Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scared about the paranormal

wardrich

No clue what spaked it, but I've been horribly scared about UFOS and Ghosts for like ever.... I'm 18 now and I think it's immature, but I fear nights and I swear I've seen things move and heard things before... and just recently around 12:30am every night I feel a thud... almost the same every time... I constantly get the feeling of being watched at night... I dunno, maybe I just have an overactive imagination.

-Richard-

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wardrich

• hunterkiller2001

• BurnSide

• xanubia

Haha this is not a good thing...Evil entities can sence it when youre scared, and they will try to keep you afraid and try to annoy you. So don't be afraid !! They cannot harm you in any way.

Sounds like the product of a troubled mind. Your fear will make sure you see things that aren't there. You'll be jumping at every noise and staring into every shadow if you don't learn to relax..

Remember the biggest component of anything paranormal is belief. Those of us who don't believe any of this can hurt us never anything to fear from it. It's only the lunatic fringe who are willing to swallow every story whole with no consideration that ever seem to be "Harmed." And let's face it. With that type of personality something was bound to happen to them paranormal or not...

As harsh as it sounds, the only way I can think of to get over your fears is to confront them. That means getting out of bed, turning on the lights, and finding the source of the noise.

From past experience, I will go ahead and guarantee that you will not find a goblin under the bed, you will not find a ghost in the closet, and you will not discover anything erven remotely paranormal. If it gets too scary, repeat to yourself: "There will be nothing there, and I will so be able to go back to bed."

You are convincing yourself to be afraid of something that has never been shown to exist. You need to cut it off before it gets debilitating.

true enough, it's a strange feeling, I guess scard to death was a bit extreme... more like fairly frightened... As scared as I am, I would equally like to meet one... that would decide my true feelings about ghosts... if the one I 'meet' is frendly, then w00t, ghosts are cool... and if the one I meet is a total freakshow, BAM, keep those things away from me. Of course, I'm always willing to try something twice...

-Richard-

You're forcing yourself into paranoia/dementia. Learn to stop looking for it, and to ignore any thought that it might be there, and you'll be just fine, as others said.

I struggled with this myself for years, but I finally realized the problem was I was actively seeking and expecting it to happen. I still believe in the paranormal, but I don't sit around and look for faces hiding in the dark. wink2.gif

spend a night outside without any lights on . Confrontation is the best medicine .

If you cant get yourself to do that - you can either see a shrink ( I dont recomend you see a shrink ) or just confront your fears anyway .

I always get that feeling when im seeing ghost pics at night. Try listening to some music whistling2.gif and ignore any thoughts

.:Edit:.

Ghost are attractive to loud music. Use the CD Player

Edited by Confuse

Confuse: That's my technique... but it has to be just the right type of music...

I realized today that it's an obsession... I love looking at pictures of them and hearing stories about them... (them = spirits). EVP still freaks me out a wee bit, but anyway, my obsession is a problem b/c I read/watch/listen this stuff like all day, then into the night... and it starts to get to me. Ah well. It's worth it.

btw: anybody ever played Fatal Frame (or Fatal Frame 2) before?

-Richard-

There are scientific explanations for almost everything you experience, for example the "thud" you hear every night could just be the house settling down. But remember one thing- none of this stuff, paranormal or normal, can hurt you. I agree with Wild Eyes, you encouraging are an irrational fear. Maybe its not irrational- maybe you had some sort of traumatic experiece some time ago that makes you afraid of the night. Can you think of anything?

When you start thinking about UFO's, ghosts, and all that stuff, you're eyes start to play tricks on you- you think you see things. Maybe you are actually seeing things, but I doubt it (I don't know the situation, or much else about this stuff). It's kind of like when you read a book about diseases and its symptoms and you think you have everything.....do you understand what I'm saying?

Why does everyone keep saying "it can't hurt you"? how do you know that? Maybe the person has a stalker.... though the fear projecting fearful images is most probable....just the principle, you don't know it can't hurt you.... always be prepared, carry a bat.

I carry 2 bats and a knife... can't be too safe wink2.gif naw. Now that I've read more about the subject, I feel a bit more confident.

-Richard-

quite right! confronting your fears and felling safe when scared is the key to defeating your fears.

You said you were over 18.. so I'll make my suggestion..

user posted image

The Benelli M1014 LE (top image) or a similar model shotgun.

sporting a foldable stock, this shotty can be fired from the hip, or from the shoulder for accuracy.

for ammo, go here

I recommend the rubber flats, bean bags or the pepper gas rounds for less then lethal ammo.

Chamber the 3rd and 5th round with lethal ammo.. just in case =P

personally, i have mine loaded with : First round: Beanbag (less then 10 yards) 2nd: Rubber flat 3rd: TERMINATOR devil.gif 4th Pepper gas (if they're still standing at this point.. i doubt the gas will help) 5th: TERMINATOR

thats me tho..

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I sport this weapon because I live near a really nasty neighborhood where breakins, rapes, and murders are common. Take a firearms safety course (or a few) prior to using a firearm.

This weapon, and it's loadout were designed for home defense against humans, wombats, and the odd rabid monkey. There is no guarentee it will work on anything paranormal. If the aliens come, and you shoot them.. it may have no effect. and if they probe you for it.. IT'S NOT MY FAULT! Use with caution.

Guest Lottie

Its all to do with your imagination fighting your logic. Remember that. When you get scared try to calm down and think logically and tell your imagination to behave. Once you do this its very easy to shrug off those little noises and those dark shadows that make you frightened, then you will start feeling better.

Why does everyone keep saying "it can't hurt you"?
Your imagination can't hurt you okay, there really is nothing anywhere that suggests that you have any reason to be scared of ghosts and ufo's, only the fabrication of others imaginations.

The only problem there HunterK is that I'm from Canada... and I have a good feeling those are illegal here... lol. Btw: Hunter: You a member on www.deviantart.com?

-Richard-

nope.. i have no ambitions to share my art except with friends and paying customers.

And if a personal defense gun is illegal in canada.. something is seriously wrong.

seriously wrong cause we have 85% less gun-related crimes here.

SERIOUSLY wrong.

The only problem there HunterK is that I'm from Canada... and I have a good feeling those are illegal here... lol. Btw: Hunter: You a member on www.deviantart.com?

-Richard-

Why would guns like that be illegal in canada ? Thats just dumb .

I have yet to see any kind of debunking of the argument "when guns are outlawed , only outlaws will have guns" that has any logic in it .

Because it's true..

Automatic & Burst weapons are illegal to own in the US..

Yet 68 robberies (bank and armored car) were commited with them last year.

The right to own guns has twisted from the "defend your country" notion of the past, to a self defense state of mind.

Did you know nearly 40% of all registered handgun owners are women?

I don't care how good you are with a blade, or with your hands (no offense hun)..

If someone pulls out a gun with the intent to rape you.. You don't pull out pepper spray.. You pull out a Subcompact Glock 30 loaded with .45 ACP hollowpoints.

Or a big, sharp sword. thumbsup.gif

EDIT!!!!!!

BTW.. canada had almost 314,000 violent crimes in 2002.. (based on a population of 32,507,874) population source Stat source and thats not counting robbery..

Crimes of Violence:

US: 464.6/100,000 people source

Canada: 965.5/100,000 people.. Source

Property Crimes (theft, B&E, GTA.. etc)

US: 3,624.1/100,000 people

Canada: 3,959.8/100,000 people

(same sources)

All for the year 2002

You may kill each other less.. but statistically.. your more violent.. whistling2.gif

So yes burnside.. something is seriously wrong.. cause I'm gonna dive into the criminal mind here and say... it's because our people have guns.. and will fight back if the crap hits the fan.. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Edited by hunterkiller2001

seriously wrong cause we have 85% less gun-related crimes here.

Of course Canadian Bacon and Molsons related crime is 85% higher than in the US.

It's a trade off...

That is why we have banned canadian bacon in the US, too many injuries...we just have good old ham now.

Fluffy "You can take my canadian bacon when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" Bunny.

dude...I'm the same, but im strong therefore even though im petrefied i confront it.

a gun is the WORST advice anyone could EVER give you. Think of the dangers...and secondly...how the **** are you going to shoot a ghost?

nope.. i have no ambitions to share my art except with friends and paying customers.

And if a personal defense gun is illegal in canada.. something is seriously wrong.

something else is seriously wrong when people resort to weapons in their own ****ing home with children and everything else. You could shoot anyone!..What if you kill them??.....how would you live with yourself. Something is very very wrong when people think that a gun is a GOOD thing disgust.gif

I blame Canada's guncrime on 2 big things

1)Gun licensing. If you're illegally owning a gun, it doesn't matter... all this tells you is that now less people who would potentially own a gun before, probably won't now b/c of the hassels... they're only punishing the ones who were legally pwning a gun to begin with.

2) Violent b******* comming up here from the US with there retarded nonsense violence.

-Richard-

Edited by wardrich

2) Violent b******* comming up here from the US with there retarded nonsense violence.

im sorry but i dont think you have the right to generalize like that.