Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Synchronicity

SRGhostgirl

Years ago, my brother and I lived next to each other in a small town. We were both going through divorces at around the same time and having a hard time. A woman and her two daughters lived in the same complex as us (I will call her M) M’S daughters became friends with my nieces, and she became friends with my brother and I. In fact, during this time she was a great source of inspiration to both my brother and me- once my older brother moved away, and I moved to a city of almost 200 thousand 45 minutes away, we lost touch with this most wonderful woman.

A few weeks ago- almost 14 years after losing touch with my friend, I ran into her daughter out of the blue. Of course, I asked how M is doing, etc. and gave her my phone number. She put it in her phone, we hugged and off we went.

M did not call! I was so disappointed. I thought maybe that so much time had passed, she didn’t remember me, you know the drill. Well, a week later, I run into M’s daughter again!! She had a note pad with her and said that I needed to write down my number because she forgot to save it in her phone!! She also told me her mother had put an ad out on Craigslist for me!!

M and I finally got back in touch, She moved to the same city where I live. And, wouldn’t you guess that in a city of 200 thousand….she lives right around the corner from me!! She has in the same area as me for 2 years, around the corner from me for several months, and not once have we run into each other.

Last evening, she came to my home for dinner and it was like no time had passed!!

To me, these little synchronicities are often heartwarming and bring a lot of joy to life. They are meant to be. What are your feelings about synchronicity? Do you have some interesting synchronistic happenings you would like to share?

Edited by SRGhostgirl

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRGhostgirl

• floydtheater07

Top Posters In This Topic

I love stories like this. There are definitely some interesting stories about synchronicity out there, although I can't think of any off the top of my head. Unfortunately, I can't recall any that happened to me, either.

Hi Floyd:

Thanks for your reply. I feel that synchronicity in life is a spiritual experience, a sign that not everything is within our control and that things happen for a reason. Some things are meant to be, some are not. For example, I tried relentlessly to hook up with two childhood friends some years back. Even thought we got back in touch, staying in touch and sharing that old bond did not work out. It was like too much time had passed and we no longer had anything in common!! But, with M, it's like we just saw each other yesterday- even though our lives went down separate paths for 13 years, it's like we were still friends all along.

I hope you are able to recall those special synchronicities in your life to share here. What about others- what are your thoughts and stories on this topic?