Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Aliens Eat Humans!

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#46    Universal Sight

Universal Sight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

• Nature doesnt have a language.... but its talking to us all the time

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

View PostTwoXMike, on 29 January 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

Check out a doco called Ancient Aliens. My brother watched it and he is a stone cold skeptic but it even made him think
yes. it will ven make a skeptic thnk. but, i personally believe that humans have been around alot linger than we know and their have been multiple "advanced" civilizations in the past with some type of catastrophe that wiped out most but not all of them each time in history. When will it be our turn? The cycle is sure to happen again.

View PostDONTEATUS, on 29 January 2011 - 09:50 PM, said:

jumps into the pot as they stir in a few Beautiful women the Hot Tub dish of the night Shall have no Alien`s appetite short of yummy tiddley bits !
ITs afterall all in the way you Look at it.
Anyone For some B.B.Q Short ribs from a Cow,or Pig? :wacko:

Say what?!     :wacko:

Stanton Friedman- "But absence of evidence is not evidence for the absence of evidence.” <--- WHAT?!

#47    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 29 January 2011 - 10:25 PM, said:

Well said arenee! :)

Here, let's help a bit with a link to a thread specialized for this topic. ;)

:wacko:

Donkey doo doo to both of you!
It's very clear that almost all ancient cultures talked about beings that came from outer space or the heavens and there is tonnes of evidence to support ancient astronaut theory and not just 'unsubstantiated and far reaching'.

and what's with that thread? I'm up to page 4 now and it's some of  the most stupid arguing I've had the misfortune of readiong! So far seems to be mainly about Giza, although HerNibs seemed to have gotten confused and thought people were marveling at ALL pyramids not just Giza...
Who cares about a pyramid, there's loads of other evidence all over the world that aliens may have been visiting Earth. Am I wasting my time with that thread?,....

You have people like FurthurBB and HerNibs saying things like "Why would gold be worth anything to anyone else if they had never seen or heard of it before? It really makes no sense unless you are looking at the universe and any intelligent beings that might be in it with an egocentric bias. "
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!
Oh the pain!
Do I have to read on?
Such ignorance gives me a belly ache!
Surely even children can guess that gold has some pretty amazing properties...
It's a very good conductor for a starters...
Do I really have to read on have to read on?

Sorry booN, you know I love you but after page 7 I decided I'm not reading 90 pages...
Maybe you can point out the good bits?

Edited by Paxus, 30 January 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#48    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

LOL Paxus! :lol:

Nobody is forcing you to read it mate, and I'll admit that getting through the whole thread could be difficult.  It took me two days to read the whole thing back when I joined UM and it has grown since then.  As a matter of fact, it was the first thread I read here.

But it does address a lot of the supposed evidence presented for the AA hypothesis (I can't bring myself to refer to it as a theory, sorry).  There are other threads as well, which address other points, but I don't have them bookmarked like that one.

(Edit: Removed lengthy quote.)

Edited by booNyzarC, 30 January 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#49    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 30 January 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

LOL Paxus! :lol:
Nobody is forcing you to read it mate, and I'll admit that getting through the whole thread could be difficult.  It took me two days to read the whole thing back when I joined UM and it has grown since then.  As a matter of fact, it was the first thread I read here.
But it does address a lot of the supposed evidence presented for the AA hypothesis (I can't bring myself to refer to it as a theory, sorry).  There are other threads as well, which address other points, but I don't have them bookmarked like that one.
(Edit: Removed lengthy quote.)
:)
Glad I can make you laugh.
Or should I be offended that you laughed at my pain?  :huh:
Ok, maybe you can tell me why you think AAT is wrong?
All that evidence is still there regardless of there being one or two nutters in the field trying to sell books.
Which ones don't you agree with or which ones have been explained?

#50    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

As far as I've seen, all of that evidence simply doesn't hold up under scrutiny mate.  I couldn't possibly fit it all into one post, that is why there are multiple threads that go through the many points and refute them.

But your statement about there being all these ancient cultures talking about beings coming down from the heavens, as an example; the alien interpretation of this is a modern mythology not an ancient one.  And arriving at an alien conclusion requires misrepresenting, mistranslating, or twisting ancient texts and anachronistically interpreting ancient art.

What are the most compelling pieces of evidence that have you convinced about the validity of the AA hypothesis?

Edited by booNyzarC, 30 January 2011 - 02:38 PM.

#51    Alchera

Alchera

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• This world is life
    This “clouds-and-wonders”
    Is all I need
    And it will never go

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

Doesn't sound likeley. When certain different types of human came to contact each other, even just from other continents, they spread diseases to each other that killed entire populations. With aliens coming from another planet, who knows what nast things may happen to them if they start eating things here, their immune system isn't built for it.

Posted Image

#52    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 30 January 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

As far as I've seen, all of that evidence simply doesn't hold up under scrutiny mate.  I couldn't possibly fit it all into one post, that is why there are multiple threads that go through the many points and refute them.

But your statement about there being all these ancient cultures talking about beings coming down from the heavens, as an example; the alien interpretation of this is a modern mythology not an ancient one.  And arriving at an alien conclusion requires misrepresenting, mistranslating, or twisting ancient texts and anachronistically interpreting ancient art.

What are the most compelling pieces of evidence that have you convinced about the validity of the AA hypothesis?
Like you, I feel this is just far too big a subject to start posting about... all over again.. this is why I hoped you could giev me a few that were satisfactorily debunked...
Off the top of my head:
* Ancient incl. cave paintings haven't changed  - i know they're open to interpretation but they are but a piece of a puzzle.
* The map (forget name of it) that could not have been made without access to flight (i think it was 5000ft, which on top of it's accuracy showed land mass under ice before sonar/radar(again, i forget which you use to scan land mass under ice) was invented.
* Giant drawings are for ?
* Giza and other things like an upside down pyramid or massive rocks over massive areas that were simply melted into desires steps etc were simply not made like that by us! I'm sorry but they weren't :(
People say all sorts of things but none of them really gel. I even read people here on UM saying, oh but they could melt rock... I doubt it but even if ancient man could, they certainly couldn't do it to rock faces over big areas (talking like 10 meter steps etc)....
There is FAR too much to write out here that simply does not add up - for example people hardly ever even mention that it's odd that dislocated people all come up with pyramid design all over the world (Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, the Far East, and in North and South America), or sheet of Mica in the upper tiers and 400 meters down the avenue of the Pyramid - what the?!!? (Mica is no good for building but it is good for shielding electromagnetic radiation or radio waves - not to mention the Mica was traced to South America... How did they get these large sheets to Egypt?)
* Writings of the the Bible, the Koran, the Mahabharata... (again, i'm not saying they're not just stories, but that this is just another piece of a puuzzle)
* Ancient races ridiculously accurate knowlede of all sorts of astronomy - how? why?

Damn my memory sucks... I think I'm forgetting the best ones! *LOL*
I do remember a good site though; http://www.world-mys...tm#Introduction

#53    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,308 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

View PostPaxus, on 30 January 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

:Oh the pain!
Do I have to read on?

Yes, you should "read on". Gold is valuable (to humans) due to its appearance, malleable nature, resistance to corrosion, and simply because humans find it to be *pretty* and it's rare. Gold is not the best metallic conductor...copper and especially silver function much better. Gold is really a cultural phenomenon. Unless ET digs jewelry and has similar artistic sensibilities I'd suspect gold would not hold the same allure for them. However, since we know 'jack' about ET I guess it's possible they could like gold...but it's certainly not a given.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#54    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

View PostAlchera, on 30 January 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

Doesn't sound likeley. When certain different types of human came to contact each other, even just from other continents, they spread diseases to each other that killed entire populations. With aliens coming from another planet, who knows what nast things may happen to them if they start eating things here, their immune system isn't built for it.
The humans who did that (spread diseases that wiped out entires peoples) wcould be considered barbaric morons compared to an alien race that is so advanced that they have conquered the vast distances of the universe....
'Bug-lore' would be rather a simple science to a race thousands or millions of years ahead of us ;)

Edited by Paxus, 30 January 2011 - 02:54 PM.

#55    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

View PostLilly, on 30 January 2011 - 02:50 PM, said:

Yes, you should "read on". Gold is valuable (to humans) due to its appearance, malleable nature, resistance to corrosion, and simply because humans find it to be *pretty* and it's rare. Gold is not the best metallic conductor...copper and especially silver function much better. Gold is really a cultural phenomenon. Unless ET digs jewelry and has similar artistic sensibilities I'd suspect gold would not hold the same allure for them. However, since we know 'jack' about ET I guess it's possible they could like gold...but it's certainly not a given.
Hi Lily,
I didn't say it was the best!!!
I didn't say it was a given!!!
I'm just saying it's ignorant to assume that aliens wouldn't have any need for it.
All I said was, 'Considering the properties of gold, aliens quite well might have some need of it'

#56    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,308 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

While ET might well have some interest in gold there's certainly nothing to indicate that they'd be traveling light years to Earth to dig it up either. Ascribing human cultural values to ET is, IMO, speculative to the max. It's just as likely that ET would find little to no use for gold. Only way we'll know any of this is to ask them if/when we meet them.

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#57    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

View PostLilly, on 30 January 2011 - 03:02 PM, said:

While ET might well have some interest in gold there's certainly nothing to indicate that they'd be traveling light years to Earth to dig it up either. Ascribing human cultural values to ET is, IMO, speculative to the max. It's just as likely that ET would find little to no use for gold. Only way we'll know any of this is to ask them if/when we meet them.
*facepalm*
You're taking it all out of context.
I got a belly ache because that one statement made a GROSS flawed assumption, NOTHING more!
I didn't suggest aliens came here for gold!
I didn't even suggest they came here! I just said I'm having a hard time reading that thread and when I got to that HUGE assumption about why aliens wouldn't come here my stomach ached. It was a joke about an ignorant assumption, NOTHING more  <_<
To be perfectly clear: I only objected to the statement that our gold would be of NO interest to aliens - period.

I'm slightly insulted that you'd think that I'm so stupid that I'd think aliens would come all this way for our gold!

</rant>

I shall now, on your advise, dutifuly slog through the rest of that thread.  :unsure:

Edited by Paxus, 30 January 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#58    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

View PostPaxus, on 30 January 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

Like you, I feel this is just far too big a subject to start posting about... all over again.. this is why I hoped you could giev me a few that were satisfactorily debunked...
Well, a few of these that you've listed have been satisfactorily explained.  I wouldn't use the word debunk, because much of this so called evidence is open to a wide variety of interpretations.

Off the top of my head:
* Ancient incl. cave paintings haven't changed  - i know they're open to interpretation but they are but a piece of a puzzle.
There aren't any cave paintings I've seen that can be definitively interpreted to represent alien visitation.  But AA hypothesizers certainly do love the ambiguity that our ancestors left behind in scratched or painted circles and whatnot.

* The map (forget name of it) that could not have been made without access to flight (i think it was 5000ft, which on top of it's accuracy showed land mass under ice before sonar/radar(again, i forget which you use to scan land mass under ice) was invented.
You are talking about the Piri Reis map I would assume?  It doesn't show Antarctica, despite the many people who claim it does.  There are numerous references here on UM about this.  For example.

* Giant drawings are for ?
What giant drawings are you referring to?

* Giza and other things like an upside down pyramid or massive rocks over massive areas that were simply melted into desires steps etc were simply not made like that by us! I'm sorry but they weren't :(
People say all sorts of things but none of them really gel. I even read people here on UM saying, oh but they could melt rock... I doubt it but even if ancient man could, they certainly couldn't do it to rock faces over big areas (talking like 10 meter steps etc)....
Some ancient structures are certainly intriguing, but not outside the capability of man to build.  I wouldn't say that the ancients could melt stone, but just because it looks like it was melted does not mean that it was melted.

There is FAR too much to write out here that simply does not add up - for example people hardly ever even mention that it's odd that dislocated people all come up with pyramid design all over the world (Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, the Far East, and in North and South America), or sheet of Mica in the upper tiers and 400 meters down the avenue of the Pyramid - what the?!!? (Mica is no good for building but it is good for shielding electromagnetic radiation or radio waves - not to mention the Mica was traced to South America... How did they get these large sheets to Egypt?)
Pyramid type structures around the world actually bear very little resemblance to each other.  I haven't heard about this mica bit before, perhaps you can elaborate on that bit?

* Writings of the the Bible, the Koran, the Mahabharata... (again, i'm not saying they're not just stories, but that this is just another piece of a puuzzle)
I think we'd have to get pretty specific about particular texts to even begin discussing this part.

* Ancient races ridiculously accurate knowlede of all sorts of astronomy - how? why?
They looked at the sky.  All the time.  Why wouldn't they be familiar with the movements of celestial bodies?  It isn't as though they had a lot of distractions after the sun went down like we do.

Damn my memory sucks... I think I'm forgetting the best ones! *LOL*
I do remember a good site though; http://www.world-mys...tm#Introduction
No worries mate.  There are many disjointed puzzle pieces that AA hypothesizers have attempted to pull together.  This generates an illusion of substance where there really is none.

#59    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

View PostPaxus, on 30 January 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

*facepalm*
I got a belly ache because that one statement made a GROSS flawed assumption, NOTHING more!
I didn't even suggest they came here! I just said I'm having a hard time reading that thread and when I got to that HUGE assumption about why aliens wouldn't come here my stomach ached. It was a joke about an ignorant assumption, NOTHING more  <_<
To be perfectly clear: I only objected to the statement that our gold would be of NO interest to aliens - period.

I'm slightly insulted that you'd think that I'm so stupid that I'd think aliens would come all this way for our gold!
Well, just to add some contextual clarity to the whole gold thing...  A big part of Sitchin's Anunnaki/Nibiru tale revolved around the notion that gold was mined for the repair of Nibiru's atmosphere.  He was wrong by the way... ;)

#60    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,308 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

View PostPaxus, on 30 January 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

*facepalm*

Your words here:

You have people like FurthurBB and HerNibs saying things like "Why would gold be worth anything to anyone else if they had never seen or heard of it before? It really makes no sense unless you are looking at the universe and any intelligent beings that might be in it with an egocentric bias. "
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!
Oh the pain!
Do I have to read on?

Indicated that you considered those who were skeptical of the gold/ET hypothesis to be "ignorant".

</rant>

I never said that you supported the gold/ET hypothesis, but you did demean FurthurBB and HerNibs for not caring for the hypothesis.

When you call others "ignorant" be advised that there may well be some others who will step up and question your reasoning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users