Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

American Horror Story


  • Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#106    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 02 March 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

So what did you think of the rest of it BM?



I saw this post  a few days ago and I couldn't reply because I had not watched the last two episodes  at the time, I still had them recorded...So  hope you can forgive my delay..As  my review of the last couple of episodes  contain spoilers..  I didn't know how to use the spoiler function...but I knew Nibs  had posted spoilers  in a previous post.. so I went in, and  nabbed  her quote that contained spoiler tabs...I copied and pasted her post with spoiler tabs  and  used them to post this review.....    I still have no idea how you guys   use the spoiler function  lol

See below ...and brace yourself  lol


Spoiler




Edited by Beckys_Mom, 14 March 2012 - 12:17 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#107    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

I heard the gay ghost couple are coming back for season two as well.

Miss me?

#108    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,926 posts
  • Joined:13 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 March 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

I saw this post  a few days ago and I couldn't reply because I had not watched the last two episodes  at the time, I still had them recorded...So  hope you can forgive my delay..As  my review of the last couple of episodes  contain spoilers..  I didn't know how to use the spoiler function...but I knew Nibs  had posted spoilers  in a previous post.. so I went in, and  nabbed  her quote that contained spoiler tabs...I copied and pasted her post with spoiler tabs  and  used them to post this review.....    I still have no idea how you guys   use the spoiler function  lol

See below ...and brace yourself  lol


Spoiler




Spoiler



View Postmissymoo999, on 15 March 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

I heard the gay ghost couple are coming back for season two as well.
Zachary Quinto is coming back to play someone new, but the other actor isn't. None of the same characters are returning.

Odd bit of news: Adam Levine from The Voice and Maroon 5 will be playing a character.

And here's something from EOnline:

Quote

Season two of American Horror Story will begin shooting in July and the writers came together in February to begin breaking story. While not much about season two was revealed, Murphy did say one thing viewers will never see on the show: “Our only rule on this show was no werewolves and no vampires. I think a supernatural element will always be a part of the show. We’re going to do something much more historically accurate.”

I also read in some article that it will be set on the East coast and in "a horror institution."

Posted Image

#109    violetlight

violetlight

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:somewhere between general confusion and total WTF

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

LOVE this show and I'm so glad we won't see any vampires on it..there are too many running amok in tv land as it is!


#110    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,926 posts
  • Joined:13 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Ryan Murphy confirmed the second season will be set on the East coast in a mental institution for the criminally insane. Jessica Lange will be playing the woman who runs it.

I think this should be pretty awesome. Now I'm just wondering if it will be set in present time, or in the past. Because asylums were pretty horrific back in the day, so I imagine there will at least be a few flashbacks even if it's set in modern times.

Posted Image

#111    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 19 April 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Ryan Murphy confirmed the second season will be set on the East coast in a mental institution for the criminally insane. Jessica Lange will be playing the woman who runs it.

I think this should be pretty awesome. Now I'm just wondering if it will be set in present time, or in the past. Because asylums were pretty horrific back in the day, so I imagine there will at least be a few flashbacks even if it's set in modern times.

I thought they would build it around her new child? .. Either way, sounds interesting.. I will be watching...  I have seen many  haunting TV shows  based in old mental hospitals..all freaky and  because they used to be  more barbaric  in the day, I am sure they will  use that to keep us watching

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 21 April 2012 - 03:35 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#112    Antilles

Antilles

    NCC-1701

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Joined:23 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:2nd star from the left

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

I have watched this show from the 1st ep. It's trying to be a new version of American Gothic and it makes as much sense as AM did. NONE!
But where AM had a charismatic male bad guy lead in Sheriff Lucas Buck I'm still trying to work out who the male bad guy lead in AMH is.
A lot of it doesn't make sense but they're trying and I agree - it's good to see something without bloody vampires in it. Over that whole
freaking teenager scene.
The opening credits have photos from the Victorian Era. They would photograph dead children dressed up or being held by their parents which is how they're bringing the abortion doctor into the series.
Good on them. I'll keep watching.


#113    smithgarry

smithgarry

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

It's one of mine favorite horror tv show. i am watching this from the starting of that show now watching these days' Never miss to watch it.


#114    violetlight

violetlight

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:somewhere between general confusion and total WTF

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

So glad to hear Jessica Lange will be back - will she still be Constance? I'm just wondering how they'll explain that Constance is now running a mental asylum. And will the evil kid be there too?


#115    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,926 posts
  • Joined:13 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postvioletlight, on 13 July 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

So glad to hear Jessica Lange will be back - will she still be Constance? I'm just wondering how they'll explain that Constance is now running a mental asylum. And will the evil kid be there too?
The creator has stated very adamantly that the returning actors will be playing completely different characters. The evil kid won't be there because it has absolutely nothing to do with the first season. I didn't like this idea at first, but I'm all for it now. It's a risky move that you don't ever see happening, but I think they'll be able to pull it off. We've seen that this show has great writing, and good scares so I don't think you can go wrong with an asylum for a horror/drama series.

Anyway, first teaser! I'm really excited.


Posted Image

#116    Antilles

Antilles

    NCC-1701

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Joined:23 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:2nd star from the left

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

Asylum?

Oh well, since everyone's dead, I guess it's a logical step. But yes, I hope Jessica Lange is still there.


#117    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 17 August 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

The creator has stated very adamantly that the returning actors will be playing completely different characters. The evil kid won't be there because it has absolutely nothing to do with the first season. I didn't like this idea at first, but I'm all for it now. It's a risky move that you don't ever see happening, but I think they'll be able to pull it off. We've seen that this show has great writing, and good scares so I don't think you can go wrong with an asylum for a horror/drama series.

Anyway, first teaser! I'm really excited.


What was that she threw out of the bucket?........ I cannot tell if it was body parts  or a little baby...?  If it was a baby.. I wont be watching.. But it looked to me like she was luring something

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 August 2012 - 12:34 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#118    lizzieboo

lizzieboo

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:2nd star on the right, straight on til morning

  • He was more like a succession of extraordinary events than a person. (Douglas Adams)

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hope you'll forgive me if this has already been addressed (I'm having a short attention span day so I haven't read the full thread), but can anyone tell me whether there's anyplace I can watch the entire first season online? Netflix doesn't have it yet. :no: <_< :angry:

All right, I see what's going on. This is the opening salvo in what will be an escalating series of juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Well titted! Stand by for my upcoming tat. --Dr. Sheldon Cooper


#119    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

View Postlizzieboo, on 18 August 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

Hope you'll forgive me if this has already been addressed (I'm having a short attention span day so I haven't read the full thread), but can anyone tell me whether there's anyplace I can watch the entire first season online? Netflix doesn't have it yet. :no: <_< :angry:

That Netflix is a load of pants ..We got it for Becky and a lot of the common shows we like are not on it.. Becky however can watch her old cartoon shows like Dora the explorer & Pingu ..

Here try this --> http://watchseries.e...an_horror_story

If not ..try this instead -> http://www.tv-links....or-Story_27154/

I liked the first season..hope you enjoy it

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#120    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,926 posts
  • Joined:13 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 August 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

What was that she threw out of the bucket?........ I cannot tell if it was body parts  or a little baby...?  If it was a baby.. I wont be watching.. But it looked to me like she was luring something
In the bucket that she doesn't dump it's a pig foot, or maybe some other barn animal. No idea what the other bucket is, but it looks black/greyish. I had a feeling it has something to do with abuse of patients, or maybe one of the patients did something that they had to clean up after. Luring is a good guess too, we'll just have to wait to find out.

Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users