Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TV shoot interrupted by UFO in Lima

Still Waters

Filming for the television show Alto al Crimen in the Miraflores district of Lima, Peru was interrupted when the production team noticed a UFO hovering in the sky.

The sighting occurred on the morning of Tuesday, February 10, and was reportedly witnessed by several members of the production crew, including the show's host, Renzo Reggiardo, a Peruvian congressman.

http://www.openminds...-ufo-lima/32206

• Like 1

It looks small. It looks close. it is probably a kite. Why didn't someone walk in the direction of the kite to verify it was small and close? The workers in the next building don't seem as interested. They are probably close enough to see who was flying the kite.

• Like 1

It's rather still for a kite IMO.

The day appears to have very little wind. A gentle breeze and a well built kite can be stable.

Do you think that the object is close and small? It certainly does not appear to be of interest to the workers in the building that is closer.

who's flying a kite in the middle of the city??

Derek Willis, you got it spot on. The camera guy is supposed to be a pro, yet he can't get a clear shot of whatever is up in the air there. This whole thing appears somehow staged to me.

The day appears to have very little wind. A gentle breeze and a well built kite can be stable.

Do you think that the object is close and small? It certainly does not appear to be of interest to the workers in the building that is closer.

I don't know if it's close or small, the camera guy seems to have to zoom in on it to get a good view of it, so it can't be that close. Also, it looks to be in a very built up area. Kite flying is usually done in large open spaces, not in the middle of a road surrounded by large buildings. If there's not much wind up where the kite is, so it can be steady, then on the ground protected by all of the buildings, there would be even less wind to get the kite in the air in the first place.

In abobe top secrets, an user has taken the trouble to stabilize the video, which shows the typical balancing of a tethered balloon, rocked by the wind. A cheap trick used by these fanatics of the Raelian movement, in order to attract more people to their conferences that take place every Thursday and Saturday.

http://www.abovetops...pg3#pid18998735

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 1

The origin of the pink UFO seems to be YMCA5641-B.

Why do even professional camera operators suddenly start wobbling all over the place when a UFO is sighted?

Well, the more you zoom in the more sensitive the video is to movement.

Well, the more you zoom in the more sensitive the video is to movement.

I'm no expert on the use of cameras, but I was watching a news bulletin the other day and the camera operator zoomed in on Angular Merkel (bit of an ironic pun there) coming out of a building. After a bit of wobble the operator seemed to steady the image. I was just wondering.

I'm no expert on the use of cameras, but I was watching a news bulletin the other day and the camera operator zoomed in on Angular Merkel

(bit of an ironic pun there) coming out of a building. After a bit of wobble the operator seemed to steady the image. I was just wondering.

No, that wasnt the cam. Merkel always wobbles when she is leaving/entering a building. Thats her tactic.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

In abobe top secrets, an user has taken the trouble to stabilize the video, which shows the typical balancing of a tethered balloon, rocked by the wind. A cheap trick used by these fanatics of the Raelian movement, in order to attract more people to their conferences that take place every Thursday and Saturday.

http://www.abovetops...pg3#pid18998735

That seems like it's got a bit more substance to it.

I don't know if it's close or small, the camera guy seems to have to zoom in on it to get a good view of it, so it can't be that close. Also, it looks to be in a very built up area. Kite flying is usually done in large open spaces, not in the middle of a road surrounded by large buildings. If there's not much wind up where the kite is, so it can be steady, then on the ground protected by all of the buildings, there would be even less wind to get the kite in the air in the first place.

Kids in cities fly kites where they live. It's a cell phone camera. Does it even have an optical zoom? Maybe its a balloon on a string. It's not large.

Again, it does not attract the attention of the people in the next building who more than likely recognize what it is.

I'm no expert on the use of cameras, but I was watching a news bulletin the other day and the camera operator zoomed in on Angular Merkel (bit of an ironic pun there) coming out of a building. After a bit of wobble the operator seemed to steady the image. I was just wondering.

No, that wasnt the cam. Merkel always wobbles when she is leaving/entering a building. Thats her tactic.

Is that how she became Angular ?

(Pun very much intended)

• Like 1

Kids in cities fly kites where they live. It's a cell phone camera. Does it even have an optical zoom? Maybe its a balloon on a string. It's not large.

Again, it does not attract the attention of the people in the next building who more than likely recognize what it is.

I had assumed it was the camera used for filming the presenter.

who's flying a kite in the middle of the city??

There are plenty of parks inside of cities.

There are plenty of parks inside of cities.

i always thought it was a dangerous thing to do, because of all the high-voltage power lines. But maybe i was just a scaredy-pants kid....

• Like 1

i always thought it was a dangerous thing to do, because of all the high-voltage power lines. But maybe i was just a scaredy-pants kid....

I guess it depends on the size of the park? I've flown a kite in the city, but it was a pretty large park. Maybe these kids were just lawless!

• Like 1

So I just google maped the Miraflores District of Lima, and it's full of parks. My bet is a group of people flying a Kite, or as Jacques suggests, a complete Hoax by the people doing the TV shoot.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Miraflores,+Peru/@-12.1182439,-77.0262404,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x9105c8137c30393f:0x5268cb2b1c4b162b

• Like 2

didn't somebody mention tethered Balloons used by the Raelians?? Where did that come from, and more important: WTF??

The greatest desire of the Raelians is seeing their embassy located in Jerusalem (lol), but for now they are opening embassies in other areas of the planet. The latest was last February 12 in Lima, Peru.

A group of Raelians were present at this time, while they were talking to the press about this embassy project (the project goal is to welcome the extraterrestrial scientists who created life on Earth), when a reporter from the TV show “Alto al crimen” recorded the UFO. Suspicious, don't you think? :P

Btw, the following links are in Spanish...

http://www.prnewswir...-291639111.html

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 1

But you can't really compare video "zoomed in" footage without knowing the camera, the focal length, whether or not the camera has cheap digital zoom vs. optical zoom and if the camera operator has zoomed in beyond the optical focal length, if the lens or camera body has image stabilisation built in, etc. It's also important to consider who is taking the footage. An experienced cameraman or photographer might know how to hold a camera steady at focal lengths and shutter speeds that others might fail to hold it steady at.
  • Like 2