Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sadddams capture faked

kwai

Ex-Marine Says Public Version of Saddam Capture Fiction

United Press International

A former U.S. Marine who participated in capturing ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein said the public version of his capture was fabricated.

Ex-Sgt. Nadim Abou Rabeh, of Lebanese descent, was quoted in the Saudi daily al-Medina Wednesday as saying Saddam was actually captured Friday, Dec. 12, 2003, and not the day after, as announced by the U.S. Army.

"I was among the 20-man unit, including eight of Arab descent, who searched for Saddam for three days in the area of Dour near Tikrit, and we found him in a modest home in a small village and not in a hole as announced," Abou Rabeh said.

"We captured him after fierce resistance during which a Marine of Sudanese origin was killed," he said.

He said Saddam himself fired at them with a gun from the window of a room on the second floor. Then they shouted at him in Arabic: "You have to surrender. ... There is no point in resisting."

"Later on, a military production team fabricated the film of Saddam's capture in a hole, which was in fact a deserted well," Abou Rabeh said.

Abou Rabeh was interviewed in Lebanon.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Walken

• Stellar

• kwai

• Method

I agree with you et's daddy. There is much more propaganda to gain from the claim that it was faked than actually faking it. Even though I have no idea if what the ex-marine is saying is true, it sure leaves the taste of propaganda in my mouth.

One would think that Saddam would have mentioned that while he was recorded trashing talking the judge when he was arraigned. He said everything else.

what would be the point of the fake ?

519520[/snapback]

You tell me! grin2.gifgrin2.gif

Seems that the goverments responsible (both US and UK) have "shifted " the goal posts on so many issues it's hard to find the reasoning behind anything that's going on out there.

To try to demoralise the insurgents? To make sure SH doesnt become a martyr?

Seems that the goverments responsible (both US and UK) have "shifted " the goal posts on so many issues it's hard to find the reasoning behind anything that's going on out there.

That is very true, you really need a scorecard to keep up.

That said, I don't automatically believe everything any government says is a lie, nor do I automatically believe everything they say is the truth.

Something about that story just tripped my BS monitor. I believe this war on terror is a war of propaganda as much as a war of bullets, and have really tried to become a good propaganda judge.

Nobody is 100% objective, but it helps to at least try.

would seem to me he would have more success as a martyr if he was found in the hole

"poor fella, struggling to survive. hiding from the mean americans in a hole"

i think that would go farther in martyr circles then him being in a house

also as stated above why wouldnt he have said something about it when he had the chance

unless he is unaware of the hole story ? ? ?

To try to demoralise the insurgents? To make sure SH doesnt become a martyr?

519674[/snapback]

HMMMMM!!

What would the coalition rather the peolpe of Iraq and the insurgents see?

Saddam putting up a fight (and according to the Ex Marine it was quite ferocious) then being captured

Or Saddam the great leader cowering, afraid in a squalid little hole .

I was waiting for Stellar to debunk this. Seems like he actually strengthaned it grin2.gif

Great article.

I think it was faked, but there was always one line about the capture that made me giggle.

Marines burst through into the cave with guns pointed.

Saddam stands up.

"My name is saddam Hussein, and I want to negotiate." grin2.gif

I was waiting for Stellar to debunk this. Seems like he actually strengthaned it grin2.gif

Great article.

I think it was faked, but there was always one line about the capture that made me giggle.

Marines burst through into the cave with guns pointed.

Saddam stands up.

"My name is saddam Hussein, and I want to negotiate." grin2.gif

519692[/snapback]

"Sorry? Saddam Who?"

"Any I.D on ya?"

Personally i don't believe ANYONE until I see a BlockBusters Card

Conversely, it would suit those who manage propaganda for the insurgents to spread a story of the heroic Saddam resisting until the last minute.

This war is as much a war of propaganda as it is of bullets. The US always seemed to be overmatched in the propaganda campaign department, but we seem to be getting better; the capture could very well have been a propaganda move. The article by the ex-marine could also be a propaganda tactic. I believe anybody who believes the US is the only nation or group that uses propaganda has serious issues ;-)

The underlying issue really is that those who are predisposed to always believe the insurgents are going to believe the ex-marine's article, and those who are predisposed to always believe what the government says will believe the official story.

The rest of us who prefer to be objective will, even though we may have initial feelings, wait until more information comes out before we decide who to believe.

Conversely, it would suit those who manage propaganda for the insurgents to spread a story of the heroic Saddam resisting until the last minute.

This war is as much a war of propaganda as it is of bullets. The US always seemed to be overmatched in the propaganda campaign department, but we seem to be getting better; the capture could very well have been a propaganda move. The article by the ex-marine could also be a propaganda tactic. I believe anybody who believes the US is the only nation or group that uses propaganda has serious issues ;-)

[COLOR=red]I do have SERIOUS issues.They have nothing to do with the US and everything to do with my parents. grin2.gif

The underlying issue really is that those who are predisposed to always believe the insurgents are going to believe the ex-marine's article, and those who are predisposed to always believe what the government says will believe the official story.

Both sides lie.No disputing that fact .We expect the insurgents to lie to further their cause.

But the fact is the Coalition told the BIGGEST LIE FIRST.

The lie that took us into the war

This is what sticks in the mind of most people.Our Own goverment lied to us.People we elected into a position of trust.Most of whom campainged on how "honest" and "Trustworthy" they are.

by lieing and being exposed they effectivley marked their copy book so regardless of what ever they release as infomation even if it's 100% true we will question and look for an alternative view.

"

The rest of us who prefer to be objective will, even though we may have initial feelings, wait until more information comes out before we decide who to believe.

519707[/snapback]

By your own admission the infomation is propaganda.So you are forming an opinion on half truths and lies

Edited by kwai

You know, at the time, I did think (and I'm sure I posted on the boards) that this conversation...

"My name is saddam Hussein, and I want to negotiate."

"President Bush sends his regards."

Sounded like a propoganda fabrication to me...whether the capture itself was I don't know, but I'm fairly certain that this conversation simply never took place...

Me neither.

I HIGHLY doubt a they'd say that,

I believe the marine because Sherman Skolnick.com had an article that appeared during the first three months of the invasion of Iraq and reported that Saddam had already been captured and was being held at a farm in Tikrit. He was being interrogated by the CIA and this process included two weeks of being buried alive, re-interrogated, and buried again. I could never find that posting again but then I'm not that good at search and find. I do remember that it was on Sherman Skolnick who also was the first person to uncover Sandra Levy's Mossad connection. Anyway I think the truth will out and it will not be close to the official version. The Chimp will be exposed !!!!

There would be no motivation to fake a Saddam capture, we would gain nothing.

There would be no motivation to fake a Saddam capture, we would gain nothing.

523344[/snapback]

Actually, as I've mentioned, there was motivation, and there was something to gain.

Wait a minute...

Does Stellar...beleive something?

*quiver

Wait a minute...

Does Stellar...beleive something?

*quiver

Not necessairly in this. Im not gonna take sides on this, I'm pretty much on the fence... but people are claiming there'd be no motive for staging in, but there would be one.

Yeah, I can see Stella's point. It would boost confidence a lot more if they found him cowering in a spider-hole than if he was in a shoot-out. There's an archive on the theory at prisonplanet.com if you're interested. Most of his stuff links to mainstream news articles, he just lumps it all together and sometimes builds what I would call far out conclusions from them.

As strange as it may sound I actually feel David Icke talks much more sense.hmm.gif

I already posted this before but I thought I would post it again for all those who missed it last time.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/121803spiderhole101.html

Might as well post this aswell for anyone who's interested.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/archive_Saddam_capture.html

Intresting, what I want to know is why so many people believe the government is constatnly lyling to them. I do not believe they would fake it and saddamm being invovled in a shoot-out would not be probable since he was on the run for so many weeks before.

Good read read Chris

Yeah, I can see Stella's point.

Is there someway to make the "r" in my name bigger, so that everyone could see?

I do not believe they would fake it and saddamm being invovled in a shoot-out would not be probable since he was on the run for so many weeks before.

His sons went out in a fight, they were on the run too. If Saddam was on the run for weeks, why would that mean he wouldnt want to fight to stay on the run away from the US?

Why do people just repeat what you say and never listen? :@

saddam was a typical bully

yes he seemed powerful and full of confidence when in power

but most bullies will cower in a corner when you stand up to them

it's easy to push over old ladies and unarmed men when you have an army behind you