to terrorism that does not violate Americans' privacy rights.

Friday's decision by U.S. District Judge William Pauley in Manhattan dismissed a lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union challenging the program, whose existence was first disclosed by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.

i had no doubts whatsoever that it'll end up like that.

Nor did I. It's another example of the complete corruption of the federal judiciary at the altar of the GWOT. :td:

I think its obvious that the spying program has nothing to do with terrorism and everything to do with protecting the global corporate elites system of a debt-based society. The so-called threat is you and me challenging what they have built for themselves. What they built by corrupting democracy and regulating just about everything economical to benefit their business while stomping out competition.

• Like 5