Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Nepal offers bounty for man-eating leopard

nepal man-eating leopard

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,385 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 04 November 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

It's certainly a magnificent creature.  It's sad that it has a bounty on it's head.  I understand the fear but if I lived in an area with predatory animals I wouldn't let my 4 year old (or any age child or loved one) out of my site... ever.  I would also carry a weapon, even if it's just a large stick and vinegar.

Uh... that is Napal. Some children have no shoes and often play or gather stuff in the nearby forrest without incident.

#17    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

View Postpallidin, on 05 November 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

Uh... that is Napal. Some children have no shoes and often play or gather stuff in the nearby forrest without incident.

It would just take one incident for me to become over protective and not let my children out of my site.  Especially a 4 year old.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#18    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,385 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 05 November 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

It would just take one incident for me to become over protective and not let my children out of my site.  Especially a 4 year old.

"Life" in third-world countries just don't work that way.

#19    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

View Postpallidin, on 05 November 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

"Life" in third-world countries just don't work that way.

I'm sure there are lots of moms in the area that are doing just what I said I would do.  Why wouldn't they?  

My initial comment was mostly about the 4 yr old that was killed, admittedly, there are no details but I was simply stating, in that situation, my children would not ever be outside without me and a weapon.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#20    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

View Postsergeantflynn, on 04 November 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

That`s a good point . It never hits the Headlines when someone in India is eaten by a Great White Shark.............
Nah. You may be missing the point. Wild animals need territory too. We shouldn't kill them for doing what comes natural. Build a fence to stop leopards, or buy a  shark shield like I have when I go diving. Don't just kill them all the time. Simplistic and stupid. Hell, catch it and send it to a zoo. In the numbers game they are more important..

#21    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 1,781 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Often animals that prey on humans are old, crippled or otherwise unable to capture their normal prey. We are slow, don't have fangs or claws, so we make easy prey to a starving predator.

Also tagged with nepal, man-eating leopard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users