Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

3D printing replaces 75% of man's skull

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    kajiwara

kajiwara

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:47 AM

http://singularityhu...rcent-of-skull/

That is just one of the medical uses ive seen come from 3D printing..amazing

Edited by Still Waters, 18 June 2013 - 09:31 PM.
Fixed broken source link

#2    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,636 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

your link didnt work, atleast for me.

But this is still awsome

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#3    kajiwara

kajiwara

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2868406

Weird not working for me either..this one should

#4    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

The progress of science and medicine pays off. Such a good thing.

Posted Image

#5    kajiwara

kajiwara

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

Its going to be interesting to see how much of an impact that 3d printing has.i think its very much a double edged sword.with the controversy over people printing up firearms and such.i guess it all comes down to intent same as anything else

#6    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,305 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 18 June 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

your link didnt work, atleast for me.

View Postkajiwara, on 18 June 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

Weird not working for me either..this one should
It should work now. I've fixed it.

Posted Image

#7    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

3D printing is the future. This is the "replicator" of Star Trek infamy. We will literally just make parts on the fly..

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#8    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

3D printing will have a huge impact on our lives. It's bigger than the internet.

#9    kajiwara

kajiwara

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

I agree I just wonder how long it will take to become a household item the prices for machinery and the cost to produce is still a bit high though.but the more I read about 3d printing the more it blows my mind I was reading about the urbee 2 a car prototype almost entirely made with 3d printers.it only weighs 1200 pounds is stronger than steel and they plan to drive the hybrid  prototype from san Francisco to California on only 10 gallons of gas with a 36 volt electric motor.i hope it works out gas is getting crazy

Edited by kajiwara, 19 June 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#10    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,348 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

Be interesting if we could replace every bone in our body with 3D Printing... but the bone marrow would be transplanted into the artificial bones to create blood.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#11    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,505 posts

include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 18 June 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

3D printing will have a huge impact on our lives. It's bigger than the internet.

I agree. This is the big innovation we need to take things to the next level. We have been spinning our wheels technologically for a while now. The 3D printer just opened many doors!

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#12    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,505 posts

include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

View Postkajiwara, on 19 June 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

I agree I just wonder how long it will take to become a household item the prices for machinery and the cost to produce is still a bit high though.but the more I read about 3d printing the more it blows my mind I was reading about the urbee 2 a car prototype almost entirely made with 3d printers.it only weighs 1200 pounds is stronger than steel and they plan to drive the hybrid  prototype from san Francisco to California on only 10 gallons of gas with a 36 volt electric motor.i hope it works out gas is getting crazy

You can pick one up for a few hundred bucks now. They have come down in price significantly. Of course, a home printer will be able to make something a maximum of maybe 1 ft.x 1ft. but still, thats plenty. You can make a new custom case for your phone, kitchen accessories, replace broken trim pieces in your car...anything!

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,604 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

In theory additive manufacturing can produce anything, not a home printer one can purchase today.   You can get a used one for a few hundred bucks but the quality will suck and I would be careful expecting it to even work at all out of the box.   I'm a true believer in the technology but it should be understood that with this product enormous differences in price reflect enormous differences in quality.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#14    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• "Anti-Americanism is a pure totalitarian concept. The very notion is idiotic."

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

I remember when the thought of 3D printing was of such negativity. There were so many doubting it, claiming such an idea couldn't be accomplished, and now time has proven them wrong. I'm proud to be in this era of science; it's truly remarkable.

Undated letter from J.F.K. said:

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users