Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing images and avatars

Saru

While the server was being fixed up over the last few days a band of gremlins with pitchforks managed to sneak in through the back and made off with some of our recently uploaded image data, sadly this means that we've lost a couple of pages worth of photographs from the forum gallery as well as a small number of member profile photographs and avatars.

Fortunately the uploading features are all working again so if your avatar or profile picture is missing then please feel free to update it, if you posted any images to our gallery recently you might need to re-upload those as well if they are missing.

Apologies once again for any inconvenience the server issues this week may have caused.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Space Commander Travis

• tcgram

• skyflash

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While the server was being fixed up over the last few days a band of gremlins with pitchforks managed to sneak in through the back and made off with some of our recently uploaded image data, sadly this means that we've lost a couple of pages worth of photographs from the forum gallery as well as a small number of member profile photographs and avatars.

Fortunately the uploading features are all working again so if your avatar or profile picture is missing then please feel free to update it, if you posted any images to our gallery recently you might need to re-upload those as well if they are missing.

Apologies once again for any inconvenience the server issues this week may have caused.

Kinda gave life a new and weird little twist, good to shake us up from time to time anyhow.

post-58664-127360735607_thumb.jpg

Good to know we're all better now though.

I've noticed it seems to say " in the quote in my sig, which I don't think I've fiddled with lately, but apart form that I don't seem to have any complaints. I shall be the first to know, though, if I have.

I've noticed it seems to say " in the quote in my sig, which I don't think I've fiddled with lately, but apart form that I don't seem to have any complaints. I shall be the first to know, though, if I have.

Your signature is displaying fine for me, do you see the broken tags every time it is displayed ( this thread for instance ) or does it happen only in specific threads ? Also, what browser are you using ?

I seem to have rectified it now. I hadn't noticed it before, but it may have been something I'd done, I suppose.

cool bananas, i wondered why my avatar went walkies. all fixed now tho. cheers

I've just noticed that Blog BANNER images are missing? Whether they are customisable per member running a blog or whether there is a global Blog Banner image, I don't know or whether it is my browser (I doubt that though).

Just thought I'd let you know. Seems like the little "gremlins with pitchforks" have made off with those as well.

Please ignore if this is already mentioned elsewhere or if is just me :blush:

Cheers

My avatar went walkies too. Nice to see it fixed though.

With the things happening over a few days, would that be the reason why I tried to access the site and my computer said it could not find ther server?

I've just noticed that Blog BANNER images are missing?

Thanks for the heads up, that's the banners fixed now.

With the things happening over a few days, would that be the reason why I tried to access the site and my computer said it could not find ther server?

Yes the server would have been inaccessable for some people for a few hours on Monday.

Pseudo i've moved your question to the Help and Support Desk here as its a separate support issue.

I was kind of wondering where my pics and avatar had disappeared to.... phew that's a relief, thought that UM had decided to clear me out :huh:

Come to think of it...... :cry:

Thanks for letting us know what happened Saru. :tu:

I was wondering myself what was going on...thank you so much for updating us!!! :)

Awesome! Good to know, thank you for the notification Saru. My avy made a disappearing act too, not to long after I uploaded it. Lol. There was a brief moment when I thought I was going senile, because I was starting to doubt that I had ever uploaded the damn thing.

Edited by Purifier