Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot?

Althalus

I just found this, what does everyone think?

Footprints: Prankster or monster?

By Frank J. Giovinazzi

News-Post Staff

WAYNESBORO, Pa. — The footprints are there, deep in the muck on both sides of the creek.

They run for about 300 yards. There are 40 or more of them, said Mike Hilton, 28, of South Mountain.

"I was skeptical at first until I seen them," Mr. Hilton said Monday night as he led the way through the darkness into the Waynesboro Reservoir, to investigate the tracks left in the mud.

The footprints — if that's what they are — are about 13 inches long and 6 inches wide. They have a rounded heel like a human's, but spread out into what looks like a set of five dangerous claws.

They are sunk about 4 or 5 inches in the mud, indicating some weight was behind whatever made them. Mr. Hilton said they were discovered by his co-worker Steve Gates a few days ago.

Mr. Hilton won't venture to say what he thinks made the footprints — prankster or monster.

But, he said as he illuminated the tracks with a flashlight, "Tell me that ain't a big foot."

Deb Brownley, of Fairfield, Pa., was taking photos under the light.

"I'm a wildlife biology major and I've never seen anything like it," said Ms. Brownley.

"It's kind of almost looks like an ape's foot — only bigger," Mr. Hilton said.

Ms. Brownley was taking pictures of the prints that hadn't been tampered with, as well as those tracks that are filled with plaster.

Mr. Gates is making the plaster casts, in order to verify what he found, Mr. Hilton said. "If it was me, I'd make one just to say I saw it," he said. "I never seen anything like it before in my life," Mr. Hilton said.

Mr. Hilton said an investigator of unusual phenomena from the state of Washington has been called in and is expected to arrive within a few days.

Both Mr. Gates and Mr. Hilton are employees of Quebecor Printing in Fairfield.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• Homer

• Loonboy

• Althalus

[blue]I don't know where Waynesboro PA is, but I have it on good information that the Pacific North West area is HUGE and that it is entirely possible that a creature as large and widespread as the one reported as bigfoot COULD POSSIBLY exist. Why is it soooo unbelieveable to think that a hominid so far undiscovered could exist in our world? Maybe we should take stock of the evidence so far produced.

:sk

[/blue]

I lived in the Pacific Northwest for 20 years and grew up with Bigfoot stories. Only there they call them Sasquach. 9 of them 20 years I spent in a small town of maybe 100 people(no traffic lights, no store, no paved roads) about 30 miles from the nearest city. Every day I saw deer, mountain lion and bear tracks and see trees where bears like to use as scratching posts. I remember a lot of people believed in Sasquach and told stories and even claimed they "might have" seen them from time to time. As I got older, my belief has weakened only because of the lack of proof. No bodies, no bones, no camp sites, etc. Part of me still believes(or would like to believe), but I still need more proof to convince me. However, that's not to say I DON'T believe in them, it's just I need more evidense to convince me.

[glow=blue,2,300]Homer :sj

Loonboy,

Waynesboro is actually on the East Coast, not that far from Gettysburg in fact (referencing your post with the picture of the 'ghostly' horse). The area is nowhere near as remote as the Pacific Northwest and the chances of any animal, much less a bigfoot, remaining hidden for any period of time is improbable at best. Here's a little more information regarding the story;

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/display.cfm?storyid=18601

Magikman  :sg

• 1 year later...

I live about 30 miles south of this area and although I am not a big foot expert, I do know that it is a largely agricultural region that is quickly being turned into homes. I doubt a large ape could survive in this area for a long time without being spotted. Maybe it was a freakishly large amish person or something.