Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does everyone find love?

ag55

Hi All,

I was just thinking of this today and wanted to get your thoughts.

They say everyone has soul-mates, twin flames or someone they are meant to be with. However, how does that explain people who end up alone indefinitely? Do they have opportunities which they just pass or for some people does the opportunity never arise? If it doesn't arise, then surely that will question our purpose and many spiritual theories that exist? Also does this mean some of us only get one chance in life?

Would like to hear your opinions.

A

• Like 2

Even people who've found the person they're meant to be with end up alone sometimes. I know for myself anyways I have no interest in anyone else and fall along the passing up of opportunities route now.

I think it depends on the person being open to allowing themselves to love.

• Like 3

Yes, I believe everyone does find love. There are some, perhaps many, however, who do not recognise it when they find it, or do not/cannot return it, or lose it in some other way.

• Like 3

Love is a gift that, as AT says, we must be open to. Then we have to be fortunate enough to meet someone with that same radical openness. Even then, it doesn't always "work out" as one wishes or expects, and down that road may be much sadness and loneliness.

• Like 2

I'm an exceptionally cynical person so take that for what it is.

I don't understand love, it's not something I've ever experienced or felt the want to. From where I see of the world love looks like someone wanting another person to help fulfill them, rather than finding the fulfillment in themselves.

I'm told it's this wonderful thing and makes the world worth it and all that. But maybe I'm just so arrogant that I don't want anyone else in my life that way. It seems like an ideal that I can't buy into

• Like 2

I think everyone has the potential to find love, But its not the be all and end all of life. If you find it great, If not, Find something else to do.

I don't buy into the whole soul mates thing, The worlds a big place, Where do you go about starting to find your "soulmate" and what are the chances they happen to live 2 minutes down the road? I've known couples who claim to be soulmates, Nice thought but actually you happen to be 2 people from the same town that happen to like each other a lot.

Not saying that soul mates don't exist,I wouldn't know, But I don't think its as common as people would have you believe.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 2

In my experience, Buckminster Fuller has the best analogy.

"love is metaphysical gravity"

I've never found it, nor sought it. But I sure fell into it naturally.

I'm an exceptionally cynical person so take that for what it is.

I don't understand love, it's not something I've ever experienced or felt the want to. From where I see of the world love looks like someone wanting another person to help fulfill them, rather than finding the fulfillment in themselves.

I'm told it's this wonderful thing and makes the world worth it and all that. But maybe I'm just so arrogant that I don't want anyone else in my life that way. It seems like an ideal that I can't buy into

Thank you for saying this because this is pretty much how I feel too.

I too never understood this "love" thing..as in the romantic type. I am one of those that likes being alone and I really do not want my life to be intertwined with that of another. I am not looking for love and I really do not think it is something that can be "sought" after but rather developed if both parties are compatible and open to the idea.

I mean, I love my parents and my cat as they are my family but this whole soul mates thing and being in love and all..it just never seemed appealing at all to me.

I do not think you are arrogant at all, Scheming. I think you have a very level-headed view of it.

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder if some people just don't feel love, loyalty or even want to be with just one person so they end up alone.

• Like 1

I found my soulmate and she turned me down after five years.

This is the only person after ten years I can remember her name.

If your good enough when Christ returns you will get a second chance due wing the t.thousand years of peace.

Edited by danielost

Sometimes I wonder if some people just don't feel love, loyalty or even want to be with just one person so they end up alone.

I'm sure that can be the case for SOME but not all.

Of course our society does have this propensity to label anyone who doesn't act like the rest of the herd as being mentally ill or psychopathic.

• Like 1

My hopeless romantic self says yes. My intellectual self says no not every one finds love. There are a any number of reasons people don't find love from disability or mental health or just bad luck and it just didn't happen. I think if you want love you kind of have to get out and look for it. If you don't by the lottery ticket you won't win the lottery. At this point in my life I am not looking, I don't have the energy for a relationship. Relationships can be a lot of work.

• Like 6

Not so much find it... as become aware of it.

• Like 2

I believed once long ago!!!

But now I do not believe in love at all...

romance is dead. Love is dead.

But i can write both dark poetry and fake love poems to make money

I play both sides to get what I want. In the end I don't care if it's real

as long as I can get the idea to do my bidding

Love is really a state of being.. in am in love with the idea of making lots of money

but writing and producing things that p*** of the normal mortals..

lol ad then feel great about it!!

the world is so boring and mundane... get a job, go to school, get married, be work hard raise kids.

Screw all that I will do what I wish, drink booze, make money, have fun, and not worry.

99 problems and having a wife is not one lol ...

but yeah love.... i will never understand it...

don't want to now.. im far to self empowered and vain to care now..

Some people think they've found it,and realise that they haven't thats why the divorce rate is so high.

The short answer: Some people do, some people don't.

And, this doesn't appear to be based on physical attractiveness/money/personality etc. From what I've observed it appears to be straight out luck.

• Like 1

Have to agree with Lilly. Love is out there and no matter how much some people try, they unfortunately don't find it.

I mean, a person that you might had a relationship with, may live in another country, another town/city or right down the corner. But some people might need a certain amount of luck to meet him/her.

But that doesn't mean that love cannot exist. Of course it's there as well the person who'll love you more than anyone. But it's all about the circumstance (you and him/her being in the right place at the right time) and the connection you two will have together.

PS. I don't believe in love at first sight. These things are for teenagers, who watch a lot of movies.

Edited by FollowTheTrail

Yeah, I in the chorus here. I don't think everyone, in fact, a very few, find that 'one', that soul mate. For those few, Heck, alright! Now, for me, I believe you can 'fall in love' with your best friend. I think that a lot of people have done that, myself including.

But the thing is, I think for 'true love' to happen, is to love yourself. I think your own person is your soul mate, and when that happens, then other soul mates 'appear'.

And I agree, love is hard work, and loving yourself is just as hard.

Coming from someone deeply in love, I hope every person does find it sooner rather than later. Cheers.

• Like 1

Some people think they've found it,and realise that they haven't thats why the divorce rate is so high.

but why do most get remarried to the same person.

People are attracted to similar traits in their lives, after getting to know someone those traits may be muddled out by other aspects.

after leaving that person you find someone new who has the traits you were initially attracted to the first time around, however since this person isn't someone you know as well the other aspects haven't come to the surface yet.

There is a very similar topic in the "Spirituality-Religion" board, and I wrote a pretty similar post there. No, I don't think I believe in the concept of soul-mate / match-created-in-heaven etc. Yes, some relationships work out for a whole lifetime -- but that doesn't mean it was because they were soul mates. Some relationships don't work out -- doesn't mean you can't look for a better one because that was your one and only love..

I am a passionate believer in love, but not in soul-mate-type concept.