Photo

Political Correctness

Posted by Beckys_Mom , 12 March 2006 · 231 views

Yesterday I was singing a few nursery rhymes to my kid while sitting in the park next to other moms that where there with their kids and..one of the rhymes where.. - --
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall
Humpty Dumpty had a big fall
All the kings horses and all the kings men
Couldn't put Humpty together again
<--would break a kids heart blink.gif

When a lady, turned to me and said....."You should leave off the ending to the nursery rhyme, it might up set other kids that are listening"  I was like WTF?? (into myself of course) so I asked her what the big deal was, she said.... "It may make them cry thinking about poor humpty not being able to be put back together again"  I said..."no offence, but that's just being silly, it was good enough for us when we where kids and didn't upset us at all, so why would it upset a kid now?"  She tried to tell me that kids change....so What did BM do....I sang another nursery rhyme to Becky...it went like....

Baa Baa black sheep
have you any wool?
Yes sir yes sir, 3 bags full

One for the master,
One for the dame,
And one for the little boy
Who lives down the lane.

She turned to me again and said I was wrong and that the nursery rhyme was also offencive...I am now supposed to sing....Baa Baa RAINBOW sheep....ok that was enough for me I took Becky and went far away as possible blink.gif

I thought it was madness that people through out the UK and ireland where told that Christmas was offencive to their muslim community...but after reading a number of reports in newspapers and on line it is getting way out of hand and someone should put a stop to it

Few sourses to look at
http://www.takingaim.co.uk/?p=154

http://www.lauramidgley.com/your_stories.htm

It has gotten to a point that you cannot call a blackboard...blackboard...its now a chalkboard...not allowed to say you own a black car...you must say you own a colored car blink.gif
Playing pool...guess what..it's not the black ball anymore it's the colored ball...you hair is not black its really really dark dark brown...the list goes on...and kids todays heads are being filled with this nonsense
See it's ok to call something WHITE...but not black...even though a black guy would refer to himself as...a black guy..but if a white person says it..man are they in trooouuuubbllleeee blink.gif
It's all being well to let the colored folks have their say and get their way...but what about the white people..their rights to this issue is taken from them

If this keeps up sooner or later there will be some kind of war over this and people will demand to have their own rights...like they used to before this crap started...and if they don't...I wouldn't be surprised if a white v's blacks (coloured even) got into a war to try and ship them out of the country, and that wouldn't be fair...after all black, yellow  white ect used to be able to live without this hassle untill some punk decided to make things awkward, and yapped about such trivial nonsense and it soon spread...so now the white folks throughout the UK and Ireland have to watch what they say but the colored people don't blink.gif

I hate political correctness...
Oh my, did you read the whole thing about Gary Lineker? Political Correctness gone mad!
Baa Baa Rainbow sheep doesn't flow off the tongue too well. hmm.gif
QUOTE(star_child @ Mar 12 2006, 06:33 PM)

Oh my, did you read the whole thing about Gary Lineker? Political Correctness gone mad!

I don't recall why what happened??
This political correctness crap is ridiculous!!   mad.gif

Paranoid Android
Mar 13 2006 11:03 AM
Baa baa rainbow sheep have you any wool?

Yes sir or madam, 3 bags full.

It's discriminatory to the female's of our race to say Yes Sir!
Political correctness gone crazy yes.gif

Regards, PA
Blimey that is wacked...this feminist crap goes too far too...I mean on one of the links I provided there is a lil short story on a lil girl who saw the ice cream truck and said mommy mommy it's the ice cream man (gee I used to say that all the time) and her mom said...no sweetie its the ice cream man or woman blink.gif  rolleyes.gif
"Bah Bah Black sheep" is the only colour that would make sense, there is an actual meaning behind the word black in the rhyme (the rhyme originated from a place near France/Belgium where Black Sheep provided the best wool, or something like that), so changing the word makes the rhyme lose all meaning.

And also, Humpty Dumpty was actually a cannon which was deployed inside a castle atop a wall, I don't see why kids would be upset that the cannon couldn't be put back together. wink2.gif

The rhymes have been perfectly fine for generations, I find it impossible to believe that the kids are upset by it, and even if they are; that's only a result of the PC parents.

distortedpandy
Mar 13 2006 06:53 PM
I hate political correctness as well...

plus..over here - if you call something "colored" - christ, you better run for your life...
QUOTE(T-Nemesis @ Mar 13 2006, 06:49 PM)

"Bah Bah Black sheep" is the only colour that would make sense, there is an actual meaning behind the word black in the rhyme (the rhyme originated from a place near France/Belgium where Black Sheep provided the best wool, or something like that), so changing the word makes the rhyme lose all meaning.

And also, Humpty Dumpty was actually a cannon which was deployed inside a castle atop a wall, I don't see why kids would be upset that the cannon couldn't be put back together. wink2.gif

The rhymes have been perfectly fine for generations, I find it impossible to believe that the kids are upset by it, and even if they are; that's only a result of the PC parents.

I know believe me I know LOL....I wouldn't be surprised if some bedtime stories where banned.....like  - Little Red Ridding Hood..with the big bad wolf...and the teeth..all the better to eat you with....soon someone will say that would give a kid a nightmare blink.gif
Or hows about the nursery rhyme....

Little miss Muffet  sat on her tuffet
Eating her curds and whey
Along came a spider
And sat down beside her
And frightened miss Muffet away
!!!...........they just might bann that too incase some kids have arachnophobia  blink.gif  w00t.gif

QUOTE(distortedpandy @ Mar 13 2006, 06:53 PM)

I hate political correctness as well...

plus..over here - if you call something "colored" - christ, you better run for your life...

Blimey thats wacked...it's much easier to say....that black guy..than the colored guy...but no doubt they would prefer you to say...the African American guy....but it's ok for them to call themselves niggers and black guys not to mention refer to us as white folks yes.gif  blink.gif
Hmmm- well I think calling something Black or white should not matter.

Rainbow sheep. Ha ha. Tis not a good lyric.
I know..I mean we where able to do it for years so why change it now? blink.gif

Perfect Imperfection
Mar 15 2006 12:28 PM
Everything has gone mad, like Christmas lights now winter lights etc. I'm not racist but when you go over to another country you're supposed to respect there religion eg covering shoulders or legs in certain areas etc and yet over here we're having to change things to suit them. But when asked most people from another culture who live here don't care! They take the view that we're letting them into the country so they just go with the flow. Well most of them, as always (as in all cultures) there's the minority that want to kick up a fuss! It's the governments fault. What a change!

Paranoid Android
Mar 16 2006 01:31 PM
^^What do they call them in the Southern Hemisphere, when Christmas is summer time?  Seasonal lights wacko.gif

Did anyone ever see that episode of Desperate Housewives (early in season 1, I think) where Lynette was working on the school play with her children, and all the mother's are like, we're going to change the ending of LIttle Red Riding Hood because it's all mean and nasty?
:blink: We Americans slaughtered the English language alright. Many words like "Colored" has dropped the "U" between the "o" & "r" here. We know it isn't proper correct grammar in the English language as spoken in England or the UK. I don't believe the Oxford university or King's English is taught in Kindergarden or preschool yet.:lol:

My stepson starts to attend preschool in Sept. so I will keep an eye out on what he learns in class. He's probably gonna be taught to be "multiculti" due to his parents are (Dad: Anglo, French & Cherokee Indian; and Mom: Mexican, Filipino and Italian). Somehow his peers in class he'll attend in are a variety of races, faiths and cultures. He's not black/African-American, but will be treated like a minority person.

What happened on being American first? The USA needs to stop with this "NO religion-that is Christianity" and racialization nonsense. I know my stepson don't care what color you are...and he figured out a year ago about his baby brother came out of his mommy's tummy :yes:, but that hadn't scarred him either. I say the Humpty Dumpty rhyme change is a sick joke.+

Recent Comments