Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why dont ghosts materialize?

Mikko-kun

Why dont they, even though there's poltergeists and tulpas? I recall a tulpa story where the tulpa started to materialize after maybe a decade, and became apparent to others to see than the one manifesting the tulpa. Could it be that the ghosts need someone to believe them to be real to be able to materialize? I recall a chinese story of an old man who ghosts came to haunt, but ghosts got quickly fed up because the old man wasn't scared. Perhaps this would be the reason ghosts aren't interested in sceptics because sceptics have a conscious aim and much more effort to find alternate explanations like it's all in my mind or I'm being just suggested things, I'm tired, I'm having a visual recollection of memories from a movie or a dream or whatever, I'm just having a moment of insanity, maybe someone put something to my drink, I'm emotionally unstable, it's fog, it's a tour guide, it's a burglar (dark figure at your home), it's just shadows playing tricks, it's photoshopped and video edited or staged or reflection. I'm quite sure I missed a lot. And the ghost could of course be a demon or astral plane entity or such.

But rambling aside, could it be some ghosts want to materialize to do things, come try, and realise it's not worth the effort just to do something earthly?

Also wouldn't we have armies of materialized ghosts among us if it was easy to materialize? And wouldn't there be a lot of animal ghosts who materialize too? Though I'd imagine animals wouldn't cling so much to earthly things because death seems to be different to them, they take death differently. I feel like animals know to leave things behind easier than humans, though at least some of them seem to have the same sentience when it comes to death.

Hounds of Baskerville. The akita inu (japanese dog) waited his human companion in the train station for years, and locals fed him until he (the dog) died. Some of us humans go die too when our loved ones die, like one gurkha general's wives throwing themselves to the bonfire where their husband's body burned, even though it wasn't their time biologically.

Edited by Mikko-kun

Ghosts cannot materialize because their vibrational frequency is on a different plane of existence to ours. This so called reality of ours, is a holographic projectional image of a plane of existence resonating within it's own particular range or frequencies, to which we attuned to for our life experience.

• Like 2

Why dont they, even though there's poltergeists and tulpas? I recall a tulpa story where the tulpa started to materialize after maybe a decade, and became apparent to others to see than the one manifesting the tulpa. Could it be that the ghosts need someone to believe them to be real to be able to materialize? I recall a chinese story of an old man who ghosts came to haunt, but ghosts got quickly fed up because the old man wasn't scared. Perhaps this would be the reason ghosts aren't interested in sceptics because sceptics have a conscious aim and much more effort to find alternate explanations like it's all in my mind or I'm being just suggested things, I'm tired, I'm having a visual recollection of memories from a movie or a dream or whatever, I'm just having a moment of insanity, maybe someone put something to my drink, I'm emotionally unstable, it's fog, it's a tour guide, it's a burglar (dark figure at your home), it's just shadows playing tricks, it's photoshopped and video edited or staged or reflection. I'm quite sure I missed a lot. And the ghost could of course be a demon or astral plane entity or such.

But rambling aside, could it be some ghosts want to materialize to do things, come try, and realise it's not worth the effort just to do something earthly?

What about residual ghosts? Ones where there is no thinking involved? I asked this, because I wonder of the 'teenage ghost' I thought I saw, and it wasn't that it materialized because we were skeptics or not, it just did. *shrugs*. Actually I meant that if it was what I saw, it didn't plan on us not expecting him to be there.

Ghosts cannot materialize because their vibrational frequency is on a different plane of existence to ours. This so called reality of ours, is a holographic projectional image of a plane of existence resonating within it's own particular range or frequencies, to which we attuned to for our life experience.

Say what? I have never heard of this before. Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
  • Like 1

Ok, I don't know, if I made sense in part of the last post.

And the evidence of this is...?

• Like 1

...Morpheus?

Well it does make you wonder doesn't it?

Why are all of the famous "spirit photos" from late 19th and early 20th century always full apparitions and yet as soon as digital cameras become commonplace the "ghost hunters" suddenly start focusing on things like shadows, orbs, EMF detectors, and EVPs.

Heck, if you watch a show like Ghost Hunters, it's extremely rare that they even talk about, much less show a photograph.

• Like 1

What about residual ghosts? Ones where there is no thinking involved? I asked this, because I wonder of the 'teenage ghost' I thought I saw, and it wasn't that it materialized because we were skeptics or not, it just did. *shrugs*. Actually I meant that if it was what I saw, it didn't plan on us not expecting him to be there.

Tough one. If she was a new ghost, recently died, then there's some other factor with materializing. Makes me think that the ghosts may be more intelligent than we might think of them. If they can materialize already, they shouldn't need our belief to do so because that'd be easy, just materialize to a few scientists in a test environment. When you think of it like that, at least harnessing belief for power is no unifying factor for ghosts, if any ghosts at all have that.

It's odd though. If there's poltergeists and more unvisible or very faint ghosts, then why would some want to appear? Or maybe it's not their choise, nor even their prime concern. Different ghosts can have different motives, like some very malicious like that one house where people said they got scratch marks, or some just wanna help you or say goodbye and things like that. I can imagine that if you wanted to say goodbye, you might not want to scare your people by appearing fully visible, but rather be invisble and gently whisper them bye.

If you think of ghosts as humane entities, like us, then wouldn't you need some big brother show wannabe person's ghost to get it to a film?

• Like 1

Perhaps not. Maybe it's the other entities throwing things and taking forms, that'd fit some lore better than ghosts. And perhaps there's something in people which allows them to see those they can associate with or have been in contact with, even if others didn't. Like a bond. Emotional bonds exist, quite strongly so.

Why would ghosts want to materialise?

And those who do materialise have a reason. It's not like ghosts are all interested in going "Boo".

Ghosts are not a part of the earthly existence anymore. It's like you returning to your childhood state.

Would you ditch your car, savings, house and iphone in favour of living with your parents in your old room, depending on them and having all your toys and baby books back? No.

• Like 2

And the evidence of this is...?

Just a thought I had. :)
  • Like 3

Ghosts, neither being here nor there, are associated with unresolved issues.

Thence, I do no believe they have the power to materialize anywhere at will.

If one is disembodied, it is hard to make oneself seen, let alone move anything. :yes:

I happen to think a lot of "ghost" are just figments of the imagination. Either of one person or a groups. Thought-forms and tulpas are just ideas, ideas often are images and concepts. If you imagine something long enough you experience it. Much like getting a phantom itch or smell. If you think you see something and feed your imagination enough you'll actually see it. Even if it isn't real.

I happen to think a lot of "ghost" are just figments of the imagination. Either of one person or a groups. Thought-forms and tulpas are just ideas, ideas often are images and concepts. If you imagine something long enough you experience it. Much like getting a phantom itch or smell. If you think you see something and feed your imagination enough you'll actually see it. Even if it isn't real.

Well of course; they make a wonderful hypothetical because in theory they can't be detected. All the time peripheral vision tells us something off to the side is moving, but of course it isn't -- the motion is in our heads.

Ghosts cannot materialize because their vibrational frequency is on a different plane of existence to ours.

What is their vibrational frequency and how was it determined? What's our vibrational frequency?
This so called reality of ours, is a holographic projectional image of a plane of existence resonating within it's own particular range or frequencies, to which we attuned to for our life experience.

To be honest, that sentence has all the hallmarks of pseudoscientific gibberish. A lot of sciencey sounding buzzphrases strung together into a sentence.
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong I believe in the possibility of ghost. The problem I have is that I've had enough sleep deprivation in my life to start seeing things that aren't there. One thing that get's me is that with all the dead people (and other things) why isn't our planet ghost central. I mean billions of years of life that came and went. Where did the ghost go? Certain places and acts can set the mood. For instance I'll be perform the midnight man ritual on Halloween night with my teens and one of their friends. I'm doing this for two reason, the first being for fun and the second as a kind of psychological/metaphysical experiment. I want to see if I can "conjure" the midnight man.

• Like 2

Why would ghosts want to materialise?

And those who do materialise have a reason. It's not like ghosts are all interested in going "Boo".

Ghosts are not a part of the earthly existence anymore. It's like you returning to your childhood state.

Would you ditch your car, savings, house and iphone in favour of living with your parents in your old room, depending on them and having all your toys and baby books back? No.

Well, when I got my body broken and depleted, old and tired and no sex drive, yes, I'd quite gladly return to my childhood state. You can die anyways, it's not like I need the aging to get my death, I can die by myself too thank you very much. I know it may sound childish, but what if some ghosts are scared to go beyond and want to cling to the remnants of this side of the reality? I could imagine those who believe they'll go in a hell and can actually fathom what hell would be, or atheists who are very honest to themselves and keep fathoming the big unknown, the big "blank". I tried to be an atheist once and that thought was very unsettling. And I notice atheists seem to have a more agitated attitute, because I believe it's harder to find peace when you're one. It's easier to find peace in something you can at least think might be there, than keep trying to imagine the oblivion of empty unknown. Or to tell yourself there's nothing after death, because what is nothing? What exactly is it? I dont know, but if you're right, that's where you going. I've had a knife pulled at me and that was, well more unsettling for the moment but it's at least something you get over with quickly enough.

...Morpheus?

Yes, the suggestion we live in a matrix world, not so hard to fathom is it? So basically it's just saying ghosts are in different "reality-frequency", and we basically dont process those frequencies so well, even if we may receive them. Why not, Cayce said everything's just vibrations anyways and I think it was Tao philosophy that said it too, or some other eastern major way of thinking, that everything is always moving. The walls inside my room dont move if you ask my eyes, but if you'd take a look at a microscope that can detect electrons, it'd be a different story. And ghosts too seem to move.

Maybe, might be suggestion and association at play there, and mental projection. People can be hypnotized and things suggested to them, after all every man should know the "suggestive look" a woman can have or another man if you prefer. ;) The power of suggestion can truly be strong, and I would bet some real good money some ghosts cases are such. Probably not too small percentage, that's just my guess, could be wrong either ways. You dont have to be the one feeding your own imagination, there's plenty of things around you doing it for you, all you gotta do is take them in and have but the slightest notion of being suggested all those things. The more you believe in subconscious manipulation, the less you might be inclined to believe in most ghosts..

Yesterday, upon the stair,

I met a man who wasn't there.

He wasn't there again today,

I wish, I wish he'd go away...

When I came home last night at three,

The man was waiting there for me

But when I looked around the hall,

I couldn't see him there at all!

Go away, go away, don't you come back any more!

Go away, go away, and please don't slam the door...

Last night I saw upon the stair,

A little man who wasn't there,

He wasn't there again today

Oh, how I wish he'd go away...

Antigonish by William Hughes Mearns

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 2

Don't get me wrong I believe in the possibility of ghost. The problem I have is that I've had enough sleep deprivation in my life to start seeing things that aren't there. One thing that get's me is that with all the dead people (and other things) why isn't our planet ghost central. I mean billions of years of life that came and went. Where did the ghost go? Certain places and acts can set the mood. For instance I'll be perform the midnight man ritual on Halloween night with my teens and one of their friends. I'm doing this for two reason, the first being for fun and the second as a kind of psychological/metaphysical experiment. I want to see if I can "conjure" the midnight man.

This is a great question, thanks for opening it up. There's many versions of what comes after clinical death, but an unifying factor I've met seems to be people see what they believe. And I've heard an explanation that our beliefs are like clothes we dress those entities with, that the entities would be there but we see them differently according to our beliefs. A true atheist might see blank, be blind, or just something "undefined".

Consciousness... many of you might not be familiar with the concept of densities. It's similiar to dimensions, except that entities of different densities can exist in same reality. A "realist" is definetely a 3rd density being, bacteria and microbes and such 1st density, more evolved souls 4th density, and "god" 7th density, seven of em. The higher you go the less material and more "unified" things get, goes the theory. It has gotten quite a lot of thought and discussion, actually thoughtful discussion... I would guess ghosts are not ready to discard the materialistic thinking, after all they are said to have a reason to sticking in the material plane. Unsaid & undone things. So physically they'd be more 4th or 5th density, but mentally 3rd, and physical and mental are linked, physically through nervous system at least, and I believe through something more, like awareness of our consciousness.

Or, most just dont see a reason to stick around, and ghosts who are here get bored and realise the vanity of their existence here. Redhowler made a good point about this before.

If ghost do exist they might but be residual energy. Like memories locked in a location. Then again I do wonder if seeing things is just a spirits why of communicating. That they can't physically manifest but only can manifest through visual perception (hallucinations). As for spirits moving objects, that could just be the results of a powerful expectation and desire.

Yesterday, upon the stair,

I met a man who wasn't there.

He wasn't there again today,

I wish, I wish he'd go away...

When I came home last night at three,

The man was waiting there for me

But when I looked around the hall,

I couldn't see him there at all!

Go away, go away, don't you come back any more!

Go away, go away, and please don't slam the door...

Last night I saw upon the stair,

A little man who wasn't there,

He wasn't there again today

Oh, how I wish he'd go away...

Antigonish by William Hughes Mearns

Good job bowdlerizing.

If ghost do exist they might but be residual energy. Like memories locked in a location. Then again I do wonder if seeing things is just a spirits why of communicating. That they can't physically manifest but only can manifest through visual perception (hallucinations). As for spirits moving objects, that could just be the results of a powerful expectation and desire.

Lotsa things they "might" be. The probabilities are they ain't.