Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lost Continents

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:17 AM

I never claimed dinosaurs and mankind co-habitated the earth, this was something claimed by the person who started this thread, and apparently involved "Atlantis".

I stated that if "real", dragons can only be some kind of supernatural entity so to not to have left physical traces of their existence.  They cannot be compared to any other "legendary creature" for no other such creature has been so universally believed to exist by virtually every world culture.  There is no more physical proof for their existence than that of any God, but if Gods are real, dragon's most certainly must be, for belief in them was far more universal than that of any single God or religion.

#32    Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

• "Feed on your nothing and you'll never live up to me."

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:28 AM

Well, I have to say, I'm not doubting you, DC. You've been one of the more interesting people in this debate. I'm not sure who you were directing that correction to about "Atlantis".

I still dont' see how this person can use evidence of dragons to ultimately be evidence of Atlantis, though.

Posted Image

#33    etvisitor7

etvisitor7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:30 PM

Author Herbie Brennan writes in "Martian Genesis" (1998): "California and France have respectively provided neolith and paleolith finds dating all the way back to the early Miocene (Age). The paleoliths are at least 20 million years old. Interestingly, the more advanced neoliths are even older, somewhere in excess of 23 million years.
   The curiosity of more sophisticated tools at an earlier Age (of very ancient history) begins to form a pattern as you push back even further. Three different kinds of paleoliths from Belgium have a minimum dating of 26 million years ago, placing them firmly in an even earlier geological time period, the Oligocene.
   A human skeleton, anatomically identical to Homo sapiens, discovered at Table Mountain, California, is at least 33 million years old, as are neoliths and a carved stone from the same site. Here again, the older artifacts are the more highly developed. It's almost as if human skills peaked at some time in the very distant past and then gradually degenerated.
   ....A human skeleton has been found in Switzerland dating from the remote Eocene (Age), its age estimated between 38 and 45 million years..... France has yielded up eoliths, paleoliths, cut wood and even a chalk ball, the MINIMUM ages of which range from 45 to 50 million years."

All of the above data makes it far more likely that humanity coexisted with dinosaurs and had also developed an advanced society on the lost continents of Lemuria and Atlantis.

Limitless, undying love which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on and across the universe. We'll all shine on like the moon and the stars and the Sun. My mother was of the sky, my father is of the earth, and I am of the Universe, and you know what it's worth. There are UFOs over New York, and I'm not at all surprised!---John Lennon.

#34    DemonWatcher

DemonWatcher

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

• I am a Watcher who must endure, in order to see I must abide by the laws of time.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:38 AM

Author Herbie Brennan writes in "Martian Genesis" (1998): "California and France have respectively provided neolith and paleolith finds dating all the way back to the early Miocene (Age). The paleoliths are at least 20 million years old. Interestingly, the more advanced neoliths are even older, somewhere in excess of 23 million years.
   The curiosity of more sophisticated tools at an earlier Age (of very ancient history) begins to form a pattern as you push back even further. Three different kinds of paleoliths from Belgium have a minimum dating of 26 million years ago, placing them firmly in an even earlier geological time period, the Oligocene.
   A human skeleton, anatomically identical to Homo sapiens, discovered at Table Mountain, California, is at least 33 million years old, as are neoliths and a carved stone from the same site. Here again, the older artifacts are the more highly developed. It's almost as if human skills peaked at some time in the very distant past and then gradually degenerated.
   ....A human skeleton has been found in Switzerland dating from the remote Eocene (Age), its age estimated between 38 and 45 million years..... France has yielded up eoliths, paleoliths, cut wood and even a chalk ball, the MINIMUM ages of which range from 45 to 50 million years."

All of the above data makes it far more likely that humanity coexisted with dinosaurs and had also developed an advanced society on the lost continents of Lemuria and Atlantis.

I hate to say this, that is not proof, evidence like this has been showing up for years, between 33 and 7 million years ago there hundreds of species or sub-species of ape all  over the world, some where found to be bipedal others were quadripedal, whaht you state is most likely credible but that does not prove humans were around with the dinos.

I am a Watcher by birth, and so it should not surprise any when my observations are truthful.

History is where you confuse the long since deceased
And irritate the h**l out of the living.~ Golden Hawk

#35    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,321 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:01 PM

Anyone can write whatever they want in a book.  Without reference to papers written by those who excavated these finds - and, indeed, the names of the relevant paleaontologists involved - it's completely meaningless.

I'm not saying he made it up.  He probably just read it in another book who's author got it from another book who's author did make it up and/or misinterpret what was actually found.  Bit like those mythical flash frozen mammoths that no-one ever found....

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#36    Hmm

Hmm

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Prove it.....with FACTS!

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:01 PM

There are so many errors in your statements I don't even know where to start.  I think my eyes were bleeding after reading the complete disregard for true science.  First, you say that the Neolithic age was older than the Paleolithic age.  Now, anyone with any sense can look at the prefix for those words and know that the Neolithic age is a newer age than the Paleolithic age.  
   OK, to clear up your obviously miseducated information, the Paleolithic Period, also know as the old stone age or the late Pleistocene, ranges from 2 million years to 10,500 BCE.  The Mesolithic period ranged from 10,500 to 8500 BCE, and the Neolithic period from 8500 to 4300 BCE.  After which were the Chalcolithic period, (43003300 BCE), early Bronze age (3300-1950BCE), middle bronze age, (19501550 BCE), late Bronze era, (15501200 BCE), Iron age (1200-586 BCE), etc.  Your dates are so far off it disheartens me to know you went through our school systems, and bleakens  my outlook on our future.

"A human skeleton, anatomically identical to Homo sapiens, discovered at Table Mountain, California, is at least 33 million years old"

What??

Give me a reputable source for this, not some wacko writing a book, a journal or similar.

"A human skeleton has been found in Switzerland dating from the remote Eocene (Age), its age estimated between 38 and 45 million years..... France has yielded up eoliths, paleoliths, cut wood and even a chalk ball, the MINIMUM ages of which range from 45 to 50 million years."

Same issue, cite a good source.

Edited by Hmm, 18 October 2005 - 08:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users