Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Spooky Britain

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,707 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Just in case you run out of day-trip destination ideas..........(If you're visiting #7, take the Rolvenden road until you come to Tile Kiln Hill, take a left up the lane and knock on the first farmhouse door you come to. I'll put the kettle on.)....Mind the dogs!

http://www.express.c...pookiest-places

Edited by ealdwita, 23 August 2013 - 01:18 PM.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,866 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

View Postealdwita, on 23 August 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Just in case you run out of day-trip destination ideas..........(If you're visiting #7, take the Rolvenden road until you come to Tile Kiln Hill, take a left up the lane and knock on the first farmhouse door you come to. I'll put the kettle on.)....Mind the dogs!

http://www.express.c...pookiest-places
very interesting, disappointing that York is not there.

Are there ghosts in your home Eald?

#3    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,707 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 23 August 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

very interesting, disappointing that York is not there.

Are there ghosts in your home Eald?

http://www.unexplain...topic=183869

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#4    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Should I ever return to Britain, I'll certainly look these up!

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#5    SeanJPD

SeanJPD

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• Probably just the wind.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Good list, haven't been to any of these places but I am bookmarking the list.

-Sean

#6    shadowlark

shadowlark

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

I've been to the Tower of London and didn't feel particularly spooked by anything while there.

I've also been to Chillingham Castle, where we stayed overnight. When we first got there in the middle of the afternoon, we went for a walk in the woods. It was a beautiful, bright sunny day around 3:00PM. We were following the path when came around a small bend and I stopped. I couldn't make myself keep going. Hubby was like "What's wrong?" and I just said something bad was there. He gave me a "you're on crack" kind of look, but I insisted we go back the way we came. We went on the ghost walk that night which followed the same path through the woods. Got to the same spot and the tour guide said that it was the only area of the castle and ground that he didn't like and had never felt comfortable there. Turns out, when they were laying the plumbing for the castle in the 80s they found a mass grave in that spot. I guess they used to hang the Scottish that would come over to fight in the woods (but not from the neck where it would be a relatively quick death, around their stomach where they would be left to hang in midair and die a slow death). Anyway, there was a mass grave right at the spot I'd had my freakout during the day. Hubby was like "How did you know?" and all I could say was that I felt something, didn't know what at the time, but *something* was there...

#7    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,812 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

I visited Pendle Hill in 2010. Beautiful area! Absolutely loved it. Nothing spooky about it. Anything Most Haunted do is for the drama.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#8    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Poltergeist

• 3,241 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

I am interested in the Bolton Strid, a harmless looking creek that has killed several people who tried to cross it. There are deep underground caves below the surface.

http://www.yorkshire....com/strid.html

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users