Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How many of you do and don't believe in God?

LiveForChrist1

1st, welcome to the forums. :)

2nd, I don't believe in either camp. The religious will never truly understand God and the irreligious will never understand the concept.

...I'll take a window seat thank you.

• Like 8

Im not sure what you mean by God ?

In that case I was raised Hindu. So Id have to say yes I believe in God but it is not the same as described in the Bible. But I get it. I claim to be spiritual not religious nowadays.

My humble opinion, 'God' doesn't need a Bible and Jesus was a great teacher.

Whether or not either are, or were real, makes no difference to me. The good lessons that were taught however, are valuable to the human experience.

• Like 7

In that case I was raised Hindu. So Id have to say yes I believe in God but it is not the same as described in the Bible. But I get it. I claim to be spiritual not religious nowadays.

What were the differences?

My humble opinion, 'God' doesn't need a Bible and Jesus was a great teacher.

Whether or not either are, or were real, makes no difference to me. The good lessons that were taught however, are valuable to the human experience.

I agree with you completely that Jesus is a good teacher and that the lessons that he taught are very vital to us.

Thats too broad of a question to really get into here. But Hindu is a polytheistic religion where Christian faith is monotheistic. The teachings are older then Christianity by a few thousand years. The topics are unfamiliar as east and western religions generally are.

As a side note Buddha was raised Hindu and made most of his pilgrimage across India.

But most of Hindu teachings are about meditation and proper behavior just as the bible is and it is full of stories real or made up that teach deeper meanings about the working of humanity. I am not devout Hindu so Id have to say my knowledge is nothing more then amateur. Theres a lot of similar as in most religions of the world but Hindu is probably the oldest living religion in the world.

1st, welcome to the forums. :)

2nd, I don't believe in either camp. The religious will never truly understand God and the irreligious will never understand the concept.

...I'll take a window seat thank you.

Amusing, I think you're missing the point. It's kinda hard to understand God fully when he's supposed to know everything and be everything lol.

But most of Hindu teachings are about meditation and proper behavior just as the bible is and it is full of stories real or made up that teach deeper meanings about the working of humanity. I am not devout Hindu so Id have to say my knowledge is nothing more then amateur. Theres a lot of similar as in most religions of the world but Hindu is probably the oldest living religion in the world.

I have to disagree actually. I will agree that there are similarities, as pretty much every religion I've seen except Buddhism is, but not so much as to compare it like you have. I know the origin or your religion, it is very different than mine and you can see in turn the differences that have to come from this point. As I don't want to start a needless argument I'll leave it at that.

If it hasn't become obvious yet, yes I'm a Christian.

• Like 1

I agree shadowX and I myself was trying to be not argumentative. As theres already too much of that.

• Like 3

Amusing, I think you're missing the point. It's kinda hard to understand God fully when he's supposed to know everything and be everything lol.

Hello Shadowx, I didn't miss the 'point', because that was the point that we were both making. Who are we to understand an omnipotent being?

I'm an agnostic by the way. Nice to meet you. :)

I'm just curious in one regard. Why is this in the 'Ghost, Hauntings and Paranormal' forum?

Perhaps LiveForChrist1 can explain?

• Like 1

Hello Shadowx, I didn't miss the 'point', because that was the point that we were both making. Who are we to understand an omnipotent being?

I'm an agnostic by the way. Nice to meet you. :)

I admit, I've never understood the concept of being an Agnostic. Why would someone not want to search for the truth of life? I'm not saying you should become a Chritian or anything, but why don't you want to find out for sure what's real and what's not?

Believe in God, but most of the times i strongly disagree with the Church. Besides, God is found inside us, not in Church.

• Like 5

I admit, I've never understood the concept of being an Agnostic. Why would someone not want to search for the truth of life? I'm not saying you should become a Chritian or anything, but why don't you want to find out for sure what's real and what's not?

Well, long story short... I have searched for the truth of life. I long ago found that both 'the question' and 'the answer' are unattainable.

Spiritually, I'm comfortable with that. I hope, in some way, I answered your question.

Edit to add: Maybe we're not supposed to know.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

I don't.

• Like 2

I'm just curious in one regard. Why is this in the 'Ghost, Hauntings and Paranormal' forum?

Perhaps LiveForChrist1 can explain?

I'm sorry. I have to bump my post. Maybe this thread should be moved to the 'Spirituality vs Scepticism' forum, unless LiveForChrist1 can expand on their opening point.

So you don't believe in god or you do?

Well, long story short... I have searched for the truth of life. I long ago found that both 'the question' and 'the answer' are unattainable.

Spiritually, I'm comfortable with that. I hope, in some way, I answered your question.

Edit to add: Maybe we're not supposed to know.

Hmm, I guess I can understand where your coming from then. I just guess that I myself can't take that approach. I have to continue forward, no matter how little in the total universe I learn. I admit, while I've learned a lot and in fact got my start in the supernatural world through my searching I mainly just can't afford to stop *shrugs*.

I suppose it comes down to this, even if you can give up and let yourself fade away without fighting it I can't do that. I cannot and will not let my life become meaningless, I will find the truth and stick to it's path because if I don't then I become nothing.

Edited by shadowx

Believing in something is healthy. Humanity has always explored this aspect of itself as evidenced by early burial sites and that the dead were cared for and not just cast off.

Believing in something is healthy. Humanity has always explored this aspect of itself as evidenced by early burial sites and that the dead were cared for and not just cast off.

Scientology is looking for more members.

Scientology is looking for more members.

Read the whole thread please before slamming someone. Its views like that turn people away from Christianity.

Read the whole thread please before slamming someone. Its views like that turn people away from Christianity.

I wasn't replying to thread but your asinine post. BTW scientology =/= christianity. lol Edited by Rlyeh