Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Other side of gun ownership

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#46    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,126 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Gangs are the source of most gun crime. This isn't a well thought out idea but I think our military or national guard should be at home irradicating these gangs. I don't see why it would be so hard. We can find Sadam Hussein 10,000 miles away hiding under a rock. Why can't we come home and take care of domestic issues. I know that's what local law enforcement and the FBI are for but the fact is they aren't doing a good enough job. Maybe they aren't doing a bad job but the problem certainly isn't getting any better. Gangmembers are useless wastes of air and space. They certainly have no good qualities and the Mexican gangs are mostly illegals anyways. I heard recently that gang activity go hand in hand with illegal immigrant migration if you were to follow the dots on a map. That was MS13 I was hearing about. I can also assure that nearly all gang members are also collecting gov assistance too. Nothing but a waste and a drain that needs to be dealt with utmost importance.

Posted Image

#47    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

You still cant have my guns :gun:

If you all are gonna throw your Constitution down the drain you better find some land for all the Red Blooded Americans that give a ****.

#48    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,140 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

The National Rifle Association has gained more than 100,000 new members in the past 18 days, the organization told POLITICO’s Playbook on Thursday.

http://www.politico....hook-86001.html

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#49    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Indeed the media and government are fabricating the need for gun control.

#50    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,559 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 09 January 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

And, I don't think this is the 'other side' of gun ownership.  This is the reason for ownership.
IF i were a criminal and knew that most households i want to burgle most probably have guns, then i would make sure I was armed too. If i was nervous because of my possible drug problem, hence the need to burgle, then chances are my mental state, would be in no fit state to have a gun in my hand, BUT, I have chosen to burgle someones house and need the money to get my next fix, so I will take my chances.......................But then we have the honest person who knows that out there are people taking their chances on burgling their homes with a gun in their hand..

So we have the merrygoround.....

Personally, I agree with what the woman did, IF I had a gun in my house I would do the same, BUT, I am lucky enough to be living in a place which is not part of the GUN merrygoround........and will do EVERYTHING I can to keep it that way, its a shame it has gone so far in American and I can not see a way out in the forseeable future.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#51    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,140 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 January 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

IF i were a criminal and knew that most households i want to burgle most probably have guns, then i would make sure I was armed too.

I think you'd pick a home that you knew wasn't going to have arms in it.  Drug addict or not, you're not going to go into a home thinking your going to shoot it out with a homeowner.  What're you gonna get away with?  A computer? a TV?  As cops start arriving from reported gun shots?  And that's if you're not riddled with bullet holes.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#52    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,559 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 January 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

I think you'd pick a home that you knew wasn't going to have arms in it.  Drug addict or not, you're not going to go into a home thinking your going to shoot it out with a homeowner.  What're you gonna get away with?  A computer? a TV?  As cops start arriving from reported gun shots?  And that's if you're not riddled with bullet holes.
I would, but from the posts over the past couple of months by Americans on here and what I have been reading...thats very few and far between in the US.
it seems guns in the homes are pretty normal over there, so please correct me if I am wrong, but the chances are of finding a home without a gun in would be far more difficult.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#53    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,140 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

I would say more homes here do not have guns than those that do.  Residential burglaries are rampant.

#54    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,126 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 January 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

its a shame it has gone so far in American and I can not see a way out in the forseeable future.

I hear ya but besides this antigun movement what's gone so far that hasn't always been around? Bad guys with guns and good guys to stop them have always been around and so has our 2nd amendment right to protect ourselves. The most crimes happens in densely populated areas as it always had and even if you live in a real low crime area stuff can happen just like it always has or could.
What needs to happens is...
...A serious crackdown on major offenders starting with gangs. Gang membership in itself ought to carry a weighted penalty.
...Serious penalties for serious crimes. People get more time for getting high than others get for murder and rape, sometimes. Clear the jails for those who really need to be there.
...An end to demonizing law abiding citizens and their lawful rights. It's one thing for the immateur media to act as it is but this crap is coming from top levels of government including the POTUS and his 2nd amendment brainwash the children against guns AG Holder. Those idiots need to focus on eliminating the above two points, not attacking American citizens and the NRA.

Posted Image

#55    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,126 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 January 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

I would, but from the posts over the past couple of months by Americans on here and what I have been reading...thats very few and far between in the US.
it seems guns in the homes are pretty normal over there, so please correct me if I am wrong, but the chances are of finding a home without a gun in would be far more difficult.
Doubt it but it depends on the area your looking at. There is almost a legal gun for every citizen numbers wise but many people own multiple guns. I'd guess its more like 1/3 of households actually have a gun. There is no accounting for illegal guns though.

Posted Image

#56    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,465 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 10 January 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Doubt it but it depends on the area your looking at. There is almost a legal gun for every citizen numbers wise but many people own multiple guns. I'd guess its more like 1/3 of households actually have a gun. There is no accounting for illegal guns though.

It would depend heavily on the area! I know very few people that don't have guns and most of them have a lot of kids running in and out of the house. When our outbuilding was broken into and tools were stolen I was home. I had the police on the phone in one hand and in the other I had a .45 with a bead, through the kitchen window, on one of the guys that was a lookout. The first thing the cop said when he showed up was, "You do have a gun don't you?" It wasn't really a question because he was nodding when he said it. I didn't know how many of them were back there and my life wasn't in danger so I didn't confront them, but I was ready in case they did try and get into the house. I was furious to no end, but I would not pull a gun on someone for a few hundred dollars worth of tools and possibly endanger myself.

Edited by Michelle, 10 January 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#57    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,140 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Posted Image 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders
Here's one reason to own an AR-15.

A 15-year old boy used his father’s AR-15 to defend himself and his 12-year old sister against two burglars at their home just north of Houston, Texas.
Their father is a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy constable, and the boy knew what he had to do to keep himself and his sister alive. Around 2:30 PM, two men tried to break in, with one going through the front door and the other in the back.

The boy grabbed the AR-15 and shot at them. The two later showed up at a Tomball hospital. The adult was hit three times and was flown to Memorial Hermann hospital, while the juvenile was taken back to the crime scene.

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,” Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. “That young boy was protecting his sister. He was in fear for his life and her life.”

More stories are coming out about armed citizens defending their lives and property with legally owned firearms. In the span of a week, Breitbart News has reported how a mother used a .38 revolver against an intruder, a man used his weapon to protect his 2-month old son, and a Colorado man invoked the Make My Day law in Colorado in using lethal force to defend himself against three intruders.

Senator Dianne Feinstein and others are trying to push through major gun control laws that would include banning the AR-15, the same gun used by the teenage boy.

http://www.breitbart....ainst-Burglars

http://www.khou.com/....-97430719.html

#58    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,945 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 January 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

You still cant have my guns :gun:

If you all are gonna throw your Constitution down the drain you better find some land for all the Red Blooded Americans that give a ****.

People aren't asking for your guns or trying to throw away the Constitution. There will still be handguns. There will still be rifles. There will still be shotguns. Trying to equate gun control with a 100% ban on any firearms does nothing to further debate towards a possible solution.

And the boy's story is not a reason to own an AR-15. From the sounds of it any gun could have done the job. And I hope to hell that the kid has a lot of education and respect for firearms because having a 15 year old with easy access to firearms could lead to serious trouble.

Edited by Corp, 10 January 2013 - 09:50 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#59    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,123 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 10 January 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Gangs are the source of most gun crime. This isn't a well thought out idea but I think our military or national guard should be at home irradicating these gangs.

unfortunatly 1-2% of us military are active  members of street gangs, according to fbi. they bring knowlege they got in us army, and teach their gang brothers,

Edited by aztek, 10 January 2013 - 09:57 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#60    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,126 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostCorp, on 10 January 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

And the boy's story is not a reason to own an AR-15. From the sounds of it any gun could have done the job.
It's not a reason not to own one either. Your second sentence invalidates your first sentence. A gun is a gun. I'll concede that maybe people shouldn't have Gatling guns, at least as a means of self defense. Those can cause lots of collateral damage.

View Postaztek, on 10 January 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

unfortunatly 1-2% of us military are active  members of street gangs, according to fbi. they bring knowlege they got in us army, and teach their gang brothers,
Your right, I've heard that. An even better reason to fight fire with fire. We can't have street gangs getting to tactical. Then again, maybe it'll help them hit the right targets during drivebys instead of five year old kids.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users