Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fox ordered Geraldo Rivera’s mic cut

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

A new report says that Fox News President Roger Ailes ordered the Fox News control room to cut host Geraldo Rivera’s mic just two days before November’s election because he was defending President Barack Obama against the network’s “misinformation” about terrorist attacks in Benghazi.

Fox News chief ordered Geraldo Rivera’s mic cut for defending Obama on Benghazi: report

Doesn't surprise me that fox would do this.

#2    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Each MSM source has their own agenda they wanna push. You literally can't rely on just ONE to even tell you the truth without putting their own spin on it.
Just another example of how the two party system has divided America...

#3    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,143 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

I cant trust any news station. I cant even trust if what this person claims fox did is even true.
I think this is how most people are feeling now in days.

On a brighter note this is why i like UM becuse any news article that comes here will get analysied and picked apart like a mofo from every side

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

I know a lot of people don't like Alex Jones, but pay attention to what Amber Lyon says. This pretty much tells you how mainstream media operates...

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=QJUyNCNfs4k

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Misinformation forms too many peoples opinions and not that many will look at different sources.  All they care about is if they are reflecting their views and many times the truth gets left behind.

#6    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,043 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Geraldo is still working?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#7    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 3,914 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Not sure I believe this story.    When I clicked on the link, a pop-up came up with an offer to win lunch with Obama.

#8    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,143 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostMyles, on 06 May 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Not sure I believe this story. When I clicked on the link, a pop-up came up with an offer to win lunch with Obama.

Exactly. Everyone has an agenda, who can be trusted  :no:

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#9    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 6,960 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 06 May 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Geraldo is still working?
LOL, I had to laugh at that. I too, thought his career had ended.... with Al Capone's vault.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#10    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,221 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 06 May 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

LOL, I had to laugh at that. I too, thought his career had ended.... with Al Capone's vault.

Sad really.  Geraldo's career seems to be a micro cosm of the entire state of journalism today.

I can remember, as a kid, watching his 'investigative' reports on 20/20.  I seriously wanted to be an investigative reporter after that.

But, Geraldo (and the whole of Journalism) seem to really get off the road to real News and landed somewhere between sensationalism and entertainment.

To be honest, we are all much worse off for it.

#11    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

View Postsupervike, on 06 May 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

Sad really.  Geraldo's career seems to be a micro cosm of the entire state of journalism today.

I can remember, as a kid, watching his 'investigative' reports on 20/20.  I seriously wanted to be an investigative reporter after that.

But, Geraldo (and the whole of Journalism) seem to really get off the road to real News and landed somewhere between sensationalism and entertainment.

To be honest, we are all much worse off for it.
We are much worse off for it.  I wonder if there is any real investigative journalism anymore.  Never know if what you are hearing is the truth or someones fantasy.

#12    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,428 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

" fair and balanced "         Is it ok to say that i like Link TV's  Democracy Now   program .. and their   War and Peace Report ?    .. i recommend it , anyone have some negative comments about the shows?   .. to keep things fair and balanced..  hehe

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#13    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

Whether Fox did this or not, Geraldo is their employee and should follow their rules.

When he has his own network he can say all he wishes. Until then he should be expected to follow guidelines.

There is always the option of him webcasting his own material if allowed by the terms of his contract. Using their platform requires honoring their rules.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 07 May 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#14    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,969 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 07 May 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

Whether Fox did this or not, Geraldo is their employee and should follow their rules.

When he has his own network he can say all he wishes. Until then he should be expected to follow guidelines.

There is always the option of him webcasting his own material if allowed by the terms of his contract. Using their platform requires honoring their rules.
What about Journalistic Integrity?  He is a Journalist and was employed to be a journalist, it is his job to present the truth and expose what is not true, that's why people watch the news to be informed of the facts.  Okay, I know how ridiculous that sounds in relation to today's news networks but let's not join their bandwagon of "we have the right to report according to our particular CEOs preferred bias and still call ourselves a news network" it just is not so and it is our right to expect them to report the facts of events and be called out if they are lying to us.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#15    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

Sorry libstaK, that is so high school.

I understand your general overall view of a return to actual journalism but why ignore his contract?

Being a rebel should take place in an independent forum, not on the company clock, but then one wouldn't be a rebel in that case but authentic to themselves.

Unfortunately there is a need for independent forums but they exist and there is honesty and integrity but one must search.

I trust NPR for my news. A few voices online also hold non-polarized views but they won't be discussing politics for the most part.

Politics have always been tainted. We cannot define ourselves by that and then claim we are tainted. Does one cut the yard and claim their dirtiness is them or does one simply shower?

Geraldo has chosen to cut the yard and can't simply shower before the job is done.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 07 May 2013 - 02:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users