Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Israel? Destroys Russian Yahkonts in Syria

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,067 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 14 July 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Who has hit what in Israel?
An Israeli armored car I think, the Israelis returned fire, I believe it was a battle between the rebels and government forces, but somehow some trigger happy Syrian shot at the Israelis

#17    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,101 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

Arabs do a lot of threatening and shooting guns into the air and setting off bombs to kill innocent people; the Israelites don't do so much threating and don't shoot at things without a target and bomb military installations.  My money is always on the Israelis no matter how outnumbered they may be.

#18    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 July 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Arabs do a lot of threatening and shooting guns into the air and setting off bombs to kill innocent people; the Israelites don't do so much threating and don't shoot at things without a target and bomb military installations.  My money is always on the Israelis no matter how outnumbered they may be.

Good grief Frank.. thats some beautiful stereotyping right there.

The main thing Israel has been bombing over the last decade is Palestine. You know, that occupied zone filled with native civilians who are opressed by one of the most advanced military forces o/t world.. Opressed to such an extent that they would choose to blow themselves up in pure hopelesness / revenge.

Remember the famous Syrian 'Red Line'?

Posted Image
['legitimized self defence']

Posted Image
['military targets']

Posted Image
['collateral damage']

[all pics from chemical / white phosphor attacks in.. 'not Syria']

Yessir, true HERO's, those Israeli's.

They have learned well from their molestors. Some kind of nationwide / racial Stockholm syndrome? Who knows. They perfected the crime though. Mass opression and killing of 'foreign' civilians based on an apartheid state of mind while maintaining an everlasting victimrole, continuously backed by the mighty USA. Any and all critique is blasted out of the water with the always effective and emotionally loaded "Anti Semite!" cry.

Magic, sheer magic.

Edited by Phaeton80, 14 July 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#19    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,366 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 14 July 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

So, A Syria in chaos of civil war is going to be launching an attack on Israel? Any body on this forum have any idea of reality? any idea of war? any idea of military affairs? any common sense?

And just for hell of it, on this very biased forum, a video from side of Syrian Army during operations in Al Kabune a few days ago. No gore or anything, and for those interested in such things, good film of BMP2

A-P even the run up to this revolution found Syria's regular armed forces no match for Israel and the IDF.  Not to say the ballistic missile arsenal could not have created mass death with or without chem/bio but the Armies were just mismatched.  Having said that, do you contend that a state must be unified and strong before it can start a conflict?  I never assumed Syria would do anything except burn if they tried it but these guys haven't shown themselves to be the most restrained and rational lately.  Never underestimate the power of sheer hatred.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#20    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,009 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

And more to the point; Syria launching an attack on any surrounding foreign power, while in civil war / internal turmoil, would be suicidal and completely, utterly illogical. That includes Turkey.

Absolutely ridiculous.

#21    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 14 July 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

The main thing Israel has been bombing over the last decade is Palestine. You know, that occupied zone filled with native civilians who are opressed by one of the most advanced military forces o/t world.. Opressed to such an extent that they would choose to blow themselves up in pure hopelesness / revenge.

I am reluctant to call somebody an idiot in a forum, but you are really asking for it. Do you even know what "Palestine" means? Then google it. I suppose you can do that.
Here is a hint: The Hamas-ruled Gaza strip is not "Palestine".

Sheesh. I need to take a shower.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#22    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,009 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 14 July 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

I am reluctant to call somebody an idiot in a forum, but you are really asking for it. Do you even know what "Palestine" means? Then google it. I suppose you can do that.
Here is a hint: The Hamas-ruled Gaza strip is not "Palestine".

Sheesh. I need to take a shower.

Your hubris is disconcerting.

I dont think any shower will resolve that.

#23    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 14 July 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Your hubris is disconcerting.

I dont think any shower will resolve that.

Your sheer ignorance is disconcerting.
And the shower was necessary because after reading your contribution I felt like I had been bukkakked with pure stupidity.

Now, did you find the time to inform yourself what "Palestine" means?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,101 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

Its easy to dismiss something as stereotyping; I do it too.  It is helpful, though, to actually show where there is falsehood in the stereotype instead of producing gory pictures.

#25    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

View Postand then, on 14 July 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

A-P even the run up to this revolution found Syria's regular armed forces no match for Israel and the IDF.  Not to say the ballistic missile arsenal could not have created mass death with or without chem/bio but the Armies were just mismatched.  Having said that, do you contend that a state must be unified and strong before it can start a conflict?  I never assumed Syria would do anything except burn if they tried it but these guys haven't shown themselves to be the most restrained and rational lately.  Never underestimate the power of sheer hatred.
My point was that I believe it to be incomprehensible that Syria would attack Israel at all. After failure in several major wars they are not going to try again by themselves and in a sate of civil war. Yet it seems to Israeli fan boys that Syria and assorted Arab 5 year olds are about to destroy Israel, so action must be taken to defend Israel from destruction by the mighty Syria and those devasting 5 year old warlords....

#26    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,009 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

You're a funny man, zaphod.

#27    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,067 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Why is there people talking about Palestine?

#28    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,366 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 14 July 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

My point was that I believe it to be incomprehensible that Syria would attack Israel at all. After failure in several major wars they are not going to try again by themselves and in a sate of civil war. Yet it seems to Israeli fan boys that Syria and assorted Arab 5 year olds are about to destroy Israel, so action must be taken to defend Israel from destruction by the mighty Syria and those devasting 5 year old warlords....
After 4 forays against Syrian weapons and personnel I agree that Assad has no interest in stirring up the pot.  I'm talking about the "rebels" - you know, the al qaida types?  The one commonality here is that they all hate Israel and since they seem to HAVE to be fighting someone - why not the one they all hate?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#29    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,067 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

pretty sure everyone hates Israel

#30    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postand then, on 14 July 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

After 4 forays against Syrian weapons and personnel I agree that Assad has no interest in stirring up the pot.  I'm talking about the "rebels" - you know, the al qaida types?  The one commonality here is that they all hate Israel and since they seem to HAVE to be fighting someone - why not the one they all hate?
You are less than clear about exactly who you talk about....
What has the attack on Yakhonts depot to do with rebels? Oh, of course, rebels may capture them. Well, rebels may capture anything, so why not invade Syria now, in self defence of course.....

And in that artikel, and in so much else, we are always told about Russian made this or that, but never about the American made F16 etc etc etc. This type of propoganda is ridiculous and does nothing. You can complain about Russian (Soviet) made T-72, though they were more likely Czech or Polish made, or T-62, BMP etc, yet when do we hear about the US M48, M-60, M-113 and the British Centurion or French AMX-13 and Mirage etc. See, it is ridiculous, yet you use the fact of Russian or Warsaw Pact equipment being used by Syria as some evidence of the "evil" of Russia and Putin. Why then is it okay for US and it's ridiculous poodles to supply Israel with weapons, inclucing nuclear, for I do not think for one moment that their nukes were not supplied, or at least the technology, by USA. Immoral, totaly immoral.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 14 July 2013 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users