Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

i believe i have video of a ghost....

Javier

i dont know if anybody is familiar with the sylvia likens story....she was a young girl who was tortured and then killed back around 1965 on the eastside of indianapolis.....the movies an american crime and the girl next door were about her

well i videotaped the house, posted it on youtube.....somebody pointed out to me that around 40-45 seconds, the upper left window has a figure in it of some kind, and the shades are pulled up

now, this house was COMPLETELY SEALED when we filmed this, because we checked that......i guess it could be a squatter in the house somehow, the neighborhood is rough (i have lived there for 10 years) but i just dont see how anybody could of gotten into the house

heres the video + a stillscreen shot

http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m7dgn8&s=4

serious comments only please....i have become obsessed with this house....about a week ago i drove past it at around 4:30 AM, and as i turned east onto new york street i looked in my rearview mirror and i could of swore i saw a face in the window and the window open....i cut thru an alley and drove back to the house, and the window was shut (i have it all on tape, just havent posted it yet)

i have always believed in spirits, but was never all that interested in it until learning about the case, because the house is only about a mile away from me

please give me your input...

1 thing i definitely think is worth mentioning: the window in question at 43 seconds is the room where her body was found and where a good amount of the torturing was done

Edited by Javier

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Javier

• Radian

• JustNormal

• Nile_Shaman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i don't know if anybody is familiar with the sylvia likens story....she was a young girl who was tortured and then killed back around 1965 on the eastside of indianapolis.....the movies an american crime and the girl next door were about her

well i videotaped the house, posted it on youtube.....somebody pointed out to me that around 40-45 seconds, the upper left window has a figure in it of some kind, and the shades are pulled up

now, this house was COMPLETELY SEALED when we filmed this, because we checked that......i guess it could be a squatter in the house somehow, the neighborhood is rough (i have lived there for 10 years) but i just dont see how anybody could of gotten into the house

serious comments only please....i have become obsessed with this house....about a week ago i drove past it at around 4:30 AM, and as i turned east onto new york street i looked in my rearview mirror and i could of swore i saw a face in the window and the window open....i cut thru an alley and drove back to the house, and the window was shut (i have it all on tape, just havent posted it yet)

i have always believed in spirits, but was never all that interested in it until learning about the case, because the house is only about a mile away from me

two options:

you either obessed because you have nothing else to do with your time OR

you have a past time memory you may have been that little girl and now you going back to learn more about your past OR been involved in this case somehow

each of these 3 options need some careful consideration from your behalf, research topped with a possible past life regression

two options:

you either obessed because you have nothing else to do with your time OR

you have a past time memory you may have been that little girl and now you going back to learn more about your past OR been involved in this case somehow

each of these 3 options need some careful consideration from your behalf, research topped with a possible past life regression

please dont judge me like that for real....i live a mile from the house and i drive alot....dont tell me i have too much time on my hands cuz i work 60 hours a week and have a daughter

I also noticed the courtains getting pulled at 0:43, which is kind of weird. Can you think of anyway it might be possible to get inside? are there any opening on the second floor where wind might be blowing at the courtains?

i dont know if anybody is familiar with the sylvia likens story....she was a young girl who was tortured and then killed back around 1965 on the eastside of indianapolis.....the movies an american crime and the girl next door were about her

omg

i aswell noticed the windows curtain gets opened at 43 and again at 47

man thats creepy

if that's your music playing towards the end, let me be the first to commend you for your excellent taste :D

Should I stay or should I go.... maybe that's what the girl ghost is thinking? :P

as for the curtains, could be just the reflection of a tree or something? played it back 2-3 times to see and it didn't seem "unatural" IMO

edit, again:

after viewing it 4-5 times I really can't tell. there didn't seem to be any kind of tree close by that would give that kind of reflection. but there seemed to be something in the window earlier as well.

Edited by Prawus

Until you figure out what it is thats drawing you to this event you probably wont get peace, but I would be careful with this one, if its the ghost attached to you, remember you have a young daughter she(the spirit) may seek safety with you because I feel you being drawn to her probably means your sensitive to spirits. They know when someone can pick up their vibrations, you should not let her attach to you, you are alive with home and family she is dead and needs to move on. You can bring things home with you and put your baby at risk. Sounds ominous but its not, just let her go this is not a good thing.

Before I read the comments I watched the video. At 43 seconds or so I clearly see something in the left top window, but its so fast, and the film maker is all over the place, its hard to tell and the still shot is too small to see. It is obviously very windy so not sure if that played a factor or not. If it has plywood on the windows, its not "completely" sealed. In any case, yes I did see it, but I cannot tell what it is..JN

Don't feel bad about your "obsession" or people who make fun of it. Back when I was still in high school, I got to sit in a courtroom murder trial to observe, for a course in the legal system. It was a horrible murder, victim stabbed 50-some times, for nothing, really. I'd never seen pictures like that and never imagined such a thing in my comparatively sheltered life to that point. I'd also never heard of the crime in the papers.

It really haunted me until I drove to the location it occurred at and just parked the car and looked across the street at it, trying to grasp why someone would do that to another person, and feeling bad for everyone.

In hindsight, it was sort of grappling with the reality of violence and madness Out There Somewhere for the first time and beginning to question what we're really capable of, inside.

I didn't become a wierdo for it. I went on to become a career cop, and never lost my wondering about people and myself. The victim in this case left me forever with a deep compassion for the weak and helpless in our society.

That process is what I think you are dealing with from a different perspective - you're not as naive as I was back then (1977) - but it is similar, and this house and the memory of Sylvia is simply part of your processing. That she MIGHT HAVE peeked out to let you know she remembers, too, just puts a spin on it :). The old man butchered in his small used car lot office trying to escape from a murderous maniac in my case never did.

There may have been a vagrant or stray cat or similar in the house, but it's fun to just wonder about the window and let it be what it is, I think. I'd be very interested in hearing or seeing further adventures or findings about the house you may have.

Oh, and yeah, your taste in music really rocks B)

NS

I spotted this:

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Which could easily be someone running to (then away) from the window. Looks like someone in a dark blue or black T-shirt, and his left arm, curved at the elbow, in a jogging motion. If you watch from 1:17 to 1:18 and loop it, you can easily see it's someone jogging to and away from the window. It's easier to see in motion, than from stills taken from the video (it's poor quality.) But its enough to show what I'm seeing.

So, I'm gonna have to call Shenanigans on this one.

-Akaebeel

hi...i am dissapointed that people would judge you to have to much time on your hands, i totally disagree. there are paranormal experts out there, that make a living out of this, if this is your hobbie or you enjoy investing these types of things then good luck to you!!!

i am very interested in this video i would like to low the footeage down and zoom in the window of the house.

dont worry what other people say about , you some people are very opinionated.

good luck with the video!

danni. :D

Don't feel bad about your "obsession" or people who make fun of it. Back when I was still in high school, I got to sit in a courtroom murder trial to observe, for a course in the legal system. It was a horrible murder, victim stabbed 50-some times, for nothing, really. I'd never seen pictures like that and never imagined such a thing in my comparatively sheltered life to that point. I'd also never heard of the crime in the papers.

It really haunted me until I drove to the location it occurred at and just parked the car and looked across the street at it, trying to grasp why someone would do that to another person, and feeling bad for everyone.

In hindsight, it was sort of grappling with the reality of violence and madness Out There Somewhere for the first time and beginning to question what we're really capable of, inside.

I didn't become a wierdo for it. I went on to become a career cop, and never lost my wondering about people and myself. The victim in this case left me forever with a deep compassion for the weak and helpless in our society.

That process is what I think you are dealing with from a different perspective - you're not as naive as I was back then (1977) - but it is similar, and this house and the memory of Sylvia is simply part of your processing. That she MIGHT HAVE peeked out to let you know she remembers, too, just puts a spin on it :). The old man butchered in his small used car lot office trying to escape from a murderous maniac in my case never did.

There may have been a vagrant or stray cat or similar in the house, but it's fun to just wonder about the window and let it be what it is, I think. I'd be very interested in hearing or seeing further adventures or findings about the house you may have.

Oh, and yeah, your taste in music really rocks B)

NS

i really appreciate it and i can see why you would be so interested in that case....this case interests me because it happened in my neighborhood, where i have lived since i was a young child......i used to live on the same street as this house sits on, denny st., about 3 blocks down.....i could of walked there in 3 minutes from that house.......growing up i have always heard stories and rumors about the house, but just recently became interested in it (from very weird circumstances i might add)

by the way, im not saying for sure i think it was sylvia or any other spirit, but it is definitely a possibility to me.....and i know that plywood isnt impossible to get through, but thats just the thing, there was no plywood pealed back or broken off, which i see alot of times in boarded up houses that squatters or copper thefts have to to

and about the camera movements....it is shaky because i was holding it down near my waist, there were alot of people out and i didnt want to attract attention and have people staring at us while filming the house....i held it low at my waist while walking across the backyard (empty lot) area...

and yes......the clash rocks lol

I spotted this:

Which could easily be someone running to (then away) from the window. Looks like someone in a dark blue or black T-shirt, and his left arm, curved at the elbow, in a jogging motion. If you watch from 1:17 to 1:18 and loop it, you can easily see it's someone jogging to and away from the window. It's easier to see in motion, than from stills taken from the video (it's poor quality.) But its enough to show what I'm seeing.

-Akaebeel

I saw it too and dismissed it as a reflection of a cloud :)

I spotted this:

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

-Akaebeel

what do you mean by shenanigans? only 1 other person has suggested that we staged this.....i dont really see how it could be staged, the house is boarded up and has been for a long time.....although i would love to go inside the house, that was not the case

I saw it too and dismissed it as a reflection of a cloud :)

I had actually thought of this too. But I have this habit of replaying every few seconds of footage many times over, (Something I picked up by pouring over evidence like this) but it seems, to me, more of an arm in a t-shirt than reflection of a cloud.

what do you mean by shenanigans? only 1 other person has suggested that we staged this.....i dont really see how it could be staged, the house is boarded up and has been for a long time.....although i would love to go inside the house, that was not the case

Might not be intentionally staged. Someone might of found their way into the house. Abandoned houses that are boarded up tend not to be a formidable obstacle to those that want inside the place. I grew up in an area with a several abandoned, boarded up and other wise dilapidated houses. It didn't keep the local kids out of it. And later on, it didn't keep novice ghost hunters out.

So, while it may seem unlikely to you that someone could of gotten in, it'd be wise to at least keep that possibility in mind. When it comes to viewing videos like this (but "ghost hunting" in general), it's usually safer to adopt a "I want to believe" philosophy, while at the same time, trying to/keep in mind that there might be other explanations to what happened, that isn't "paranormal"/"supernatural"/"insertyourtermhere"

I just noticed that as they approach the house at 24 seconds, it appears the window is open, then closed again. Not sure what that indicates..Anyone else notice it? JN

I had actually thought of this too. But I have this habit of replaying every few seconds of footage many times over, (Something I picked up by pouring over evidence like this) but it seems, to me, more of an arm in a t-shirt than reflection of a cloud.

Might not be intentionally staged. Someone might of found their way into the house. Abandoned houses that are boarded up tend not to be a formidable obstacle to those that want inside the place. I grew up in an area with a several abandoned, boarded up and other wise dilapidated houses. It didn't keep the local kids out of it. And later on, it didn't keep novice ghost hunters out.

So, while it may seem unlikely to you that someone could of gotten in, it'd be wise to at least keep that possibility in mind. When it comes to viewing videos like this (but "ghost hunting" in general), it's usually safer to adopt a "I want to believe" philosophy, while at the same time, trying to/keep in mind that there might be other explanations to what happened, that isn't "paranormal"/"supernatural"/"insertyourtermhere"

i appreciate and respect your opinion....and i must not of made it clear that it is a possiblity in my mind that is is just a person.....like i said there are many boarded up houses in the area, we even checked specifically to see if there was any way we could get in and we couldnt.....

1 other thing....im not even sure if i believe in ghosts/spirits yet.......i always kind of have but at the same time havent, only because i had never experienced it for myself

and 1 other thing.....this video was NOT made in any way shape or form as a ghosthunting expedition.....it was made for some people on youtube and other websites interested in the sylvia likens story that requested a short video of the house......i think we made the video about a month ago, and i never thought we captured anything ghostly in it until about 4 days ago when somebody pointed out the figure in the window at 43 seconds.....the one at 1:18 looks like it could be a cloud or some kind of reflection of something......but im not even sure about that one

1 thing i definitely think is worth mentioning: the window in question at 43 seconds is the room where her body was found and where a good amount of the torturing was done*********

Edited by Javier

I replayed it several times as well, and saw nothing but a cloud :)

depends on how you look at it I guess.

The curtains are drawn open at :43 and :47 but closed in between.

IMO, at 1:17-1:18, someone is walking in front of the oposite window.

Paranormal? Or just squaters? Too hard to tell but someone was following the camera man from the house.

Here is a little video about Sylvia Likens:

Sylvia Likens

Also a wiki:

Sylvia Likens 2

Very sad how so people are just rabid animals. They should be put down as such.

.edit to add video.

Edited by ODIN-X

I spotted the figure in the window quite easily. I thought it looked male, however. It is possible to get into a house like that without disturbing the plywood. Climb on top of the porch and go through one of those windows (where the figure was seen). Those old windows are pretty easy to jimmy open. So, while the figure in the window is pretty creepy, I think it's squatters.

Ok ,so I watched this a few times and the shades and curtains in the video are in differant positions on the house at differant times in the footage.At the 45 second mark the cutains do move.At the 116 mark there is clearly someone who walks by the window.It is not clouds,or anyother reflectio, and is clearly inside the house.It does look like the arm of someone, and the motion is way too fast for a reflection of a cloud.IMO there is someone in that house, I would stake the house out for a few days and see if anyone comes or goes.It seemed to me that who ever was in there, was concerned about your presence, especially if they were not supposed to be there in the first place.It seemed as If they followed you while you were walking around the place.

QUOTE (jonny b @ Jul 12 2008, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok ,so I watched this a few times and the shades and curtains in the video are in differant positions on the house at differant times in the footage.At the 45 second mark the cutains do move.At the 116 mark there is clearly someone who walks by the window.It is not clouds,or anyother reflectio, and is clearly inside the house.It does look like the arm of someone, and the motion is way too fast for a reflection of a cloud.IMO there is someone in that house, I would stake the house out for a few days and see if anyone comes or goes.It seemed to me that who ever was in there, was concerned about your presence, especially if they were not supposed to be there in the first place.It seemed as If they followed you while you were walking around the place.

yea....thats a weird feelings knowing that we were being watched by someone or somethin the whole time

Here is Court TV's (now Trutv) Crime Library story on Sylvia Likens

I couldnt even bring myself to read all that. That poor child OMG..That so called woman was an evil monster!!! OMG..These things make me sick..JN :cry:

please dont judge me like that for real....i live a mile from the house and i drive alot....dont tell me i have too much time on my hands cuz i work 60 hours a week and have a daughter

i dont make any jugdment you want people's opinions and i have given you two to choose which one you like...cheers