Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Bible Code: Predicting Armageddon


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    illuminated

illuminated

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 204 posts
  • Joined:10 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • This is the last time i pray to the sky, because everything we were ever told is a lie.

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

the bible is man made.... so what ever it has coded in it.. is already known probably by very few..

but really all it is is someone giving their interpration on the bible and calling it "the code"

do not believe everything you read or say

Posted Image
Innocent people get murdered in the struggle daily. And poor people never get **** and struggle daily. This ain't no alien conspiracy theory, this **** is real. Written on the dollar underneath the Masonic sealuhhh censorship is everywhere...

#17    bee

bee

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,113 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:30 AM

You know...there's something a bit strange going on with the Bible Code at the moment.

The Michael Drosnin ones.

I have the hardbacks of Bible Code One and Two.....Michael Drosnin.

The second one, in particular is detective work into pretty mind blowing possibilities.

I see Drosnin as a maverick in all of this. A journalist letting rip (that could be a pun  :)  )

with his imagination...because he had to LOOK for the clues.



So...I was looking forward to Bible Code Three...The Quest...back in 2006?

Amazon had sold lots of 'The Quest' Bible Code three...in advance. There it
was...complete and ready to go.



Went to the bookshop...it was delayed for a year or so. Went back again and

it was delayed again. And again.

Looked on the internet and it was 'embargoed' until October 2010.



So....today I phone the bookshop up and ask about 'The Quest' I said about the
embargo and was it now available.

They phoned up he suppliers and they said that it wasn't going to be out until 2019 !!!


When I went on Amazon...it turns out that Drosnin has got another book out...which I
will be buying ASAP....called The Bible Code - Saving the World. !!!

Can't wait to read it. I will definitely be buying the hardback.


But what's all that about 'The Quest' ?


What is in it that we are not being allowed to see.


It's all a bit of a mystery.


:wacko:  :unsure:  :huh:


#18    Disbeliever

Disbeliever

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia

  • "I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical."
    Arthur C. Clarke

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

Wasn't it proven that you can find 'codes' in any book? If you look for things in just normal every day books you will find them too. The bigger the book, the more words and then the more patterns that will appear.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" Epicurus

#19    bee

bee

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,113 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:02 PM

View PostDisbeliever, on 12 November 2010 - 12:30 PM, said:

Wasn't it proven that you can find 'codes' in any book? If you look for things in just normal every day books you will find them too. The bigger the book, the more words and then the more patterns that will appear.


People always drag up Mobey Dick...but I don't think it's been proven

that meaningful results can consistently be obtained from any old book..in the same way that

they can from the Bible...in the original Hebrew....?


The Old Testament already has stuff in it that could be construed as having extra-terrestrial meaning.

So it's already more meaningful in regards to deeper/older stories...with origins
lost in the mists of time.


#20    Disbeliever

Disbeliever

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia

  • "I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical."
    Arthur C. Clarke

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

View Postbee, on 12 November 2010 - 01:02 PM, said:

People always drag up Mobey Dick...but I don't think it's been proven

that meaningful results can consistently be obtained from any old book..in the same way that

they can from the Bible...in the original Hebrew....?


The Old Testament already has stuff in it that could be construed as having extra-terrestrial meaning.

So it's already more meaningful in regards to deeper/older stories...with origins
lost in the mists of time.

I didn't actually mean Mobey Dick, I did mean any book of simular length. The thing is they keep trying to find things in the bible, I bet if they picked out a book of simular length and spent years coding that, they would come up with a simular result.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" Epicurus

#21    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

    Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

  • Member
  • 15,163 posts
  • Joined:08 Feb 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:london, ontario

  • ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

View PostDisbeliever, on 12 November 2010 - 01:14 PM, said:

I didn't actually mean Mobey Dick, I did mean any book of simular length. The thing is they keep trying to find things in the bible, I bet if they picked out a book of simular length and spent years coding that, they would come up with a simular result.

I believe people have done it with other books, and moby dick being one of them.

the truth is out there....

#22    shadowofadoubt

shadowofadoubt

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

The codes in The Bible Code are what's called Equidistant Letter Spacing, or ELS.  To obtain an ELS from a text, choose a starting point (in principle, any letter) and a skip number, also freely and possibly negative. Then, beginning at the starting point, select letters from the text at equal spacing as given by the skip number. For example, the bold letters in this sentence form an ELS. With a skip of -4, and ignoring the spaces and punctuation, the word safest is spelled out.
LINK


it is possible to find almost anything you want in almost any text using the ELS method. The nature of entropy means that there will be accidental words and sentences everywhere. When Bible Code proponents find a sentence, how do they know that this sentence was placed there deliberately by some higher power, and was not just another accidental hit? Proving this distinction is really the key to proving that there's any substance to Bible Code claims, and so far, nobody has put forward any reasonable suggestion of what form such proof might take.

This software does it for you.CodeFinder


#23    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

Interesting thread. Bravo.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#24    Sevastiel

Sevastiel

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • "Know what is before you and what is hidden shall be revealed" - JC

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

View Postbee, on 12 November 2010 - 12:30 AM, said:

You know...there's something a bit strange going on with the Bible Code at the moment.

The Michael Drosnin ones.

I have the hardbacks of Bible Code One and Two.....Michael Drosnin.

The second one, in particular is detective work into pretty mind blowing possibilities.

I see Drosnin as a maverick in all of this. A journalist letting rip (that could be a pun  :)  )

with his imagination...because he had to LOOK for the clues.



So...I was looking forward to Bible Code Three...The Quest...back in 2006?

Amazon had sold lots of 'The Quest' Bible Code three...in advance. There it
was...complete and ready to go.



Went to the bookshop...it was delayed for a year or so. Went back again and

it was delayed again. And again.

Looked on the internet and it was 'embargoed' until October 2010.



So....today I phone the bookshop up and ask about 'The Quest' I said about the
embargo and was it now available.

They phoned up he suppliers and they said that it wasn't going to be out until 2019 !!!


When I went on Amazon...it turns out that Drosnin has got another book out...which I
will be buying ASAP....called The Bible Code - Saving the World. !!!

Can't wait to read it. I will definitely be buying the hardback.


But what's all that about 'The Quest' ?


What is in it that we are not being allowed to see.


It's all a bit of a mystery.


:wacko:  :unsure:  :huh:


This one?
(Alternate)

Could always just find yourself a friend in the UK and have them shoot you the spoilers.
Surely there's some sort of conspiracy/theory/2012/etc forum out there under a European server?
Here's a partial one. (bottom)

Now is not the time.

#25    bee

bee

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,113 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

View PostSevastiel, on 21 November 2010 - 09:50 PM, said:

This one?
(Alternate)

Could always just find yourself a friend in the UK and have them shoot you the spoilers.
Surely there's some sort of conspiracy/theory/2012/etc forum out there under a European server?
Here's a partial one. (bottom)


It gets more confusing..... :wacko:

Like...is the 'Saving the World' one a sanitized version of the 'The Quest' one?

Or are they separate?



http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_rhf_p_t_3

Quote

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.


http://www.digitalsp...d.php?t=1347774

Quote

Previously called "The Bible Code 3: The Quest," Mr Drosnin has included the new subtitle "saving the world."


I will have to try and pin this down....in spite of my enthusiasm.. :)  I haven't

got hold of the 'Saving the World' one yet...


Thanks for your response....... :tu:


#26    ValkyrieVoice

ValkyrieVoice

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Joined:22 Oct 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Dwight, Illinois

  • "Bubble, Bubble Toil And Trouble;
    Fire Burn, And Cauldron Bubble.
    Double, Double Toil And Trouble
    Something Wicked This Way Comes."

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

View Postcrystal sage, on 24 October 2010 - 01:16 AM, said:

My link

http://www.theage.co...1020-16tv3.html
Humans have ever yearned to know what will unfold in times yet to come, but now, have researchers unlocked the predictions of the Bible?


In today's paper   The Age !!!!  
The Bible Code...

Just starting to watch it...



Rabbi Chaim Michael Dov Weismandel  found that the Torah had a code.. his discoveries now has meaning  can be put into action now that we have computers..

My link
My link
My link



My link
Are they predicting anything else other than Armegeddon?

"You Look Up When You Feel The Need For Elevation And I Look Down Because I Am Elevated. ..."

Thus Spake Zarathustra

-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

#27    EternalBlizzard

EternalBlizzard

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:10 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • If you problem is big as a ship, then think of you'r blessings as wide as the ocean

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

Bible is only for those who believe in it it's not that the bible is the only thing saying that Armageddon si near there are other belief's and culture's all over the world saying that's near


#28    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

    Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

  • Member
  • 15,163 posts
  • Joined:08 Feb 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:london, ontario

  • ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

View PostEternalBlizzard, on 29 November 2010 - 01:19 PM, said:

Bible is only for those who believe in it it's not that the bible is the only thing saying that Armageddon si near there are other belief's and culture's all over the world saying that's near

And none of them seem to be correct.

the truth is out there....

#29    conspiracy buff

conspiracy buff

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined:05 Apr 2013
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think the "Bible Code" is an interesting topic.  Is there something to it?  It's hard to say.  It does seem to hold validity in that mathematicians have proven that these codes being chance are highly unlikely.  If we were to compare other texts with similar length to the Bible and run the ELS matrix on it, we may get codes there too.  However, I don't think you get the kind of words that are as closely linked to certain events like are found within Bible Code matrixes.  Moby Dick is the book most often compared with the Bible as far as length and skeptics finding codes within that book with similar results.  The difference is that these Bible Codes seem to get more specific than the other materials being compared.  As with anything having to do with belief systems, it is all interpretation.  If one is skeptically inclined, you most likely will think this is nonsense.  If you believe there are some things in this world that cannot be explained[like myself] then you might think there could be something to these codes.  That's the beauty of the world we live in; not everything has an explanation and as long as we have that air of mystery, people can believe whatever they chose to.  

There is a grain of truth in every conspiracy known to man, you just have to be intelligent enough to find it.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users