Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Random Vibrations in bed

Resonance

Okay, this may sound far fetched, but here goes. Sometimes when i'm going to sleep, my girlfriend and I will be laying in bed, and the bed will start to vibrate. Not like, "OMG WTF! IT's SHAKING!"... But, it's almost like a cell phone vibrate, except it's the whole bed. My bed is a normal spring queen size mattress, with evertyhing a normal bed has. Nothing special at all. Just sometimes, i'll be laying there with my eyes open, or even closed, and the bed will vibrate for about 5 seconds, and then stop! Nothing around my bed is electronic, other than alarm clock, and it's on the night stand.

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

We'll lay there, and sometimes even 3 times throughout the night, the bed with just vibrate. For no reason!

Any ideas guys?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does your girlfriend also feel the bed shake, at the same times you do?

Do you use any drugs, i ask because I sometimes find that lying in bed after a few joints my ears ring for a moment, unpredictably but quite noticeably.... It almost feels like feedback from a microphone going to near a speaker.... In a way, i could kind of relate it to your description of the vibration but it does not feel like the entire bed is moving, just the entire of me for a short moment.

I used to worry about it but it happens less and less now..... I hope its just the smoke and not myself actually being quickly returned from an alien abduction

Okay, this may sound far fetched, but here goes. Sometimes when i'm going to sleep, my girlfriend and I will be laying in bed, and the bed will start to vibrate. Not like, "OMG WTF! IT's SHAKING!"... But, it's almost like a cell phone vibrate, except it's the whole bed. My bed is a normal spring queen size mattress, with evertyhing a normal bed has. Nothing special at all. Just sometimes, i'll be laying there with my eyes open, or even closed, and the bed will vibrate for about 5 seconds, and then stop! Nothing around my bed is electronic, other than alarm clock, and it's on the night stand.

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

We'll lay there, and sometimes even 3 times throughout the night, the bed with just vibrate. For no reason!

Any ideas guys?

There's nothing, um, else, battery operated, that may have been dropped under the mattress or something, is there?

Sorry, just a theory.

*goes*

• Like 3

Do you have a fan blowing on you two?

Do you have others living with you that might be walking somewhere in the rest of the house?

Do you live in an Apartment or House ( I should have asked this first lol)?

Um...how about any animals that could be out in the other rooms jumping around?

It could be from cars driving down the road especially semi's. My bed vibrates a lot because of this.

Do you have any plumbing running under your bedroom floor?

Do you have a computer in your room and if so, does your hard drive run hard...do you know what I mean by this??? lol

Well, I hope that gives you some ideas....

but yeah, make sure anything with batteries are turned off.... good call 747400 lol :D

Do you use any drugs, i ask because I sometimes find that lying in bed after a few joints my ears ring for a moment, unpredictably but quite noticeably.... It almost feels like feedback from a microphone going to near a speaker.... In a way, i could kind of relate it to your description of the vibration but it does not feel like the entire bed is moving, just the entire of me for a short moment.

I used to worry about it but it happens less and less now..... I hope its just the smoke and not myself actually being quickly returned from an alien abduction

I do smoke, but i know the difference between 'high' and 'ringing' ... That's a good idea though!

And to answer other questions. Yes, my gf feels it sometimes, but by the time it normally happens, she's asleep. It can't be the house either, due to, it's happened at different houses before.

**EDIT**

Also, i live in the basement, and in a 3 story outside of town, very very far away from the road. No semi's no cars, nothing. No plumbing under or near my bed, a cat, but it sleeps upstairs, no computer in my room, and a fan yes, but it's winter, and is hardly ever on.

Edited by skater69

This happens to me but I don't think it's paranormal. My bed has a metal bed frame and metal headboard and may not be fastened together tightly enough after I moved.

Sometimes placeing a pillow next to the headboard tightly will stop the vibration.

Slight movements can trigger the movement in my bed.

I was going to bring up the battery operated "apparatus" theory but 747400 beat me to it. U sure your girlfriend is really sleeping and not going through a large amount of D cells? Just kidding :)

• Like 2

I was going to bring up the battery operated "apparatus" theory but 747400 beat me to it. U sure your girlfriend is really sleeping and not going through a large amount of D cells? Just kidding :)

:rofl: LOL That would be sad. :yes:

:rofl: LOL That would be sad. :yes:

Lol, yes that would be sad. And No, she isn't.

But, thanks for the input. hehe.

Now, i've ruled out most of the ideas so far, even the 'movement of the bed'. My bed consists of a bottom box spring, and a top mattress, no bedframe, etc. And the vibration happens most of the time, when i'm just literally, laying there not moving, just breating and trying to clear my mind.

Lol, yes that would be sad. And No, she isn't.

But, thanks for the input. hehe.

Now, i've ruled out most of the ideas so far, even the 'movement of the bed'. My bed consists of a bottom box spring, and a top mattress, no bedframe, etc. And the vibration happens most of the time, when i'm just literally, laying there not moving, just breating and trying to clear my mind.

It could be your breathing shaking the bed. As you can tell, I'm a skeptic with vibrations....well, most of them. There are certain times like when there was an earthquake here in Pennsylvania back in the late 90's I think around '98 it vibrated my house. You know what I said to my sister? I looked straight at her and was like "what is dad doing now" and went back to watching tv lol. Right before that I saw him go down in our basement with a drill.

Vibrations could be caused by a lot of things. Just take a look around. Try getting off your bed and laying on the floor for a while to see if you can feel the vibrations. Maybe you're just feeling your blood pumping through your veins.

• Like 1

It could be your breathing shaking the bed. As you can tell, I'm a skeptic with vibrations....well, most of them. There are certain times like when there was an earthquake here in Pennsylvania back in the late 90's I think around '98 it vibrated my house. You know what I said to my sister? I looked straight at her and was like "what is dad doing now" and went back to watching tv lol. Right before that I saw him go down in our basement with a drill.

Vibrations could be caused by a lot of things. Just take a look around. Try getting off your bed and laying on the floor for a while to see if you can feel the vibrations. Maybe you're just feeling your blood pumping through your veins.

I completely agree with you, it 'could've' been something else. But, i've already done everything there is to check for outside sources. It's either just a weird twitch from my body, which the type of vibration suggests is pretty much impossible. Or, something else. I've asked my gf many times, "Did you feel that!?!" and most of the time she says, "No...?".. But every once and awhile she 'does' feel it. I'm thinking, it's either my mind doing it, or my body twitching somewhere under me, and making the whole bed shake.

Now when i say shake, it's not a large scale shake.. It's as if the whole bed were a vibrating phone. It only lasts about 3-4 seconds, and then is gone, but it's happened too often for me to write it off as nothing. Figured i'd ask to see if i could get anyone else with a similar story, but so far, no go. As for the input, you guys have amazing ideas, and I thank you all for your input. If any of you do come across something explaining it, or someone who has a similar story, let me know.

As for now, it's unexplainable for me, and i wish i could go into more detail, i'm on lunch at work, so i have to leave, but i'll keep posting if it happens again. The last time this happened, was about 2 months ago. It started probably about 2 years ago. Now that i think about it, it happened the first time when i was living with my gf in her moms house. I thought maybe the house was haunted, because i heard footsteps upstairs, and nobody was home, so i just went to bed, and then (Which made me freak out, and think maybe it's a ghost), the bed did the weird vibration thing.

Now, i have noticed, it does happen more often when i'm thinking about 'paranormal' or 'ghostly' things. Who knows if there's a connection. Either way, i don't believe it to be paranormal, i just hope maybe someone else has felt it before.

**EDIT**

Sorry, i just read through most of my posts, and i would like to apologize for the spelling. I'm trying to type really fast, so i can get off the forum, and do my work. (Well, not so much spelling, but putting wrong words in places they shouldn't.) :)

Edited by skater69

OK just a little more serious post than my last one. Does it feel like small electrical A/C current going through you? Not like when your arm falls asleep and the ants start crawling all over, but just a full body vibration that you think is coming from the bed?

OK just a little more serious post than my last one. Does it feel like small electrical A/C current going through you? Not like when your arm falls asleep and the ants start crawling all over, but just a full body vibration that you think is coming from the bed?

That's exactly it! It doesn't in any way feel like i'm causing it. It doesn't feel anything like any appendage falling asleep. It just feels like, if i were to lay on something vibrating like a cell phone, except it instead of lasting a while, and then stopping and coming back, it just comes, but i guess i kind of stretched the 'description' for the thread. It doesn't shake violently at all, it's more of a subtle vibrate. Almost as if there were someone shaking the bed, but not 'SHAKING', just ... GRR this is hard to explain.. lol.

A very short abrupt, vibrate. 2-4 seconds. It really varies, i guess the longest it's done it was probably 5-7 seconds or so. Seemed like, OMG it's happening again! But, of course, the only time it lasted longer than normal, my girlfriend was fast asleep. .. Grr... i'll just have to pay attention and start writing down occurances.

Edited by skater69

Perhaps she your girl friend in experiencing restless leg syndrome in her sleep and you’re the one aware of it going on…

Pavot B)

It probably might be something to do with your houses plumbing. Old pipes can have large surges of water through them infrequently as well as sewage or city pipes that go under your house. Or there are 3 dozen cats under your bed that start purring when you try to go to sleep :lol:

• Like 1

It probably might be something to do with your houses plumbing. Old pipes can have large surges of water through them infrequently as well as sewage or city pipes that go under your house. Or there are 3 dozen cats under your bed that start purring when you try to go to sleep :lol:

Yes! The cats! That's it! :)

No, it's happened at multiple houses, so i doubt it's the plumbing. Well, if it happens again, i'll post, and give more detail.

I guess it could be the beginnng of sleep paralysis. As long as there is no paranormal activity around you, then its some kind of natural vibration from outside stimuli..JN

Well being these bed shaking events have happened and mutable homes around you, I am wander where these homes are located, say as are they located in the Midwestern US in the tornado alley or along the Eastern Seacoast in Florida of around the shores of the gulf coast of the USA because if a Storm Cell was present at time of events it could be a possibly a barometric event if it dropped fast and hard, but there would need to me barometric reading taken to determine this and if not any extreme readings then dismiss that possibility…

Pavot B)

Edited by Pavot

Well being these bed shaking events have happened and mutable homes around you, I am wander where these homes are located, say as are they located in the Midwestern US in the tornado alley or along the Eastern Seacoast in Florida of around the shores of the gulf coast of the USA because if a Storm Cell was present at time of events it could be a possibly a barometric event if it dropped fast and hard, but there would need to me barometric reading taken to determine this and if not any extreme readings then dismiss that possibility…

Pavot B)

Well, to help you out there. I live in Idaho.

Yes, absolutely nothing cool, Idaho. :)

Hi Skater,

I have had that same sort of electrical-current vibrating in my body before- it's very quick and slight, and for me it was around my crown chakra. It was during a time I was meditating a lot and going through some huge spiritual spurts and growth. I don't know if it was paranormal in any sense, but my guess was that my body was simply adjusting to what was going on with me.

Are you doing a lot of spiritual work right now? Meditating?

Also, there have been times when I have waken with my bed shaking, as if I had just fallen back into myself with a bang. Those few times held no explanation as to why my bed would shake. However, what I decided was that my bed itself was not shaking, but that I was falling back into my body from a dream out of body experience. Those are FUN! Have not had this happen in a long time, though.

Edited by SRGhostgirl

Hi Skater,

I have had that same sort of electrical-current vibrating in my body before- it's very quick and slight, and for me it was around my crown chakra. It was during a time I was meditating a lot and going through some huge spiritual spurts and growth. I don't know if it was paranormal in any sense, but my guess was that my body was simply adjusting to what was going on with me.

Are you doing a lot of spiritual work right now? Meditating?

Also, there have been times when I have waken with my bed shaking, as if I had just fallen back into myself with a bang. Those few times held no explanation as to why my bed would shake. However, what I decided was that my bed itself was not shaking, but that I was falling back into my body from a dream out of body experience. Those are FUN! Have not had this happen in a long time, though.

Yes!!!! That explains it exactly! Wow..... I've been meditating a lot more, and thinking about more spiritual things. ...

• 1 month later...

Hello! This is my first post on this forum and this topic grabbed my attention. I've had this same experince since I was in Intermidiate school, and I'm 28 now. I'll be in a sleeping state and wake up to the bed vibrating...I'll move my legs and body to make sure I'm not sleeping, I'll get up and put my hand on the bed and I feel it vibrating...and no there isn't anything battery operated involved...lol It's happened at three diff houses, and on a couch.

I had a Tarot reading done three months ago and asked the lady and she said ti's my own energy, working through me. I've never tried A.P or anything like that. Sometimes I feel like I'm falling and I'll wake with a start, that doesn't happen to often.

I've had more then a few experinces with the paranormal and was afraid that an entity was doing this to my bed, I'm relieved to find that it's just me.

Thanks for Listening