Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Transgender 6 Yr. Old?

susieice

If she wants to be a he, let him.

Now it is time to start humming the bass line to "Walk on the Wild Side" .

• Like 1

Nature vs nurture....never ends. Are we a product of our environment? In which case, maybe the Fox affiliate was right to mention that the child's parents are both men. Of course, I think that bit's irrelevant, but never let the media not stir the pot with lines like:

But it has made some people wonder if a gay couple influenced a child to be transgender.
They're just asking questions, after all.
  • Like 1

I highly expect the parents too. Could the lack of a female role model in the home have a lot to do with this? How self aware, much less sexually aware is a 6 yr. old? Are they really old enough to make a determination like this?

It should be a relatively easy question to answer, if a credible source studied it.

Six year old kids are aware the differences between the sexes, that's for sure. And I'd suspect a six year old could suspect as much, even if they can't verbalize it. When I was six, I was into Batman, cowboys and Indians, and all manner of "boy" games. I knew that dolls were for girls, and I didn't want dolls. I'm sure I couldn't have expressed why in any meaningful way, it was just what I liked.

Same with this kid. How would the parents influence the kid anyway? Often, kids will rebel if say, a boy is forced to dress like a girl (especially at a first grade age --- he's not an infant who can't talk).

ETA: if the lack of a female role model in the home did this, then why isn't Ben Carson gay or transgender? Didn't he grow up without a father? Or choose any man who grew up with a single mother and is straight. I'm saying the argument that growing up in a one gender household doesn't make one gay or transgender.

Edited by Leo Krupe
  • Like 5

Why is this child so sexually aware at the age of 6? Gotta ask the questions.

Yeah, I was a real tomboy at that age but the question if I was a boy in a girl's body was never considered. I grew out of it, sort of. After all, my husband and I do have a welding shop where I do "man's work". It seems as if sometimes these ideas are planted in the kid's minds.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 8

Yeah, I was a real tomboy at that age but the question if I was a boy in a girl's body was never considered. I grew out of it, sort of. After all, my husband and I do have a welding shop where I do "man's work". It seems as if sometimes these ideas are planted in the kid's minds.

I grew up with 5 big brothers and played baseball basketball roller skated and went to stock car races. I also played with dolls, but never questioned my gender much less my sexuality. Didn't cross my mind until I got quite a bit older. I was a kid! I played with everyone on the block really.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 6

If she wants to be a he, let him.

Now it is time to start humming the bass line to "Walk on the Wild Side" .

What do they even mean "treat her like a boy"? She's 6, the only difference between kids at that age are their clothes, toys and which bathroom they use in public. That's it.

Kids can be dressed however their parents want so that probably wasn't the issue. I also find it unlikely the employees were forcing the girl to play with Barbie dolls while taking away G.I. Joe's, so toys weren't an issue. Did the parents make a fuss because she was being directed to the little girls room instead of the boys room?

There isn't any information given about anything so it's kind of hard to know what, if anything, was even done wrong.

• Like 4

Kids play together. They play with whatever toys are available. Girls played with balls and boys played hopscotch when I was in first grade. No one was aware of a sexual difference. We were just boys and girls. I just find it disturbing that this child is aware of her body in a way she shouldn't be until she is much more mature than just out of kindergarten, you know what I mean? How can she determine her sexuality for life at such a young age on her own? Kids are a lot more knowledgable now than they were when I was young but still. I can't remember anyone even thinking about that at that age.

• Like 4

Somehow I get the suspicion that some are stretching this issue to children so as to find a way to persecute transsexuals, just as they use to do with homosexuals.

• Like 1

I have taught a child who is, we're told, transgendered.

She wore the female school uniform, went in "the girls line" used the girls loo (with the caveat there had to be no other girls in the toilets at the time, otherwise it was the unisex loo) etc etc.

The only people who had no problem with it were the kids. So what is X had a penis, she was a girl as far as they were concerned.

I do believe she has just graduated high school.

• Like 4

So little information its hard to say but I find it hard to believe a 6 year old would decide this all by themselves. I hoped to find out what brought them to this conclusion that she is a boy trapped in a girls body. Being raised by two men you really have to wonder if they did influence this. Kids are impressionable.

• Like 4

Somehow I get the suspicion that some are stretching this issue to children so as to find a way to persecute transsexuals, just as they use to do with homosexuals.

Transexual and homosexual are words used to denote a person's sexual preferences. I agree the use of the word transgender is out of line when referring to a child of that age. So what if she wears pants and teeshirts. I'm sure this school isn't requiring her to wear frilly little dresses. When I'm not at work, I live in jeans and sweatshirts. It's been awhile since I went somewhere that I wore a dress. That doesn't make me a transvestite nor does anyone call me that. The remarks made about this little girl are not referring to a dress code or what she plays with. It leads one to believe this child is capable of having a sexual preference that goes way beyond her years.

• Like 5

It is obvious that people who are psychologically one sex and physically the other are going to be that way as part of their inherent nature, and it will therefore manifest very early. This is just something people will have to realize and not be shocked by, and not create all sorts of issues about (the bathroom business for example). I would agree that nothing should be done hormonally, let alone surgically, until the individual is fully adult, but at the same time the kid should be left to his or her own resources and not "guided," as such guidance might go against their nature and hence do harm.

• Like 2

I mean I have a cousin who is only 8 and identifies are a boy, despite being born a girl. So I personally don't think it is that far off to say a 6 year old could possibly think the same. Plus my cousin has both a mom and dad, while also having an older brother and younger sister. So there isn't that possible influence of homosexual parents upon him.

Plus I mean maybe he is just extremely tomboy like and the parents don't want the school to force him to act more girly just so he 'fits' in with how things are seen in our society. I mean honestly, everything needs to be so black and white for majority of people, when in truth the world is no where near that..

• Like 3

I don't think we should be labeling young children at all. It isn't unusual for girls to relate to boys. Tomboy is an expression that's been used for decades for girls like that, but it isn't until a child's sexuality awakens at the onset of puberty that anyone can know anything for sure. A lot of girls grow up to do the "guy" things they like to do. They become athletes, hunters, hikers, etc, but that doesn't make them "transgendered". The same is true of boys who grow up to be cooks, designers, etc. They don't all grow up to be transgendered or homosexual. A child can learn to live up to the "title" they're given when they're young. Let nature take it's course, I agree, but don't encourage or label one way or the other. What will be, will be.

• Like 7

So we're going to pretend that it's just a coincidence that the parents are gay?

Gay parents would realize it and not go into denial, and with all the gay parents out there now it's bound to happen a few times. You seem biased against gay parents and to buy the idea that parenting makes a difference. Believe me if parenting made a difference there would be no gays.

Transexual and homosexual are words used to denote a person's sexual preferences.

quick note: the term transsexual has nothing to do with a person's sexual preference. it's about identity.

I officially give up on the world. There is no hope for humanity.

Don't despair. The vociferous minority is heard more than the silent majority, but our voices soon will be heard. Money talks. Don't purchase or support products and programs that insult and oppose your values or views.

• Like 1

I don't think we should be labeling young children at all. It isn't unusual for girls to relate to boys. Tomboy is an expression that's been used for decades for girls like that, but it isn't until a child's sexuality awakens at the onset of puberty that anyone can know anything for sure. A lot of girls grow up to do the "guy" things they like to do. They become athletes, hunters, hikers, etc, but that doesn't make them "transgendered". The same is true of boys who grow up to be cooks, designers, etc. They don't all grow up to be transgendered or homosexual. A child can learn to live up to the "title" they're given when they're young. Let nature take it's course, I agree, but don't encourage or label one way or the other. What will be, will be.

I agree with that. However, there is an agenda to normalize abnormal behavior and lifestyles. This same propaganda is used to marginalize people with traditional beliefs. That might sound crazy to many people, but it's impossible for me to deny it without lying. Entertainment and news are used to brainwash and indoctrinate people. This is nothing new, and varied political groups do it, but it's gotten worse since 2010. The self-described tolerant push the agenda, and they're anything but tolerant when it comes to individuals with opposing views. I think that adults, of sound mind, should live as they wish as long as they don't infringe upon the rights of other people. That's tolerance, not acceptance. Progressives demonize all individuals who disagree with anything connected to dogmatized homosexual and transgender ideologies. Even "live and let live" isn't enough for the zealots. You're either with them on all things, or you're against them on all things.

• Like 9

Abnormal behaviour?

What, like marrying outside your race?

Like letting girls get an education?

• Like 2