Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

15 States have filed a petition to secede

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#46    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Obama won.. get over it America..  (easy to say when you aren't American.. ie me).. lol..

why don't people put all that energy into helping the homeless and poor?

#47    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

View Postwith bells on, on 12 November 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Obama won.. get over it America..  (easy to say when you aren't American.. ie me).. lol..

why don't people put all that energy into helping the homeless and poor?
Because then we'd actually have to to do something! D:

Posted Image

~MEH~

#48    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,832 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

So if these people do get their dream, and establish the Free Republic of Texas or Tennesee, I suppose they'd expect, like the somewhat similar example of Scotland, that some people (i.e. Alex Salmon) want to break away from the UK, they'd expect to be able to take over the armed forces that are currently based there? Or would they be content with a redneck militia? How long would it be before (say) Republic of Texas decides that it wouldn't mind a bit of, say, the Democratic Republic of Louisiana?
I suppose at least it might distract them from wanting to invade various Middle Eastern countries.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#49    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,832 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 12 November 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

I think some  states would just like to be left alone and allowed to fend for themselves without the Federal government dictating everything to them.
If they think they can, by all means let them, but how long will it be before they're politely asking Washington if they wouldn't mind tiding them over for a bit due to a slight unforeseen cash flow porblem ...?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#50    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,832 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostHasina, on 12 November 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

The majority don't (as a Texan I've got my fingers on the pulse of that, you could almost say) and Texas doesn't deserve it either, it's part of the Union (as the definition states for union: The action or fact of joining together or being joined together, esp. in a political context). Or “Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall!”
Approx. 23,000 out of a population of approx, 26 million, I believe it was.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#51    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

View Post747400, on 13 November 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

Approx. 23,000 out of a population of approx, 26 million, I believe it was.
So about 0.08846153846153847% of the total population has signed it? Woo dawgy! I should get ready to call this the Lone Star Country!

Posted Image

~MEH~

#52    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,367 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostHasina, on 13 November 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

So about 0.08846153846153847% of the total population has signed it? Woo dawgy! I should get ready to call this the Lone Star Country!
  I like Texas (and America) I've been there a few times,but I do have a hard time understanding the accent, dang it y'all.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#53    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 13 November 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

I like Texas (and America) I've been there a few times,but I do have a hard time understanding the accent, dang it y'all.
"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

Our accent is a strange one, I'll give you that, but I don't hear it. :B lol, anyway... The point I'd like to make off of your post is that Texas is a part of America. As Perry said, it's great! No reason to get rid of it. But he also points out Texans are an independent lot, and I think he's saying this nicely by meaning 'yeah, we're gonna have the esoteric people who want secession, but that's some Texans, we're just a weird lot with weird ideas.' He's not going to bash some of the people who may have voted for him. He's just being a politician, a pretty slick one but his message is clear: Texas, the state, isn't going to secede.

Edited by Hasina, 13 November 2012 - 11:55 AM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#54    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• 1,861 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 12 November 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

That is their right, but then they should not scream if somebody takes their pork barrel away too.

Yes. I totally agree. Being on your own truly does mean being on your own.

#55    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,249 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

I live in NY,which Obama won .I signed no petition I can tell you .
All these butt hurt sore losers need to jusy move out of the country .
We don't need all the extra whining,and it will solve food and gas shortages.
Don't let the door hit you in a ass on the way it .

Buh bai

http://www.huffingto...ntent=FullStory

Posted Image

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 13 November 2012 - 08:46 PM.

Miss me?

#56    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,367 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostHasina, on 13 November 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

Our accent is a strange one, I'll give you that, but I don't hear it. :B lol, anyway... The point I'd like to make off of your post is that Texas is a part of America. As Perry said, it's great! No reason to get rid of it. But he also points out Texans are an independent lot, and I think he's saying this nicely by meaning 'yeah, we're gonna have the esoteric people who want secession, but that's some Texans, we're just a weird lot with weird ideas.' He's not going to bash some of the people who may have voted for him. He's just being a politician, a pretty slick one but his message is clear: Texas, the state, isn't going to secede.
  You live in a beautifull place with 99% good people, dont let the weirdo's spoil it. (and I'll forgive the accent ha ha, because you would never understand mine,being a Mackem),

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#57    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Posted Image

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#58    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,242 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 12 November 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

Sour grapes!  :hmm:

Maybe we could send these people to Antarctica!   :)
You could try, I guess.  How's your marksmanship?  :w00t: :gun:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#59    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,242 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Seriously though, the issue is really the distrust and divisiveness in our country.  It's toxic and growing worse and if Romney had won I think it wouldn't have changed anything.  The problem is the people want more from government than we are willing to pay for.  The tax base can NEVER be large enough in that situation.  The real secession will be when the producers stop trying to prosper because they see it is pointless.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#60    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,466 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

View Postand then, on 14 November 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Seriously though, the issue is really the distrust and divisiveness in our country.  It's toxic and growing worse and if Romney had won I think it wouldn't have changed anything.  The problem is the people want more from government than we are willing to pay for.  The tax base can NEVER be large enough in that situation.  The real secession will be when the producers stop trying to prosper because they see it is pointless.
The situation will worsen as the World population spirals out of control towards the end of this Century.India and China springs to mind.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users