Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

The Amityville horror: Boy breaks silence

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,353 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

You said........... How does someone go systematically through a home, shooting everyone, and no one wakes up?

I'm saying that someone, being Ronnie DeFeo, was high. He was a known drug user.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#17    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 01 April 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

You said........... How does someone go systematically through a home, shooting everyone, and no one wakes up?

I'm saying that someone, being Ronnie DeFeo, was high. He was a known drug user.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. Yes, Defeo was a known drug addict.

#18    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostKowalski, on 01 April 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

I just finished watching "My Amityville Horror" on my Kindle. You can order it from Amazon and watch on your Kindle. There are other places you can watch it also. Check out: http://www.amityvillemovie.com/

It was very interesting, I thought. Danny Lutz doesn't try and convince you of his story, he just tells it.
He pretty much puts the blame for all the activity on George, his step dad. They did NOT have a good relationship. Danny can hardly hide his hostility when he talks about George. A cousin, who was interviewed said George was NOT a nice guy. You had to walk on eggshells when you were around him because the slightest thing would set him off. Lorraine Warren said the same thing.
Danny talks about when his mother and siblings first moved in with George before moving to Amityville, that on George's bookshelf were really weird books about mind control, pyschokinesis, demons, and occult related books. He even asked his mom, Kathy, you move your family in with this guy and you don't know what he is into??
Then, there was a part where Laura DiDio is talking to Danny, and she talks about how George became more violent after moving in the house, beating the kids. Danny replies, well that happened about 50 times afterwards, and before we moved there.
Danny also says that the "energy" in the house seemed to feed off all the negative things that happened. The more they fought, the more the activity seemed to escalate. Danny is really bitter though about the way his parents came out in public about their story, and what that put him and his siblings through. He said I'd be in school, and the teacher would be, "I saw the movie last night on TV, did *insert whatever they are wondering about* REALLY HAPPEN?" He said I wanted to "punch their ********* face in."
Danny ended up running away at a young age to escape his homelife with George, and he said he may have been poor and homeless, but he was happy for the first time in his life.
I really think that whatever energy was still left over from the Amityville Murders was attracted to George, and George and the dyfunction of the family may have fed on that negative energy. Maybe George was involved in some heavy duty dark stuff, because one parapyschologist they talked to, said he had recently with the permission of the Cromarty family who own the house now, went there with a pyschic and took tons of photographs. The pyschic felt that ALOT of dark magic had taken place in the home. (Note: This investigation took place in 1977, not recently. My oops!) Did George mess around with stuff that he had no idea about?

I rewatched it again because I can only have the rental for 48 hours. It really is a very good documentary, and if your interested in the Amityville story, I would encourage you to watch this. Danny also tells a interesting  about George moving objects with his mind...

Edited by Kowalski, 01 April 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#19    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,353 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostKowalski, on 01 April 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. Yes, Defeo was a known drug addict.

No worries. Glad we're back on the same page, but yes I also wonder how no one woke that night either nor did the neighbours hear anything.

#20    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Check this out: http://seattletimes....ityville08.html

Christopher Lutz (Daniel Lutz's younger brother) has talked about his experiences in the house.

Now 37 and living in Scottsdale, Ariz., Quaratino maintains the haunting was not a hoax. But he insists his stepfather at the time, George Lutz, brought the troubles on himself by dabbling in the occult and then amplified what paranormal incidents did occur to profit off books and movies about the house.
"He's a professional showman, in my opinion," Quaratino said of Lutz, whom he said he clashed with many times before leaving home at 16. "I just feel as though we're being exploited."
Lutz sued his former stepson in Nevada district court in 2003 over what Quaratino said are allegations of trademark infringement and fraud relating to a future Amityville movie planned by Lutz. The case is open; a counterclaim filed by Quaratino was dismissed in January.
Lutz, 58, who lives in Las Vegas, did not return calls seeking comment. He and Kathy Lutz, who died last year, divorced in 1988.
Quaratino's brother, Daniel Lutz, did not return a call seeking comment. His sister, Melissa, could not be located.

This article was published in 2005. What I find interesting is that Daniel and Chris both claim George was involved in the occult and both say that he tried to profit from the paranormal occurances that happened.

#21    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Also of note: George is on record as saying him and Kathy were involved in transcendental meditiation. Both believed this opened a doorway for all the activity in the house. Many people think that the children, being young, mistook the chanting that goes along with this, as devil worship.

#22    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,765 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostKowalski, on 01 April 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Also of note: George is on record as saying him and Kathy were involved in transcendental meditiation. Both believed this opened a doorway for all the activity in the house. Many people think that the children, being young, mistook the chanting that goes along with this, as devil worship.

Do you think that a few strange events took place here and there, and Lutz blew them up in order to cash in on the tragic murders that took place in the house? Say that a light blinked in a weird fashion or that a door seemed to open on its own. How could boring events like that sell a book, let alone a movie? Most historical dramas are inaccurate, so it stands to reason that horror movies, supposedly based on real life, would make "Braveheart" look like a textbook.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#23    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Pretty sure this topic was posted a while ago,with other links. Search Amityville in here .

Miss me?

#24    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,353 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Different brother, different thread.

#25    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 02 April 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

Do you think that a few strange events took place here and there, and Lutz blew them up in order to cash in on the tragic murders that took place in the house? Say that a light blinked in a weird fashion or that a door seemed to open on its own. How could boring events like that sell a book, let alone a movie? Most historical dramas are inaccurate, so it stands to reason that horror movies, supposedly based on real life, would make "Braveheart" look like a textbook.

I think there was activity in the house, and George made the activity worse by messing around in the occult. The family situation was explosive, and this made the activity escalate. I also have to wonder why the Lutz'z kept doing appearances and all the publicity they did. Didn't they understand how this would affect their young children?? I mean those kids were hounded in school and all their lives by this. They CAN'T get away from it.

BTW, I did a search on the forum to see if there were any other forum threads on Amityville, and I found only one other, and it was about this documentary, also.

#26    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

There's a difference between whether you believe in DeFeo's guilt (obvious) and whether you believe in the Lutz's story.

DeFeo isn't The AmityVille Horror. The story of the Lutz family is the Amityville Horror.

Mind you, I wouldn't want Ronnie creeping up my stairs with a rifle in his hands....

#27    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,276 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Is that from the actually crime scene?

#28    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Okay, so I was reading this: http://www.prairiegh...amityville.html

Here are some of my comments:

Beneath the surface of success and happiness though, Ronald was an angry man, given to bouts of rage and violence. He and Louise often fought and he was a threatening figure to his children. As the oldest child, Butch often bore the brunt of his father's expectations and ill-temper. He was an overweight, sullen boy who was often picked on in school. His father harassed him to stand up for himself - but never at home. Ronald Sr. had no room for backtalk or disobedience.

Danny Lutz describes George in pretty much the same terms as Ronald, Sr. Others also say George had a bad temper and the slightest thing set him off. Lorraine Warren said you had to walk on eggshells around George.

Kaplan would later claim to have been suspicious of the call, and the Lutz's motives, from the very beginning. When he began asking questions, he asked what specifically had happened to the family in the house. Lutz said that he was unable to describe the phenomena but that there were demons in the house that he knew by name. When asked to name them, Lutz refused, claiming that they would appear if he mentioned their names aloud. Kaplan asked who told him that and Lutz said that he had read it in a book. He could not remember the title, he said, but it had been one of many about demonology, ghosts and psychic phenomena that he had read since buying the house on Ocean Avenue.

George most likely read about all that, BEFORE he moved to Amityville. Christopher Lutz claimed George (and Danny Lutz says this too) both said that George had numerous books on paranormal activity, and demonology books. Christopher also says that George was calling out the names of demons in the house.

More recently, author Ric Osuna has stated that George Lutz - now divorced from his wife and criticized by his former stepsons - informed him that "setting the record straight is not as important as making money off fictional sequels."

Danny Lutz said George was "so proud" of his role in Amityville. He felt that it was "his" story.

Could George have moved into the house, KNOWING it's history, and wanted to "stir" something up, that was best just left alone? Many of the experiences, it was almost like hallucinations, one minute it was there, the next minute it was gone...Could this have to do with George messing with the occult?

Edited by Kowalski, 02 April 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#29    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,765 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

Kowalski, you're probably on the right track. Something tragic happens in a creepy house. Someone, with knowledge and understanding of the occult, moves there. A few strange things happen. The "occult expert" exaggerates them in order to make money.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#30    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,228 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

View Poststevemagegod, on 02 April 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Is that from the actually crime scene?

Yep, but I'm not sure if it's been reversed. I think one of the bodies was actually dropped, one of the kids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users