Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Boston Bomber" Jury Selection Monday - Fair?

j4k3

Unfair Trial ?... Or are we being to fair ?

You Decide.

boston_whos_who.gif

--The Federal Court Judge in charge of ''The Boston Bomber'' trial of 21 year old Dzokhar Tsarnaev is scheduled to go ahead with the jury selection on Monday as planned. Tsarnaev's lawyers had asked for a postponement while The Federal Appeals court figures out whether to keep the trial in Massachusetts or to move it else where fearing he may not receive a fair trial. The defense has made it known that Tsarnaev will most likely not receive a fair trial seeing the severity of the charges and the fact that he's being tried in the state where he committed the crime.

--The reasoning behind the federal judges decision was that a last minute request for postponement would excuse 1,200 potential jurors that are ready to be selected. If the request was infact granted this would have made the court jury administrator to release the already 1,200 waiting and be forced to find 1,200 more fresh jurors. The judge had made it known on the 24th of September that the trial would start January 5th so Tsarnaev's defense attorney had plenty of time to file a postponement but waited until the last minute.

--Tsarnaev faces the death penalty if convicted on the some one the sever charges he is faced with. A lengthy rap-sheet including 30 charges all together. Among them are murder, conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction resulting in death, and bombing a public place resulting in death He is accused of carrying out these attacks with his diseased brother, Tamerlan, who was killed in a shootout after leading them on a high-speed chase. Dzokhar managed to slip away and hide under a boat cover in a nearby backyard but was later caught after a helicopter hovering above caught his heat signature with a thermal cam. Officers quickly swarmed the area and apprehended Tsarnaev after being shot multiple times by police.

If you aren't familiar with this trial info here:

http://www.justice.g...33751713926.pdf

Sources:

http://www.bostonglo...rV3I/story.html

http://news.yahoo.co...-221424101.html

http://www.bostonglo...vZYJ/story.html

http://www.biography...rathon-bombings

I would like to see the evidence for and against his involvement. Innocent till proven guilty.

The only thing I find interesting about this trial is that my cousin who is a US Marshall...will be there.

The only thing I find interesting about this trial is that my cousin who is a US Marshall...will be there.

-Are you from that part of the country? And man that would be something to witness.. it's gonna be remember for a while. what happened in boston was a tragedy and i hope justice is served. although i think the trial is a bit unfair because every single juror that shows up is going to have prior knowledge of the case before they even hear the facts. And the media likes to mix things up to make them seem more interesting. Don't get me wrong though bro, i think he's guilty.. and he'll be charged

-I find all trials interesting. Don't know why just grew up on Court TV if you remember it.

I would like to see the evidence for and against his involvement. Innocent till proven guilty.

I totally agree with your statement, but have you seen the video of them walking down the street and placing the book bags right next to a huge crowds of people?... It was on camera, that's one peice of evidence that's ''forsure''. They also killed a security guard at a college campus and then the high speed chase they ended up catching them in Watertown, Mass. With the elder brother dying because they were throwing explosives out the window and firing shots recklessly. Oh that's not all.. they found explosives in the car that matched the make/model of the slowcooker(crockpot) they had used in the bombs placed by the marathon finish line and so on. Same brand, same make, same shrapnel inside of the slow cooker(bearings, nails, etc.). So there they have them on video with the backpacks that were used... and after examining the bomb that went on during the marathon they concluded that it was in fact the same slow cooker that was found inside the car that the Tsarnaev brothers were driving. You can't get a better case then that.

-Are you from that part of the country? And man that would be something to witness.. it's gonna be remember for a while. what happened in boston was a tragedy and i hope justice is served. although i think the trial is a bit unfair because every single juror that shows up is going to have prior knowledge of the case before they even hear the facts. And the media likes to mix things up to make them seem more interesting. Don't get me wrong though bro, i think he's guilty.. and he'll be charged

-I find all trials interesting. Don't know why just grew up on Court TV if you remember it.

No dude...I'm from the United State of Texas. My cuz goes everywhere...Sadaam Trials...Furgeson...Boston Bomber trial...he gets around...

No dude...I'm from the United State of Texas. My cuz goes everywhere...Sadaam Trials...Furgeson...Boston Bomber trial...he gets around...

Oh that'd be sweet to witness that many important events in history. I'd feel very lucky and humbled.

• Like 1

I say deny any delays, but move the trial out of state, due to trying to find (potentially) less bias group of jurors.

• Like 1

I say deny any delays, but move the trial out of state, due to trying to find (potentially) less bias group of jurors.

--Yeah the judge is so worried that he might have to round up another 1,200 jurors and waste his precious time, but everyone should have their fair day in court even if all the facts say they're guilty. Watch them keep the trial in Massachusetts and then Sarnaev's defense attorney will shoot for the mistrial. If they do happen to get that one approved then they will get a retrial out of state and it will drag on. I've seen it happen a lot. :lol: