Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#106    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,012 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 04 April 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

[ spoiler ]  Write your juicy spoiler here [ spoiler / ]   << This with no spaces to give...

Spoiler

:)
Thanks Queen :st
Spoiler

Edited by The New Richard Nixon, 04 April 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#107    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,258 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

MRS EMMA PEEL ! AWESOME !
I hope she becomes at least a semi regular member of the cast .
And Natalie Dormer has definately had a nose job .From last season to this one looks like .

Miss me?

#108    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,468 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 09 April 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

MRS EMMA PEEL ! AWESOME !
I hope she becomes at least a semi regular member of the cast .
And Natalie Dormer has definately had a nose job .From last season to this one looks like .

Wow, I had no idea that was Diana Rigg!!  How cool is that.  I loved how she played it and it was one of many high points, acting-wise, of this episode.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#109    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,879 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Wow, each episode seems like it's only 20 minutes.  Even taking into consideration how fast-paced the story is, I checked the length of time to the end of episode thinking "wow, halfway through and it's still gripping me".  Only to find out that there was only 7 minutes left.  I really enjoyed this episode.  It pushed the story along nicely.  And I'll probably be labelled a traitor to those who are fans of the book, but several elements of the story were pushed forward a lot quicker (and therefore more dramatically) because of the choices of the scriptwriters.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#110    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,468 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 09 April 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Wow, each episode seems like it's only 20 minutes.  Even taking into consideration how fast-paced the story is, I checked the length of time to the end of episode thinking "wow, halfway through and it's still gripping me".  Only to find out that there was only 7 minutes left.  I really enjoyed this episode.  It pushed the story along nicely.  And I'll probably be labelled a traitor to those who are fans of the book, but several elements of the story were pushed forward a lot quicker (and therefore more dramatically) because of the choices of the scriptwriters.

I had the same feeling.  They really need to make these episodes 1.5 hours long or have 3 of the 10 as two hour shows as there are so many "main characters" separated by so much distance that you barely have time to get into the scene and they flicker off to another place.  Regardless, a good episode that I watched twice.

The acting was superb throughout:
-  The Margaery Tyrell character played her part really well, shifting from the old hand at court skullduggery while with her grandmother to the simple minded "I'm just a silly woman" facade to calm down the psychopath she is betrothed to.
-  Speaking of the Tyrells, Diana Rigg playing Lady Olenna Redwyne was the star of the show.  Lord Oaf.  LOL.  Her description of how her husband road his horse off a cliff while hawking was priceless.
- Sansa in the same scene nailed it as well and her mother had an awesome scene with the new daughter-in- law.
- The introduction of the Reeds was perfectly done.

Many more as well.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#111    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Yes I like how the TV version skips a lot of unnecessary parts. To be honest the book was a little too slow for me, I like getting straight to the point.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#112    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

The wait between each episode is dragging on and on..

I much preferred having 2 seasons to watch in one week, to get up to speed on everything.

Posted Image

#113    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,675 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

I missed tonight's episode, unfortunately.

:P I'll have to watch it tomorrow.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#114    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

My bro-in-law says the Theon storyline wasn't even in book 3. Wonder what's up with that, especially considering there seems to be more than enough going on besides adding a storyline.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#115    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,258 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

Ohhhhh,I cannot believe what happened to __________. And that __________ gave away _________:) .
That last scene ,I just sais holy **** .

I rewound it twice ,to make sure I saw what I thought I saw.

Miss me?

#116    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 15 April 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Ohhhhh,I cannot believe what happened to __________. And that __________ gave away _________ :) .
That last scene ,I just sais holy **** .

I rewound it twice ,to make sure I saw what I thought I saw.
Spoiler

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#117    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,468 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostChewiesArmy, on 16 April 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#118    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,468 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

This was a great episode with so many excellent moments.  The group walking into the council room and Tyrion doing the chair thing was great theater.   Jamie has evolved perfectly and I think that
Spoiler

This guy does a great blog on the series and adamantly refuses to read the books so he can critique the series as a television show.  Enjoy!
http://www.grantland...-the-kingslayer

Edited by Merc14, 16 April 2013 - 01:56 AM.

#119    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

View PostMerc14, on 16 April 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

This was a great episode with so many excellent moments.  The group walking into the council room and Tyrion doing the chair thing was great theater.   Jamie has evolved perfectly and I think that
Spoiler

This guy does a great blog on the series and adamantly refuses to read the books so he can critique the series as a television show.  Enjoy!
http://www.grantland...-the-kingslayer
Is it true that there is no Theon storyline in book 3?

Tyrion with the chair was hilarious!

I want to read the books...but then I don't. I did read the 1st one.

Edited by ChewiesArmy, 16 April 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#120    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,468 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostChewiesArmy, on 16 April 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

Is it true that there is no Theon storyline in book 3?

Tyrion with the chair was hilarious!

I want to read the books...but then I don't. I did read the 1st one.

Get a kindle and read the books, it doesn't take anything away from the TV series as it is a great creation on its own merits.   I just watched that whole chair scene again and the acting is priceless.  Not a word spoken but volumes communicated.  I don't know how many takes that took but I'd love to watch the behind the scenes footage.  Dinklage's last little chair squeak at the end probably took 10 takes.

Edited by Merc14, 16 April 2013 - 04:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users