Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British royalty dined on human flesh

Still Waters

They have long been famed for their love of lavish banquets and rich recipes. But what is less well known is that the British royals also had a taste for human flesh.

A new book on medicinal cannibalism has revealed that possibly as recently as the end of the 18th century British royalty swallowed parts of the human body.

The author adds that this was not a practice reserved for monarchs but was widespread among the well-to-do in Europe.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbie333

• BiffSplitkins

• Cryptozological Mascot

• Still Waters

lol of all people who would've thought human flesh is medicinal, surely the british :rofl:

I always thought that the royals were a bunch of parasites ....this just confirms it :)

TiP.

Oh please. The rich have always tried to be hip by eating what the poor people eat. Even if it turns out to be other people.

Duh, I don't know what to say except, only the Brit's, LOL.

Tasty, i bet the queen can't wait to snack on those enormous ear's of Alberts.

OMG, DAVID ICKE YOU SLY DOG! HE WAS RIGHT!

Kidding...Well. What ever jingles their balls. Hey whats for breakfast? oh just human fingers with some meat shavings from your grandmas thighs. Oh, ok cool bro.

This is something I'd expect from a 3rd world country with beilief's in witchcraft and all that. I don't get why people are acting like this is something the British would do without question.

I'm british and it sounds totally messed up to me. Ok I like black pudding and Haggis but thats not the same as human flesh now is it?

You see? Mankind is just a bunch of psycho's really. *yawns*

Edited by Device

I don't think most people would taste very good.

I agree, that's why royalty never ate clowns or jesters... they tasted funny. :P

I'm not sure how a whole book about this can be interesting. How many different ways can the author tell about old-time Europeople ultizing everything, wasting very little, including their own dead and the rich nutritious molds that groweth upon it? Someday will it give readers the willies to hear the shocking story of how people in our time used transplanted organs from the bodies of other people, cadaver bone for joint repair, and alla that? BTW, this revelation sounds way less horrid to me than the aforementioned black pudding and hagas. :blink:

I thought that the meat tasted strange when I was there. :blink:

I agree, that's why royalty never ate clowns or jesters... they tasted funny. :P

Niiiiiice...

A group of missionaries were captured deep in the heart of Africa by a tribe of cannibals who proceeded to boil them alive, then eat every part of them. After the monstrous feast, the cannibals complained about a stomach ache… the witch doctor asked what the missionaries looked like to which the tribe responded that they wore brown robes and had the very tops of their heads shaved.

“Oh I see the problem…” said the witch doctor. “You boiled some fryers!”

LOL! This made my day. :)

This is something I'd expect from a 3rd world country with beilief's in witchcraft and all that. I don't get why people are acting like this is something the British would do without question.

I'm british and it sounds totally messed up to me. Ok I like black pudding and Haggis but thats not the same as human flesh now is it?

LOL, Hagis is probably as bad as human flesh, LOL. We had to attempt to eat that stuff during celebrations when I was a kid. Yeccccchhhh, me no like, LOL. I would, however, like to take a bite out of Anna Kournikova !!!

Edited by Robbie333

“Oh I see the problem…” said the witch doctor. “You boiled some fryers!”

Ha, good one!

LOL! This made my day. :)

That's always been my favorite cannibal joke. :tu:

Can you imagine the chunks of meat the British Royalty got caught in their teeth way back then before modern dentistry?

"excuse me your Excellency, you have a bit of 'peasant' Smith between your teeth." :P

A group of missionaries were captured deep in the heart of Africa by a tribe of cannibals who proceeded to boil them alive, then eat every part of them. After the monstrous feast, the cannibals complained about a stomach ache… the witch doctor asked what the missionaries looked like to which the tribe responded that they wore brown robes and had the very tops of their heads shaved.

"Oh I see the problem…" said the witch doctor. "You boiled some fryers!"

[/quote

LOL, good one!!:D

Stop! Stop! You guys are killing me- :rofl: