Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

90-year-old letter to Santa stuck up chimney

Still Waters

A dress and a book might be a just a couple of items on a modern child's Christmas list, but it formed the total hopes of a schoolgirl from the 1920s.

A letter to Santa written by the girl, a pupil at Haberdashers Monmouth Girls' School, was found up the chimney in a bedroom there as it was being cleaned.

The letter, signed by Haly H, asks for an evening dress and a book called Tell England, first published in 1922.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-29785162

• Like 1

Awww I hope she got what she wished for despite her letter never reaching Santa. Christmas must have been so much easier and cheaper back in those days.

• Like 1

I have been emailing Santa a spread sheet with a in depth cost analysis of everything I want, which is pretty much Everything.

• Like 3

Oh I do miss the days when my Son used to do letters for Santa, Then on xmas eve we would go on the "santa tracker" website, Fun times.

• Like 2

Oh I do miss the days when my Son used to do letters for Santa, Then on xmas eve we would go on the "santa tracker" website, Fun times.

Recently I read the cutest manga (japanese comic book) that mentioned the Santa tracker and NORAD....all the characters laughed at it because of how fake it sounded. Then the author cut to NORAD HQ where several panicked American military personnel were tracking Santa while cursing that they could never capture or keep up with him. As strange as it sounds it was as cute and as charmingly heart warming as I could ever hope for in a comic.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 2

Awww I hope she got what she wished for despite her letter never reaching Santa. Christmas must have been so much easier and cheaper back in those days.

:)

*hug*

Edited by Eldorado