Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fox ordered Geraldo Rivera’s mic cut

Ashotep

A new report says that Fox News President Roger Ailes ordered the Fox News control room to cut host Geraldo Rivera’s mic just two days before November’s election because he was defending President Barack Obama against the network’s “misinformation” about terrorist attacks in Benghazi.

Fox News chief ordered Geraldo Rivera’s mic cut for defending Obama on Benghazi: report

Doesn't surprise me that fox would do this.

• Like 3

Each MSM source has their own agenda they wanna push. You literally can't rely on just ONE to even tell you the truth without putting their own spin on it.

Just another example of how the two party system has divided America...

• Like 4

I cant trust any news station. I cant even trust if what this person claims fox did is even true.

I think this is how most people are feeling now in days.

On a brighter note this is why i like UM becuse any news article that comes here will get analysied and picked apart like a mofo from every side

• Like 4

Misinformation forms too many peoples opinions and not that many will look at different sources. All they care about is if they are reflecting their views and many times the truth gets left behind.

• Like 3

Not sure I believe this story. When I clicked on the link, a pop-up came up with an offer to win lunch with Obama.

• Like 3

Not sure I believe this story. When I clicked on the link, a pop-up came up with an offer to win lunch with Obama.

Exactly. Everyone has an agenda, who can be trusted :no:

• Like 1

Geraldo is still working?

LOL, I had to laugh at that. I too, thought his career had ended.... with Al Capone's vault.

• Like 3

LOL, I had to laugh at that. I too, thought his career had ended.... with Al Capone's vault.

Sad really. Geraldo's career seems to be a micro cosm of the entire state of journalism today.

I can remember, as a kid, watching his 'investigative' reports on 20/20. I seriously wanted to be an investigative reporter after that.

But, Geraldo (and the whole of Journalism) seem to really get off the road to real News and landed somewhere between sensationalism and entertainment.

To be honest, we are all much worse off for it.

• Like 2

Sad really. Geraldo's career seems to be a micro cosm of the entire state of journalism today.

I can remember, as a kid, watching his 'investigative' reports on 20/20. I seriously wanted to be an investigative reporter after that.

But, Geraldo (and the whole of Journalism) seem to really get off the road to real News and landed somewhere between sensationalism and entertainment.

To be honest, we are all much worse off for it.

We are much worse off for it. I wonder if there is any real investigative journalism anymore. Never know if what you are hearing is the truth or someones fantasy.
  • Like 1

" fair and balanced " Is it ok to say that i like Link TV's Democracy Now program .. and their War and Peace Report ? .. i recommend it , anyone have some negative comments about the shows? .. to keep things fair and balanced.. hehe

Whether Fox did this or not, Geraldo is their employee and should follow their rules.

When he has his own network he can say all he wishes. Until then he should be expected to follow guidelines.

There is always the option of him webcasting his own material if allowed by the terms of his contract. Using their platform requires honoring their rules.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Whether Fox did this or not, Geraldo is their employee and should follow their rules.

When he has his own network he can say all he wishes. Until then he should be expected to follow guidelines.

There is always the option of him webcasting his own material if allowed by the terms of his contract. Using their platform requires honoring their rules.

What about Journalistic Integrity? He is a Journalist and was employed to be a journalist, it is his job to present the truth and expose what is not true, that's why people watch the news to be informed of the facts. Okay, I know how ridiculous that sounds in relation to today's news networks but let's not join their bandwagon of "we have the right to report according to our particular CEOs preferred bias and still call ourselves a news network" it just is not so and it is our right to expect them to report the facts of events and be called out if they are lying to us.

• Like 3

Sorry libstaK, that is so high school.

I understand your general overall view of a return to actual journalism but why ignore his contract?

Being a rebel should take place in an independent forum, not on the company clock, but then one wouldn't be a rebel in that case but authentic to themselves.

Unfortunately there is a need for independent forums but they exist and there is honesty and integrity but one must search.

I trust NPR for my news. A few voices online also hold non-polarized views but they won't be discussing politics for the most part.

Politics have always been tainted. We cannot define ourselves by that and then claim we are tainted. Does one cut the yard and claim their dirtiness is them or does one simply shower?

Geraldo has chosen to cut the yard and can't simply shower before the job is done.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

I find I have to watch Fox News and others in order to get all sides to a story.

• Like 2

Sorry libstaK, that is so high school.

I understand your general overall view of a return to actual journalism but why ignore his contract?

Being a rebel should take place in an independent forum, not on the company clock, but then one wouldn't be a rebel in that case but authentic to themselves.

Unfortunately there is a need for independent forums but they exist and there is honesty and integrity but one must search.

I trust NPR for my news. A few voices online also hold non-polarized views but they won't be discussing politics for the most part.

Politics have always been tainted. We cannot define ourselves by that and then claim we are tainted. Does one cut the yard and claim their dirtiness is them or does one simply shower?

Geraldo has chosen to cut the yard and can't simply shower before the job is done.

There's nothing "high school" about having standards and a robust morality. The fact that corporations can and do find new and innovative way to "contract" their employees into selling their favorite brand of bs does not mean we just say "okay, fine that's the way it is", we don't need to be complicit in their agenda by silently shrugging our shoulders at it.

• Like 3

From the article:

Update (11:50 a.m. ET): An unidentified Fox News “spokesperson” told Mediaite’s Andrew Kirell that Ailes never ordered Rivera’s mic cut, but another Fox News exec made a call to “urge the show to move on because the segment had come to its conclusion.” In a tweet, Rivera also denied that anyone cut his mic.

• Like 3

If the mic wasn't cut then they didn't investigate the story very well.

If the mic wasn't cut then they didn't investigate the story very well.

Which should surprise no one. The fact that they published without ever asking Rivera speaks volumes.

• Like 2