Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why should aliens be more inteligent than us?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:38 PM

What about my chicken theory?

#17    flyinghigh23

flyinghigh23

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

• "Patience has no time limit" JB

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:30 AM

Hey Norm!

I like your chicken theory thumbsup.gif

As for whoever started this thread- I think the intelligence of the aliens probably can't be compared to ours so easily.  Their culture is probably so different, their intertactions, their ideas, their norms.  And maybe technology doesn't necessarily equal intelligence, perhaps they just had more time to produce their technology and had better resources.  Who's to say we won't get there at some time?  I would say they are more highly evolved than us, but that doesn't necessarily imply intelligence.

I think we are intelligent with our technology, but not how we use it.  I think we have a less than evoloved idea of how to socially relate and deal with universal problems.  If intelligence means knowing how to accurately and effectively/safely use what we know for the better good of all or us, then no, we are not more intelligent. It's too hard to compare because we know so little about their worlds, just what we see of their technology with travel.  

#18    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:56 PM

They would have to be intelligent to make ways to travel to other planets.

Whether or not they are wise is a different matter, being intelligent has nothing to do with using technology, but being wise does, for example, you could have one of the smartest scientists and he does an experiment that is very complex and it works out alright, but they didnt think of the side effects and whether or not it is moral.

Edited by Cradle of Fish, 28 July 2004 - 05:57 PM.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#19    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:58 AM

Some may like to think we are intelligent and yes we have technology that we have created that only intelligent beings could possibly create. We have a scoiety with laws, infrastructure, religion, constitutions and you do have to be some what intelligent to come up with these. Now aliens are most likely going to be sooooo different from us that we may not even be able to undersatnd them or realise they are intelligent. There could be a species out there that knows basically everything and could do equations in its mind that only our super computers could handle, but they may have turned there backs on technology and live with the surrounding environment as just another cog in the system. Intelligence can be defined in many different ways but when it comes to aliens how exactly are we going to measure their intelligence???......

Aliens will probably be more intelligent than us because basically they wont be like us. They probably wont be killing each other, polluting the planet, etc etc..... They will think things through, look at side effects and probable difficulities and problems. They will basically most likely be wise and understand things. We are4 intelligent yes, but by no means are we anywhere near anything that could be called geniuses or wise beings!!!

Aliens will also probably have had more time to evolve and develop their society and technology. We are still young in a very old place. Something out there will be more intelligent than us!!! Because if we are it, than GOD help us all!!! tongue.gif  

#20    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

Aliens will probably be more intelligent than us because basically they wont be like us. They probably wont be killing each other, polluting the planet, etc etc..... They will think things through, look at side effects and probable difficulities and problems. They will basically most likely be wise and understand things. We are4 intelligent yes, but by no means are we anywhere near anything that could be called geniuses or wise beings!!!

Who says they'll be benevolent, perhaps theyve have evolved into a species of warmongerers we just dont know.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#21    Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:22 PM

They would have to be intelligent to make ways to travel to other planets.

Like Starship Enterprise?

#22    Miang

Miang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Meet me in the Wired...

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:22 PM

Ah, yes…

Only an intellectually superior being could find a way to place a pause in every sentence…

LOL grin2.gif

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.

#23    mr_halo

mr_halo

Alien Abducter

• 4,556 posts

• "Apparently I have lost the fallatus to speak properly."

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:47 PM

Maybe they are less intelligent or on an even par with us, but have been left the means to travel through space by a far superior race, thats now extinct or gone to a higher plain of existence, i call these the ancients, oh wait thats stargate sg-1, but it could still be true

Plus certain alien races may have better resources in order to progress a space program faster, who knows...

Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up.
Posted Image
There is an old Jaffa saying, General Hammond. "They do not build them as they once did."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users