Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot as gentle as a Gorilla

Devilwolf

See for yourself if you think this this justifies the gentleness of a "Bigfoot" like creature bluffing like a gorilla...

Bigfoot Aggression: Gentle Giants? Info from John Green

THIS MATERIAL COURTESY OF JOHN GREEN, author,

Sasquatch: the Apes Among Us."

Each year there are reports of people being mauled by bears, and sometimes people are killed by them. Each year there are no reports of people being mauled or killed by sasquatches.

Out of a total of 1,600 reports there are seven reported fatalities, and even if all were true, that would hardly be the record of a dangerous animal. Reports of injuries are even rarer than reports of killings. One black eye and a few bruises and scratches make up the entire list.

Towards domestic animals, sasquatches have reportedly been somewhat more violent. One in Oregon is said to have torn apart two hounds, and there are several similar reports in northern California. Dogs have been reported killed in Missouri, Michigan, Indiana, and New Jersey. One such story from a hound hunter in Willow Creek, California, says two of his dogs were ripped in two when they chased a shadowy thing that left huge footprints near the campfire. It should be kept in mind that the sasquatch can hardly be considered the aggressor if he turns on animals that are pursuing and harassing him. There are other stories of dogs being mysteriously killed by something that struck them a heavy blow without leaving claw marks.

Another form of activity that could be considered as aggression is chasing people, whether on foot, horseback, bicycle, or in a vechicle. People on foot have reported being chased on 17 occasions, mainly in British Columbia and Washington. There are also five reports in which the person was rushed at but did not flee, and in each case the animal called the whole thing off, so it may well be that nothing more than a bluff was involved in any of the incidents. That seems even more likely when one considers that by no means all of the 17 chasees had any secure place to run to, yet none was overtaken. The two people chased on bicycles presumably could also have been caught, and also the one on horseback, if the witnesses who have estimated sasquatch sprinting speed have been anywhere near correct. People in vehicles, or should it be vehicles containing people, were chased on eight occasions. Cars have been shaken or hit six times and jumped on five times, and there have been three apparent attacks on occupied buildings. There are also ten reports of sasquatches throwing things at people, rocks on eight occasions and other objects twice. In the only instance when anyone reported being hit by a rock, but not hurt, the sasquatch was not reported seen until afterwards.

There are three stories of truckers being grabbed in the cabs of their trucks while they were sleeping, but they suffered nothing worse than being pulled out on the ground, and a similar report involving a man sleeping in the back of a pickup truck. There are also a couple of people who tell of being knocked down in sudden encounters, but when someone is in physical contact with a thing as powerful as a sasquatch and ends up horizontal but unhurt, that is evidence not of aggressive intent but of deliberate restraint.

The most interesting story is about a young woman who wasn't just picked up, but was thrown, landing on the seat of her jeans in a patch of thistles. She had just climbed between the strands of a barbed wire fence, when she was grabbed and thrown back over the fence. Between the distance she was thrown and the scrambling she did before regaining her feet, she was perhaps 10 or 15 yards from the fence. She didn't get a good look as it happened so fast, but reported that it was something big and hairy with a terrible odor.

Three fishermen were out on a lake in the mountains southeast of Portland, when a seven-foot creature "like a bear on its hind legs, hairy but almost human," circled a member of their party who was asleep on the shore.

(from researcher Keith Soesbe)

A man making coffee early in the morning, saw a sasquatch come out of the trees and look in at his companion, who was still asleep in their station wagon. The man yelled, and it left.

(from researcher Keith Soesbe)

Everyone tends to begin with the idea that such a creature would be very dangerous, but the more one learns the more obvious it becomes that if there is such an animal, then like its cousin the gorilla it must be basically a gentle giant. The gentle gorilla, however, does put on a good bluff at times, and the sasquatch apparently does the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.beckjord.com/bigfoot/jgreeninfo.html

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tia

• mr_halo

• ninj

• Devilwolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, Sasquatches have benn known to throw rocks at people, and there are a few reports of people being chased by them, but overall they seem gentle.

Gentle?

Go to your local Zoo, hop into the Gorilla enclosure and give the Silverback a BIG HUG!

See what happens.

Nice knowing you tongue.gif

I didn't say they were going to be gentle if you crowded them

Gentle?

Go to your local Zoo, hop into the Gorilla enclosure and give the Silverback a BIG HUG!

See what happens.

Nice knowing you  tongue.gif

348041[/snapback]

Was there any need to be so darn sarcastic, i have whitnessed a number of big foots, and my goodness they were the nicest animals ive ever met. One of them picked me a flower disgust.gif

Bigfoot is a silverback? I thought Its species and even origin were to be undetermined, some sort of primate perhaps.

Well, I found the piece very interesting and would hear more.

Well I don't know if you'd want to go up and hug a big foot but I do know that many cultures on the northwest coast of canada have them in there stories. here is a picture of a mask of a Dzunukwa (wildwoman). The creature is said to be very big ,hairy and is also said to take children so.....

Well I don't know if you'd want to go up and hug a big foot but I do know that many cultures on the northwest coast of canada have them in there stories. here is a picture of a mask of a Dzunukwa (wildwoman). The creature is said to be very big ,hairy and is also said to take children so.....

post-11486-1099923056.jpg

Well on the northwest coast of canada I know that they have a creature called a dzunukwa(wildwoman) that's discription fits a bigfoot and it is said to take children so...Here is a picture of a mask of one that I have done of the creature.

post-11486-1099923662.jpg

sorry for the mess up post I tried to edit it but I was unable to. so if a admin could delete it . thanks

Edited by ninj

Each year there are reports of people being mauled by bears, and sometimes people are killed by them. Each year there are no reports of people being mauled or killed by sasquatches.

So the reasoning for a bigfoot being gentil, are because there are no reports of them attacking? How about we find proof of a sasquach before we make this claim? And do you know why this guy compares bigfoot to a gorilla, and not a bear?

Gentle?

See what happens.

Nice knowing you  tongue.gif

348041[/snapback]

Was there any need to be so darn sarcastic, i have witnessed a number of big foots, and my goodness they were the nicest animals ive ever met. One of them picked me a flower disgust.gif

348109[/snapback]

Including the one your witnessed in the Willard Library?

Are you serious about the bigfoot picking you a flower?

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

are gorillas really that gentle?

surely they could kil a person with great ease....

especially around mating time...

i imagine there aren't many sasquatch attacks due to the fact that these creatures hide and are very secretive...

cool.gif

Male gorillas have 9 times more strength than a male human. w00t.gif

There was one report(from one of my books)of a sasquatch that killed someone.I'll look for it and tell the story.It is a very interesting story...

If we're to assume Bigfoot is an undiscovered species of greater ape, like I do, then there probably won't be that big a difference between its behavour, and theirs.

Very few of the greater apes (besides humans) tend to be very violent to humans or each other without good reason...fights between them tend to involve "displaying", which involves running around, shaking branches, throwing stones at each other (or invading people), and making a great deal of noise. It's almost unheard of, for example, for two competing males to actually attack each other during their competition.

Although, obviously, it varies from animal to animal, bigfoot is likely to follow a similar pattern...it's more likely to howl and scream at you, maybe throw a few stones or shake branches, and at most chase you, than it is to charge at you and tear you limb from limb.

I remember Jane Goodall recounted a story when she and her husband Hugo were filming some chimps, they managed to catch the group in a bad mood, and the chimps charged at them. They started running, but Hugo got his foot caught in some vines....when the chimps caught up with him, they stopped a few feet away, gave a few threatening hoots, and walked away tongue.gif

It mainly seems to be when a person or animal gets in sasquatches/ yowies face that there is a violent outcome.

Rock throwing has also been reported quite a few times in yowie encounters.

You know, the throwing stones thing interests me....

As Sera mentioned earlier, apes have been known to display, both at each other and intruders, rather than actually attacking each other....this is almost unique in the animal kingdom, as most animals will fight to determine who gets the territory or the mating rights, etc.

Bigfoot has been recorded as mirroring this behavior...in fact, there are a lot of sightings that report what might be a display, not unlike that of a chimp or a gorilla. To me, this gives a bit of strength to the Bigfoot story, as I believe it's far more likely there's an undiscovered species of ape out there than there is a missing link of some sort.

Sassies and yowies are also known to build stick formations.

On a recent yowie search the guys stated they found a termite mound ( I think ) and in it was a stick, which looked like it had been used to get stuff out of the mound.

A very ape like thing to do. original.gif

On a recent yowie search the guys stated they found a termite mound ( I think ) and in it was a stick, which looked like it had been used to get stuff out of the mound.

A very ape like thing to do.  original.gif

359079[/snapback]

yes i saw a program where primates used sticks to get bugs out of trees, maybe all bigfoot sightings are just a form of ape that has yet to be discovered in the U.S

who knows...

cool.gif

A very ape like thing to do.  original.gif

359079[/snapback]

yes i saw a program where primates used sticks to get bugs out of trees, maybe all bigfoot sightings are just a form of ape that has yet to be discovered in the U.S

who knows...

cool.gif

359177[/snapback]

Hopefully in Canada first tongue.gifgrin2.gif

I think the idea of it being a species of greater ape makes a whole lot more sense than the mystical jargen I hear all the time about it...especially given the various behaviour similarities I keep hearing about.

A very ape like thing to do.

Chimps do this...although they usually use small stems of grass to "fish" for termites, they've also been known to smash up large mounds, or even beehives, with sticks to get at the interior tongue.gif (apparantly, they're completely indifferent to bee stings huh.gif)

Ape is the most logical theory...compared to the "species of alien", which always cark me up.

Ape is the most logical theory...compared to the "species of alien", which always cark me up.

359841[/snapback]

I've heard that a few times as well, bigfoot arrived in an ufo and has esp. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

what's a yowie?

360846[/snapback]

i think it sort of the austrailian version of bigfoot...

cool.gif