Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Word Is Authenticity

libertyworld

I recently told a friend:

This race has now come down to this:

Authenticity.

McCain / Palin have it in spades. It is self evident.

Obama / Biden do not. Also self evident.

Embarassing even, it's so bad.

The Most Revered High Priest of Spineless Emptiness actually makes the Clintons look authentic.

The boy in a man suit is a caricature of immaturity, dishonesty and petty narcissism.

Palin and McCain are a class act.

The phony punks are not.

Period.

Edited by libertyworld

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• libertyworld

• HKCavalier

• Startraveler

The boy in a man suit is a caricature of immaturity, dishonesty and petty narcissism.

The phony punks are not.

You want to say "uppity" so bad don't you?

LOL McCain is Authentic? I guess you COULD think that if you just look at it on the surface try digging a little deeper, you may be surprised...

You are so delusional. They're slimy politicians. Don't you get it. Not one of those four is a class act.

McCain is a hot-headed, rich senator who is using every smear tactic in the book to win the election.

Palin is a religious nut who jumped to power because of one man's pick and is now playing a helpless victim to get votes.

Obama is a another rich, elitest senator who is a great speaker and is easily manipulating the masses.

Biden is... not really a central issue... poor Biden...

Biden is... not really a central issue... poor Biden...

Let me assist: Biden is a plagiarist who calls upon wheelchair-bound gentlemen to stand.

Let me assist: Biden is a plagiarist who calls upon wheelchair-bound gentlemen to stand.

I heard about that. I bet he's majorly p***ed with his staff. But seriously, I was mocking the fact that because of Palin, he's been completely ignored.

.. try to forget about the two hijacked parties, coke or pepsi

and make your vote count...

please vote 3rd party if you want real change.

.. true, it may appear difficult for the coming years

yet,

this is the consequence of the failed two party system that has been run by criminals for years now...

.. look to the future...

yet,

this is the consequence of the failed two party system that has been run by criminals for years now...

.. look to the future...

I don't know about third party. But everyone in office needs to go.

yet,

.. look to the future...

For that to happen you'd have to change the entire election system. The current one favors few but big parties and is not likely to change.

No matter how you want to turn it voting third party is just taking a vote away from whichever of the two main candidates you otherwise would have agreed most with.

No matter how you want to turn it voting third party is just taking a vote away from whichever of the two main candidates you otherwise would have agreed most with.

I used to think that way. But I just can't vote lesser of two evils anymore. The only way anything will ever change is for people to stop thinking that way. My vote will be for someome who I truly support.

I used to think that way. But I just can't vote lesser of two evils anymore. The only way anything will ever change is for people to stop thinking that way. My vote will be for someome who I truly support.

If we vote them out of office enough times they will start listening or do away with the voting process. Which some of them want to do now.

It's not just in the way people think it's because of a system where winner takes all. To say that it's in the way people think is to assume that a majority of those who vote democrat or republican are tired of their candidates. I don't believe that to be the case. In politics the biggest parties will usually be those closest to the middle and t would make sense that the presidents are from those as well. When you have a winner takes all system you get that the big parties in the middle will be the only parties that have a chance.

"Vote them all out" just constitutes too much of throwing out the good with the bad.

Too simplistic.

Better, I think to get behind those who represent real change and reform, and right now that is the republican ticket. Imagine that.

McCain and Palin are both at least as willing to go after the badness within their own party as Obama and biden are not.

Palin has about 75% approval among democrats in Alaska in part for just that reason.

McCain has disappointed many a republican, (me included) but his record and plans regarding just earmarks is more than enough to earn real respect.

Ending earmarks is alone nothing short of revolutionary at this point.

They (earmarks) are at the heart of what is wrong with the current system.

Interesting isn't it, that those running on hope and change are those most against it and those perceived as old fashioned are the real hope and change.

I'm sure some here will disagree, but even a casual study of the facts of record confirms it.

Edited by libertyworld

Poor Biden... feeling so outclassed by a female governor he starts asking wheelchair-bound men to stand up just so he can get back in the news :lol:

I'm sure he'll eventually find a nice speech to plagiarize and then he'll get to resign from the race and allow Barack to ask Hilary to join the ticket.

Edited by IamsSon

I recently told a friend:

This race has now come down to this:

Authenticity.

McCain / Palin have it in spades. It is self evident.

Obama / Biden do not. Also self evident.

Embarassing even, it's so bad.

The Most Revered High Priest of Spineless Emptiness actually makes the Clintons look authentic.

The phony punks are not.

Period.

This after McCain accused Obama of wanting to institutionalize pedophilia and Palin's thanks (for the cash) but no thanks to the bridge to nowhere (but not until it became a national joke)? After denigrating volunteer spirit and ignoring the last 20 years of Obama's public service (much the way McCain ignores everything he himself has done--and not done--since he was a POW 40 years ago)? After lying about Obama's tax plan and coming to agree with every major foreign policy issue McCain used to criticize Obama for? Your ability to eschew reality and logic seemly knows no bounds, libertyworld.

This after McCain accused Obama of wanting to institutionalize pedophilia and Palin's thanks (for the cash) but no thanks to the bridge to nowhere (but not until it became a national joke)? After denigrating volunteer spirit and ignoring the last 20 years of Obama's public service (much the way McCain ignores everything he himself has done--and not done--since he was a POW 40 years ago)? After lying about Obama's tax plan and coming to agree with every major foreign policy issue McCain used to criticize Obama for? Your ability to eschew reality and logic seemly knows no bounds, libertyworld.

20 years of Obama's public service?!

Oh my GAAAWWWWD.

The word for him is self service, to put it very mildly.

And you say my take knows no bounds...

Thanks for chiming in though.

Keeps it interesting.

Are those the same 20 years he was attending a church which subscribes to and preaches Black Liberation Theology? I wonder, since it seems, from what he's asking us to believe (that he never knew Pastor Wright was teaching this), if he must have somehow slept through all 20 years of sermons if he was actually awake during the times he was supposedly providing public service.

Edited by IamsSon

Are those the same 20 years he was attending a church which subscribes to and preaches Black Liberation Theology? I wonder, since it seems, from what he's asking us to believe (that he never knew Pastor Wright was teaching this), if he must have somehow slept through all 20 years of sermons if he was actually awake during the times he was supposedly providing public service.

He went to church twice a month so maybe he's telling the truth. Let's face it, the man has wanted to be president for years. He went to the church for political power in Chicago and as Giuliani pointed out last night, voted present on many different votes in the senate. He's been setting himself up to be president so I don't take his connections to Wright very seriously.

Hear-hear! Send a msg. Vote for who you want...not the lesser of two evils. Both the dems and pubs are criminalistic...vote third party and send a msg. Now, for a bad analogy attempt: Stop being satisfied with what the buffet has to offer and place your special order. Maybe the restaurant will start serving more special orders if asked.

For the OP - exactly what the hell is "authenticity" and why should we give a damn if a Presidential candidate has it? Nearly all of them are politicians, you realize - bull is their stock in trade.

"Vote them all out" just constitutes too much of throwing out the good with the bad.

Too simplistic.

Better, I think to get behind those who represent real change and reform, and right now that is the republican ticket. Imagine that.

Yeah, they're such a reform ticket, when you consider that McCain represents Bush's policies on virtually everything except the environment. Of course, only an idiot would seriously believe a party which is largely responsible for the debacles of the last 8 years is somehow the party and candidate representing real reform and change.

McCain and Palin are both at least as willing to go after the badness within their own party as Obama and biden are not.

Palin has about 75% approval among democrats in Alaska in part for just that reason.

Any proof for this? Besides, Alaska is not exactly a typical state - and the previous governor was so blatantly corrupt that anyone looks good in comparison.

McCain has disappointed many a republican, (me included) but his record and plans regarding just earmarks is more than enough to earn real respect.

Ending earmarks is alone nothing short of revolutionary at this point.

Oh, please. They represent a pathetic $17.2 billion in terms of spending - the interest and maintenance on the debt we'd incur fulfilling McCain's ridiculous tax cut plan would be far larger.

I'll go out and say it - earmarks are completely trivial bull compared to some of the more pressing problems out there, like health care reform, defense, the economy, the environment, and energy. The fact that you think they are some all-important thing is rather hilarious.

They (earmarks) are at the heart of what is wrong with the current system.

Interesting isn't it, that those running on hope and change are those most against it and those perceived as old fashioned are the real hope and change.

I'm sure some here will disagree, but even a casual study of the facts of record confirms it.

Obama thinks the problem lies in bigger issues than an amount of money less than that of a rounding error in the Federal Budget.

For the OP - exactly what the hell is "authenticity" and why should we give a damn if a Presidential candidate has it?

Once people read such an opening line, there really is no reason to read any further, or for that matter, ever bother reading anything else from such a poster.

Keep it up though!

Because it sure validates what I've been saying about the left.

Once people read such an opening line, there really is no reason to read any further, or for that matter, ever bother reading anything else from such a poster.

Keep it up though!

Because it sure validates what I've been saying about the left.

That must have been quite a challenge for you, actually reading even part of a response rather than just ignoring it and doing the usual drive-by article posting. Try again.