Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Worst end to a TV show that wasn't cancelled

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

View Postsam12six, on 17 September 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

I'd vote for Alf.

The whole premise of the show's run was that the family needed to keep him a secret or government agents would kill him and dissect him. The last episode had those agents showing up at the door and the series ending - pretty harsh for a sit com.

Oh wow, I had forgotten that is how Alf ended... I must have blanked out that memory from my childhood.

#17    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

NuBSG. (spoiler alert)

(The Ron Moore Battlestar Galactica)

The whole ending, The chief breaking whats her names neck and destroying the peace treaty, the crappie CGi cylons for the big final battle, matey out of Quantum leap shooting himself, Earth being populated with early hominids the Colonials abandoning their technology. Starbuck vanishing......
Super awful!
A shocking end to a mediocre series.

Long live original BSG!

#18    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostThe Mule, on 17 September 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

Not thrilled with the way Weeds ended.

I wasn't thrilled with the way "Weeds" kept going for roughly 4 years after it had lost it's basic mojo for telling compelling stories... It tried hard to recapture things but every twist it threw in just seemed to make things worse.

#19    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostWookietim, on 19 September 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

I wasn't thrilled with the way "Weeds" kept going for roughly 4 years after it had lost it's basic mojo for telling compelling stories... It tried hard to recapture things but every twist it threw in just seemed to make things worse.

Good point. I think it declined rapidly when Celia left the show. (I just like watching Nancy every week ;) )

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#20    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,341 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostSunny Day, on 19 September 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

Oh wow, I had forgotten that is how Alf ended... I must have blanked out that memory from my childhood.

Though I did misspeak by saying they showed up at the door, here's the last minute of the series - comedy gold...

#21    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostLilly, on 02 September 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Yeah, "Quantum Leap's" ending was a real bummer. I also didn't like the way "The Sopranos" ended either (was Tony wacked or what?). Generally speaking, most show endings leave a great deal to be desired IMO.
Yeah the Sopranos disappointed me to greatly, and whats with the way they just end an episode it just cuts to black lmao. Its like okay i guess that ones over

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#22    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

Firefly was a great show. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/  It had it all,... great CG animations, witty dialogue the quirky premises and settings was great. The characters in the story were also interesting.  

It was axed after eleven of the fourteen produced episodes were aired.

I have no idea why. :angry:

Edited by Hazzard, 24 September 2012 - 12:50 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#23    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostHazzard, on 24 September 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Firefly was a great show. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/  It had it all,... great CG animations, witty dialogue the quirky premises and settings was great. The characters in the story were also interesting.  

It was axed after eleven of the fourteen produced episodes were aired.

I have no idea why. :angry:

(SPOILER ALERT) If you've not seen Firefly or serenity just go and watch them and don't read this post.

Firefly was cancelled though. Joss Whedon did wrap it up with the movie Serenity and I thought he did a good job.
Serenity is one of the best Sci-Fi movies of the last decade, for all the reasons you outline above.
I thought it was a shame that Joss kills off Wash and Book, and of course much of the hinted at 'back stories' never gets explained, but for a show that was cancelled after 10 episodes aired, I think we got llucky with the movie.
The TV show is a true gem. Joss' best TV work by a wide, wide margin. The Movie Serenity is a classic.

And I never get tired of watching River kick butt!

#24    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 19 September 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

NuBSG. (spoiler alert)

(The Ron Moore Battlestar Galactica)

The whole ending, The chief breaking whats her names neck and destroying the peace treaty, the crappie CGi cylons for the big final battle, matey out of Quantum leap shooting himself, Earth being populated with early hominids the Colonials abandoning their technology. Starbuck vanishing......
Super awful!
A shocking end to a mediocre series.

Long live original BSG!

I absolutely loved everything about that show, including the ending. This may speak more about me than anything else, but I actually didn't see the ending coming. Awesome sci fi.

I couldnt get into the original. Too cheesy. It reminds me of the original 'V'.

#25    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 09 October 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

I absolutely loved everything about that show, including the ending. This may speak more about me than anything else, but I actually didn't see the ending coming. Awesome sci fi.

I couldnt get into the original. Too cheesy. It reminds me of the original 'V'.

*Gasp* Wash out your mouth with soap! Thats just crazy talk ;)

I've got one of the original spacesuits from the 'Fire in Space' episode, some smaller original props and a full size Centurion in the lounge.
I met most of the cast in Birmingham some years ago... I'm a little bit of a fan.

Edited by Atlantia, 09 October 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#26    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

View Postsam12six, on 19 September 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

Though I did misspeak by saying they showed up at the door, here's the last minute of the series - comedy gold...

Thanks for putting that up.  I really loved Alf.  Wouldn't work at all for today's children, but I'm glad it was part of my chiildhood - yay for the 80's!

#27    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

I just recently saw this scene in YouTube. It's from a Turkish movie called ''Kareteci Kız 1973''. I don't know, if it's the end of the movie, but i'd like to share it with you, because it's a related topic. It's so pourly acted, that i don't know, if i should laugh at it or cry...

Edited by CuriousGreek, 04 December 2012 - 04:43 PM.

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#28    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,028 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostCuriousGreek, on 04 December 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

I just recently saw this scene in YouTube. It's from a Turkish movie called ''Kareteci Kız 1973''. I don't know, if it's the end of the movie, but i'd like to share it with you, because it's a related topic. It's so pourly acted, that i don't know, if i should laugh at it or cry...

That was terrible! :lol:   It makes you think that if they shot fewer movies and more directors the world would be better off...

#29    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostTaun, on 04 December 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

That was terrible! :lol:   It makes you think that if they shot fewer movies and more directors the world would be better off...
True that, pal! :P

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#30    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

I know it's not a TV show, but the ending of the movie The Mist made me wanna punch a baby.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users