Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fayyad Proclaims Jerusalem Capital of 'Palest

Agent X

(IsraelNN.com) Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad proclaimed historic Jerusalem an Arab capital city in a speech given Saturday near Ramallah. Control of the city must be granted to a future PA state, he said.

"The future of the national project and the future of a comprehensive peace in the region are both dependent on protecting Jerusalem, its status, its history, and Palestinian rights in the city,” he declared.

"East Jerusalem is the capital of the Palestinian statehood and the state's sovereignty over its capital must be complete,” he added.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132685

So let this end any doubt. What this means is that they view all of Israel as a Palestinian state, and that's what they want. They will not just stop at Gaza or the West Bank.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bathory

• Agent X

• Corp

• Pseudo Intellectual

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't take the Palestinian leaders seriously anymore. I know their intentions, I know they have no interest in peace with Israel, and quite frankly, I hope Israel treats this situation the way Sri Lanka dealt with the Tamils.

I hope Israel treats this situation the way Sri Lanka dealt with the Tamils.

won't happen, the sri lankans did some monstrousthings to their own citizens to secure the victory they got. They only got away with it much in the same way the Russians get away with Chechnya, they aren't jews thus noone in the west cares about either the sri lankans or the tamils

My first reaction is, "Well, yeah." East Jerusalem has been part of the Palestinian negotiators' demands for a Two-State Solution since the Two-State Solution was ever brought up. Fayyad would have to be suicidal to not include it as part of their demands.

My second reaction is, "Nobody gives a **** about what Fayyad has to say, least of all the Palestinians themselves, who despise him". For some reason, he's become some type of hero to part of the western media, particularly Tom Friedman (who long ago left behind living among the people he is reporting on, and whose interview style now seems to consist of flying into a country for three days and interviewing the english-speaking, American- or European-educated state officials."