Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best Attributes For Winning A Fight?

Solofront

Best Attributes For Winning A Fight?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think Is The Best Attribute For Winning A Fight?

• Strength
    • Height
    • Number Of Opponents
    • Number Of Back-Ups (Friends)
    • Fighting Skill
    • Clothing (Shorts, Pants, Jeans, ect...)
    • Other

One of the best fights I have ever seen, and I have seen alot.

http://www.fightclubvideos.com/video125.html

Explain what choice you picked and why you picked it, if you want of course. :tu:

I picked fighting skill;

First off, just watch the video on the link...lol Mike kicked some serious buTT.

:yes:

Edited by Solofront

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darkknight

• rocky4

• Mr Ed

• Bahamut_0

Skill, you can be the size of a house with stock in steriods and still get your **** kicked by some small guy that knows how to fight.

Edited by __Kratos__

I witnessed some fights that were dandies and all I have to say is . . . it's all about 'Skill'.

I almost picked Fighting Skills. But I decided that I'd choose Other.

Too win a fight what you need is speed. Fighting Skill goes without saying, but if you're slow, you're going to get hammered.

skills, guts and quick thinking...

been in lots of fights(with known and unknowns), its like a second nature and with martial arts background in judo, jeet kwan-do, ninjutsu, tai chi... it teaches you to maintain calmness in face of danger...

Fighting skill with out a doubt, but with a little cunning as well.

Lol, who voted for number of back-ups?

Edited by Bahamut_0

Perhaps the people who are choosing "fighting skill" think everyone out there is Bruce Lee or something....because unless you're Bruce Lee, all the skill in the world isn't going to help you very much against an opponent who's twice your size. Knowing how to hit won't do much good if you're simply not physically capable of hitting him hard enough to hurt him.

Skill is very much a deciding factor against an opponent of similar physical abilities to yourself...however, you're honestly kidding yourself if you think a whippet who thinks he knows kung fu could take on a three hundred pound man just because "he's got skills!" Fighting skill is only a balancing factor in such a scenario if (as with the Bruce Lee example) your skills genuinly are at the higher end of the spectrum.

I want to choose "Access to nuclear arms"... :(

Um, I agree with Sera.... But this is kinda hypothetical.... So to win a fight, in any context, you need to have the balance in your favour... somehow.

In Reply To Seraphina

I disagree, my mates daughter is 5ft and about 7stone dripping wet, I'm 6ft and 16stone not all of it fat I might add. She came fourth in the european Karate Championships recently, if she can get a hold on me wether my wrist or ankle, I'm done for trust me. She uses my weight against me. Its easy when you know how, trouble is I dont know how. :no

Edited by Welsh Shaun

She came fourth in the european Karate Championships recently

Did the part where I said "high end of the spectrum" just...go right over people's heads?

In any case, it's hardly a fair example...have you ever genuinly set out to hurt this girl in one of your wrestling matches? I imagine not. In a genuine tooth and nail fight, I have just a sneaking suspicion that one hit from you and she'd go down and probably never get back up.

got to agree with welsh here, in real combat the person who years of training will win against a heavyweight, still the underweight has to be quick and forceful, but the outcome is based on hit the points-in body which make person hurt.

Edited by darkknight

You might not think it is a fair example but trust me you dont realise how hard it is to get close to some one like that in order to hurt them.

Lol surely is is backup.

You may be an expert and world champion in a fighting skill or technique e.g. karate or kickboxing, but if the person you were attacking had 20 friends then you would die.

Backup all the way unless the other person has a weapon.

This choice is proved by the chav situation in England.

You may be big, you may be fat, but if a chav and their gang attacks you then you go splat.

well said mr ed ... but what if a person has defeated chain gangs with weapons alone....and won.

Edited by darkknight

Then you just bundle them. One person with a chain and karate skills is no match for 20 people running and screaming at them from all sides and jumping on them and then punching them into the ground.

Fighting isn't like in films where a group of 20 attacks one person with one or two people at a time lol.

No. 20 people who were willing to put their lives on their friend, no time for backing off if they are all running madly, screaming, as fast as they can and jumping on the man, at the same time. There is no possible way he could win unless he had a machine gun or something.

the madder the 20 ppl are the better..its very easy to use them to ur advantage, a head on head isnt the smartest way to tackle this(read the first post.. outsmart alone with skills) but kill the first few that' gonna make them think and the running will stop. thats human nature. then take them one at time...its the oldest samurai techique...mr ed...you not into martial art...are you?